U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 05:59 PM

13,882 posts, read 12,083,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I posted the story around here somewhere before but here's the "Reader's Digest version":

I've always wanted to restore a historic home; so when the market was hot back in 2006 we sold our "new" 2001 house and started looking.

We found a very beautiful prairie style bungalow in a great neighborhood; it was on the National Historic Register, in a great neighborhood and in almost entirely original condition. It was unoccupied at the time and had been on the market for almost a year, which was surprising given how hot the market was and how nice it was. We even gave a crazy lowball offer (40K below asking price) and the old owners took it! I asked to meet with them to ask questions about the house but they refused... I never did meet them.

Since then we've had a laundry list of strange happenings, including poltergeist activity and even full body apparations. Here'e a few of the highlights:

Only a couple nights after moving in, I walked down the hall from one side of the house to to another; as I passed light bulbs starting going out; one in the bathroom, the other bedroom, the kitchen and finally breakfast nook. I thought maybe I had inherited a serious wiring problem but it never happened again.

Not too long after I was in the tub; my wife opened the door to talk to me and I could see a small figure of a girl behind her. I thought it was my daughter (who was 5 at the time). I told my wife to keep out daughter out so she wouldn't see me but when she turned around nobody was there. My daughter was in the front room watching TV.

After that I awoke in the middle of the night to see the same figure of a girl standing in my bedroom doorway looking at me; after a few seconds she turned around and ran down the hall. I literally catapulted out of bed and down the hall after her, but nobody was there. My kids were all fast asleep.

The third time I saw her I was down in the boiler room where I had set up a place to build a model submarine. I heard little footsteps comming down the stairs above and to the right of me and saw a figure out of the corner of my eye. I turned around and saw here plain as day like a real person for just a second and then she wasn't there... like bad movie editing when something is there in a film and then just isn't.

In between the second and third sighting of the little girl I made contact with the elderly son of the original owner, who still lived in town (sadly he passed away this year). I knew the original owner's daughter died in 1918 because it was in the NHR paperwork, but I found out she died in the house. They also let me take home some pictures to scan; there was a picture of the girl just a few months before she died and I instantly recognized her as the "ghost", even down to the bobbed hair and white dress with puffy sleeves. It was a real "Twilight Zone" moment. My family and I also went to find her grave in the local cementary; it wasn't huge (maybe a couple hundred graves) and I didn't know where here grave was but I stopped the car in the middle of the cemetary, got out literally walked straight to it like I had known where it was without even thinking about it. It was really weird.

A couple of times things moved on their own; once I was laying on the couch in the front room and watched the curtain scoot maybe 2 feet aross the curtain rod on it's own. Another time the bathroom vanity closed on it's own against gravity while I was standing in front of it, and another time the shampoo cap shot off the bottle and into my bath. It was screwed on and not under pressure.

Once I was home alone playing Xbox on a Saturday during the daytime when I heard a huge crash come from the bedrooms, like somebody had literally dumped over a china cabinet full of china. I searched the whole house; even the attic and crawlspace as well as outside but could find no source for the noise.

And it isn't just me; once I came home after a night school class to find my wife in a panic; she had heard the back door open and steps cross the kitchen and assumed it was me. But when she went in the kitchen to greet me, nobody was there. I arrived maybe 20 min later.

My son came screaming into our room one night in terror; he said he heard footsteps comming up the basement stairs (the same place I saw the ghost) which were right next to that room.

Finally, while this may not be paranormal my ghost hunter friends and I tried to do a ghost hunt there earlier this summer.

We usually put out a K2 meter with the button held on and start asking questions to try to get a response. We got no K2 responses, but I was quickly overwhelmed by feelings of discomfort, anger and even betrayal. As illogical as it sounds I got the strong impression the house was angry at me for trying to do a ghost hunt there. It was an overwhelming feeling.

I don't know what is going on there, I used to think haunting reports were psychological problems and/or outright lies, but now I know there is more to it...
Incredibly interesting on an intellectual level. I love reading about this kind of thing, both real accounts and fictional stories. But on a practical level, I think I would freak out and die from heart failure if some of this stuff happened to me personally.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 923 times
Default Pretty sure I am haunting my childhood home

I regularly "dream" of visiting/being in my childhood home across town. Especially if I am struggling with personal situations or seeking "emotional shelter". Our family lived there for over 15 years and the home was sold twice since then. I have discussed this with other members of my family, many who have admitted they have had similar dreams and worry that they too are unintentionally haunting our old home. It is unintentional; but I will dream of being home. While there I will hear people coming down the hallway or up the stairs and I will slide into a closet or a nook and hide from them. During this dream , I know I shouldn't be there - I am even aware that the other people in the house live there now. Nevertheless I have a need to be there too and try not to disturb the occupants. I am not in contact with the current owner, and no tragedy befell our family while living there; in fact it was a carefree happy time for our whole family. I have no idea if the current owner has any haunting experiences or manifestations, but several times I had to hide from them and they had detected my presence and were looking around. When I wake up I always feel badly that I went somewhere I oughtn't and possibly scared good people. I don't know what to make of it, but I have a strong uncomfortable feeling that I am in fact causing some disturbance at the house, and so does my mother and several of my siblings. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,637,905 times
All of the action described in this thread are actions by the spirit within.
As the human host of the spirit, you are witness to these actions.
It is no more puzzling than that.
Bob.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:02 AM

4,530 posts, read 4,020,169 times
I do not think that priests are really cut out for the job are they? Do they get any training in this kind of thing as part of their "advanced level priests course" ?

They may have more faith in God than the regular guy, but I would assume that an experienced medium is more aquainted with the spirit world than a priest, who (seems to me) is more of a theoretical than a practical kind of position.

Just my impressions of course and if anyone really knows how priests are trained, I would love to know (and alter my opinion also).

Old 10-02-2015, 07:05 PM

1 posts, read 578 times
I'm haunting a house in Yorktown Heights, New York that we sold in 1991. I find myself at least once a month there getting upset that there are other people in the kitchen. Why have things been renovated? Sometimes I know I have to leave before people get home. Sometimes I see strangers there and question them? Or I am wandering around in the yard? Then near the end of the dream I realize I don't own it anymore and I leave.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:41 PM

3,978 posts, read 3,779,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faie View Post
I'm haunting a house in Yorktown Heights, New York that we sold in 1991. I find myself at least once a month there getting upset that there are other people in the kitchen. Why have things been renovated? Sometimes I know I have to leave before people get home. Sometimes I see strangers there and question them? Or I am wandering around in the yard? Then near the end of the dream I realize I don't own it anymore and I leave.
You're like the pest that never go away.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:42 AM

1,205 posts, read 940,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salo49 View Post
I regularly "dream" of visiting/being in my childhood home across town. Especially if I am struggling with personal situations or seeking "emotional shelter". Our family lived there for over 15 years and the home was sold twice since then. I have discussed this with other members of my family, many who have admitted they have had similar dreams and worry that they too are unintentionally haunting our old home. It is unintentional; but I will dream of being home. While there I will hear people coming down the hallway or up the stairs and I will slide into a closet or a nook and hide from them. During this dream , I know I shouldn't be there - I am even aware that the other people in the house live there now. Nevertheless I have a need to be there too and try not to disturb the occupants. I am not in contact with the current owner, and no tragedy befell our family while living there; in fact it was a carefree happy time for our whole family. I have no idea if the current owner has any haunting experiences or manifestations, but several times I had to hide from them and they had detected my presence and were looking around. When I wake up I always feel badly that I went somewhere I oughtn't and possibly scared good people. I don't know what to make of it, but I have a strong uncomfortable feeling that I am in fact causing some disturbance at the house, and so does my mother and several of my siblings. Has anyone else had similar experiences?
Unbelievable. Have never heard of this kind of thing ever. Wow.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:44 PM

3,978 posts, read 3,779,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salo49 View Post
Can you, for example, see them while they are in the shower, or other room?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:05 PM

2,367 posts, read 1,819,935 times
Astral projection is said to involve maintaining a state of consciousness - not blacking out into sleep - while in a dream state.

That being said, these things and beings you see could be manufactured by your own mind. Your own projection into a place you knew intimately, but also know must have changed over time. There is no way to know for sure.

If you have been by the house and seen changes, then that would explain you knowing about the changes when you dream. Also, just like you would be a projection from another place and time - so could be the things you see.

You dont know if the people who are hiding are people living there now, or spirits from the lands former times, others like yourself who may also be astral projecting to the same place for whatever reason, or dream-induced life forms created along with the rest of the dream in your own mind.

You may or may not be religious, but religion plays a role in this discussion as well. You dont know what you are dealing with, and SOME spiritual leaders are trained to allegedly tell the difference. That's why many of them suggest never trying to contact the dead or conjure spirits - you dont know what you are dealing with, and there are far too many variables.

Quantum Physics can and does prove almost anything involving energy is possible. A simple thought is energy. The problem is you dont always know the source, and since 'the Devil is a liar' you cant trust anything until maybe when you become a spiritual being yourself (i.e. after your own death).

My suggestion would be to let any experience happen naturally, and enjoy it if you can, but never try to force it to happen or expect it to happen as you could be opening a door that will never close again. Peace.

P.S. I realize that this may seem disconnected from the topic for some, but it really isnt. Astral projection is a possibility that usually will inevitably open doors to other possibilities. As the old saying goes - be careful what you wish for you just might get it - but what it doesnt continue on to say is that what you get might not be what you perceive it to be, or anything that you truly wanted. If doors to other planes are meant to open for you, they will on their own, and it could take a lifetime to gain even a fundamental understanding of if any of it is real or not - and even more importantly, if its anything you can afford to trust. Your sanity may depend on your ability to take any such experiences with a grain of salt.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:54 AM

78 posts, read 63,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
This is a real phenomenon, often called a "crisis apparition" when living people appear as "ghosts" despite not being anywhere near the scene of the sighting.

Another similar phenomenon is a "thought form"; an entity created from scratch through metal visualization that can be experienced by others and remain long after it's creation.

It also strongly suggest that ghosts aren't actually the disembodied minds of dead people but are something else entirely...
I think this is possible. I think a persons subconscious as well as conscious can create living entities since life is energy. I think some can be extremely hideous dangerous and as well as benign. A person of very evil character coupled with a lot innate energy could be more harmful than just directly.
If people actually pay attention to consider how just being around someone who has bad energies or ill intentions affects you in pernicious ways, you naturally try to stay away etc for a reason. Energies are real, peoples thoughts and intentions are real. And they can create perverted horrible things just by their own ignorance, not constructively processed pain, projection or even map cious or Immorality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal