U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 04:27 AM

78 posts, read 64,237 times

Advertisements

I recall an interesting story of a man who had died for a few minutes after an accident at a train station but he was revived and survived. Years later a friend of him was approached by a younger version of himself asking for change but he noticed something odd about his appearance and his dress. Could it be a part of his soul split off after he was revived? did he perhaps even intuit he felt different vaguely like he lost a part of himself? These are personal mysterious only they know.

Something closer to home for me. I know someone who had a triple bypass and afterwards he said he didn't feel the same. I mean he is still him but he said like some part of was gone, not any crucial aspect but something was different as if tthe physical digging around in his heart had also a spiritual affect/rearranging unbeknownst. And since I did know him before vs after I sensed it too. It just goes to show there is so much to life and things we can't see.

Last edited by cyber123; 10-11-2015 at 04:37 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 10:50 AM

9,238 posts, read 20,492,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber123 View Post

Something closer to home for me. I know someone who had a triple bypass and afterwards he said he didn't feel the same. I mean he is still him but he said like some part of was gone, not any crucial aspect but something was different as if tthe physical digging around in his heart had also a spiritual affect/rearranging unbeknownst. And since I did know him before vs after I sensed it too. It just goes to show there is so much to life and things we can't see.
There is a phenomenon with major depression arising after open-heart surgery, even in people not previously prone to depression. That feeling like "a part of one's soul is missing" would fit with a major depressive episode. Robin Williams actually talked about that in an interview once, how the surgery really affected him existentially. His suicidal depression that came later has been discussed to be linked with his surgery several years prior to this death.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:45 PM

14,957 posts, read 15,288,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
There is a phenomenon with major depression arising after open-heart surgery, even in people not previously prone to depression. That feeling like "a part of one's soul is missing" would fit with a major depressive episode. Robin Williams actually talked about that in an interview once, how the surgery really affected him existentially. His suicidal depression that came later has been discussed to be linked with his surgery several years prior to this death.
That's really interesting. Do you know if this sort of thing is associated with surgeries/traumas in other places in the body? . . .

Last edited by D217; 10-12-2015 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: nevermind

Old 10-12-2015, 03:47 PM

9,238 posts, read 20,492,238 times
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...n+post+surgery

Old 10-12-2015, 04:32 PM

14,957 posts, read 15,288,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Oh, my bad. You seemed informed on the topic. Was hoping to further the discussion rather than be sent to Google. Thanks anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal