U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 09-26-2013, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Under the Redwoods
3,751 posts, read 6,730,450 times
Reputation: 6078

Advertisements

The relative you cut ties with some time ago does not directly apply to these cards, too long ago. However, any parallels from that experience that are (if) present now, is something to reflect upon.

Good to hear that the waves are no longer crashing and just rolling gently- as they should.

I'm on my lunch break, then have sculpture class, get home and finish my homework and if its not too late, I'll do a run down of your second set of cards.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 PM
 
Location: St. Louis
10,142 posts, read 18,587,620 times
Reputation: 14810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Either way, many of the cards from both tries come up for me regularly. Any insight?
Yes, I see The Fool and The Magician pretty regularly.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 10:28 PM
 
Location: Under the Redwoods
3,751 posts, read 6,730,450 times
Reputation: 6078
Taking a break from sculpture-
Of the majors that come up for me a lot, the Empress and the Devil.
In court cards, King of Pentacles, and Queen of Wands. (Remind me later of a cutting the cards story)
The majors that come up for me is accurate and amusing.
Numerically, by birth, I am a 3, the Empress. And astrologically, a Capricorn which is the Devil.
When I see these cards in my own throws, because they are so close to me, I always take them for thier face value and externally at first. That way I don't get stuck always thinking that it is about myself. However, in the end, they usually are.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2013, 11:03 PM
 
5,128 posts, read 6,392,441 times
Reputation: 8396
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
The relative you cut ties with some time ago does not directly apply to these cards, too long ago. However, any parallels from that experience that are (if) present now, is something to reflect upon.

Good to hear that the waves are no longer crashing and just rolling gently- as they should.

I'm on my lunch break, then have sculpture class, get home and finish my homework and if its not too late, I'll do a run down of your second set of cards.
Thanks, Owl.

I was just looking at the Pentacles cards, and noticed a change over the last couple of years.

These come up most often now:

Queen of Pentacles
Ten of Pentacles
Nine of Pentacles
Six of Pentacles
Four of Pentacles
Two of Pentacles

These used to come up often, but hardly ever now:

King of Pentacles
Eight of Pentacles
Seven of Pentacles
Five of Pentacles
Three of Pentacles
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2013, 11:05 PM
 
5,128 posts, read 6,392,441 times
Reputation: 8396
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yes, I see The Fool and The Magician pretty regularly.
Hey! For a second there, I thought you were calling me a fool.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2013, 11:09 PM
 
5,128 posts, read 6,392,441 times
Reputation: 8396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
You are right that I do see my position more clearly. On the Seven of Pentacles, yes I am paying off debt faster now. BTW, I get a lot of Pentacles cards in my spreads in general. Also recently talked to a psychic who was doing Tarot while talking to me and she also mentioned getting a lot of Pentacles cards.
Oops! I meant Six of Pentacles.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2013, 11:55 AM
 
Location: St. Louis
10,142 posts, read 18,587,620 times
Reputation: 14810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Hey! For a second there, I thought you were calling me a fool.
No! A Magician.

I did another reading last night and going to run it by you all along with my interpretation and how it fits into my life. Before I start though, I will tell you all that in the last 3 months I have made a huge change in my life--moved from the city to a rural area to teach special ed at a small high school. At 54, this is my first career job and I work a lot of hours, though things should lighten up a bit pretty soon. (Hope I'm not repeating myself!) Also, in June I broke up with a man I was dating for 9 months and he was not what I thought him to be--he went from being a kindly old professor type to a major scoundrel practically overnight and it's obvious to me now that he has major and multiple personality disorders that he successfully hid for the 9 months and now I can't get rid of him. Not quite a stalker, but he's treading the thin line. The question is, what now for my life?

So the 5 card reading:

Past: Knight of cups
Present: 9 of cups rev
Underlying influence: 4 of cups rev
advice: The Sun
Final outcome: 2 pentacles rev

Well a majority of cups and those describe me pretty well--emotional and influence-able. A teacher who teaches from the heart. Had a very emotional day yesterday as a favorite student confided that he'd almost committed suicide the night before. Yes I was teary the rest of the day. Made the appropriate calls and prayed for the best.

It felt like a very positive reading due to the sun's influence. I've muddled through most of my life and often unable to see a clear path due to ADD, but I feel more lucid these days and it turns out this is a good job for me b/c there are deadlines. It's not having deadlines that hurts me.

So my interpretation is that the Knight of cups is my past relationship, though it seems in light of what he turned out to be, the rev card would have been more likely? Not sure about that but the book 78 Degrees of Wisdom made it clearer--said that the knight is an ineffective dreamer, which would describe this man pretty well. He's a Jungian analyst and very caught up in myths and archetypes, which made him more interesting to me, but he was very ineffective in his personal life--had a beautiful farm but didn't seem to know what he was doing and I had to shut my mouth up tight a lot of the time b/c I'm no farmer but it was obvious to me that he was confused and struggling despite what he said about growing up on a farm. Did things like leave expensive tools out in the rain. Claimed that being with me opened up a whole new wealth of feeling of creativity but I never saw evidence of that--realized later that borderline PDs often talk that way when they find a new "love." It seemed like in an instant the blindfold was ripped off my eyes and things I was beginning to wonder about him became clear to me and that would be the influence of the sun as well.

The 9 of cups rev was very confusing to me in its present position. It seems to be the card of overindulgence and feelings of superiority but I'm not sure what that means for my life. Truth is I'm working harder than I ever did--sometimes 12-14 hours a day. I've always been a sugarholic and may be on the borderline for diabetes and when I get stressed out I eat candy but lately I haven't binged on it in awhile--have been more moderate lately. It could be that it's pointing out that I spend too much time working and may hurt my health that way, esp as I'm not getting the full 7 hours of sleep that I need every night. Or, scariest of all, I had a very fulfilling sexual relationship with the man I broke up with and he was pretty exciting for a man in his 60's. It was obvious that he had a lot of experience and possible that he wasn't as exclusive as I thought he was. Yes, I'm concerned about HIV and haven't been tested yet. So, is the excess it's pointing to: sugar (diabetes), overwork and stress, or too much sex and now possibly an STD? Hard to say just yet. I don't feel superior to anyone except maybe the ex lover --turned out he was such a liar and has been on my mind a lot lately since he keeps showing up at my dances and that irritates me to the extreme. This might be telling me to seek more knowledge on the state of my health, esp with the sun.

Underlying influence is the 4 cups rev and that is a lot easier to read in light of my life: renewal, new friends, possibilities. I didn't ask about romance so not reading it that way but I have a lot of new things to think about these days. I also see this one as telling me not to fall into the trap of self pity b/c of being overworked or worrying that the kids aren't getting enough.

Advice: The Sun--yes I see the light. Due to this card, I see it as a very positive reading. Since I was mainly focused on my career as I did this reading, I believe that it tells me that if I stay focused I can be a very gifted teacher. I do believe I have a natural gift but of course I still have a lot to learn. The main thing is that the kids have gotten excited about several of my lessons and after just one life skills class where we discussed diet and exercise, several came back and told me they had done an exercise video that I recommended but did not assign. They went home inspired to eat more healthy and as you all know, I need help in that dept myself lol. Also, yesterday I had a breakthrough and was able to see something clearly that I had been struggling with before. In fact, I've had several bursts of insight where I could see what I needed to do to solve a problem.

Final Outcome: 2 pent rev--This one is easy too--I'm feeling overwhelmed by all the details of what I have to do and I'm not a detail oriented person but more of a big-picture type. I'm feeling like I'm spread very thin and there aren't enough hours in the day to do what I need to do--(yes I"m posting here and feeling guilty!) However, due to the influence of the sun, I believe that I will be able to navigate my way through this and come out better for it and maybe even figure out a way to stay organized.

So overall, unless I'm really mistaken I see this as a very positive reading but still confused about the 9 of cups rev. How did I do Owl? Note: answer when you have time. I think I've got it right, but I had a major fail once when I was pretty sure I had done an accurate reading. The cards were accurate but the reading was off.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2013, 12:17 PM
 
3,077 posts, read 2,340,672 times
Reputation: 5550
Of Balkan descent, I was taught to read fortunes using a poker deck. I got a deck of cards as a souvenier in Serbia about 40 yrs ago and that deck is so mystic it amazes me. Right spot on. You just have to know what the cards signify. By the way, never read cards within 48 hours of a full or new moon. Not accurate, and in some cases, bad luck.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2013, 01:34 AM
 
Location: Under the Redwoods
3,751 posts, read 6,730,450 times
Reputation: 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post

Then I did another one, not thinking about anything.

1. King of Wands (What covers you)
2. Two of Pentacles (What crosses you)
3. Wheel of Fortune (What is beneath you)
4. Three of Swords (What is behind you)
5. Ace of Cups (What crowns you)
6. The Empress (What is before you)
7. Knight of Wands (Yourself)
8. The Lovers (Around you)
9. Two of Cups (Hopes and fears)
10. Five of Cups (Outcome)

Either way, many of the cards from both tries come up for me regularly. Any insight?
Typically it is not suggested to do readings back to back, things can get 'muddy'. But usually that is when asking about the same issue. And in 'not thinking anything' readings are something like 'general' or how I present it~ 'what the Universe has to say'.

There is a little bit of 'contradiction' within this throw, however, one side might be talking about one major thing in your life now, and the flip side could be talking about a second major aspect happening at the moment. So with that, we have two main themes; joy and pain.
Joy we have Ace of Cups, Lovers and 2 of Cups
Pain we have 3 of Swords and 5 of Cups
The in-between cards speak a lot about change and growth, Wheel, Knight of Wands. The 2 of Pentacles and the and Wheel of Fortune are often about moving. The Empress and Ace of Cups can be about babies; conception or birth.
The remaining card, the King, is the one sitting in the drivers seat and has a pretty good handle on things.

Key Concept words/phrases
1. King of Wands "know thy self" - aware of who you are, trust in yourself, making decisions intuitively, go-getter who always keeps an eye on the goal.
2. Two of Pentacles creative budgeting, finance finesse, second phase/next step in a business venture, being flexible in utilizing one's skills and resources.
3. Wheel of Fortune 'turn of events' change, patterns- repeated behaviors, experiences. Cycles, fate/chance.
4. Three of Swords Sorrow, arguments, legal battle, hurtful words, inability to make a decision, not accepting the truth, getting 'cut off'.
5. Ace of Cups Dreams, new romance, new spiritual direction, experiencing happiness and love.
6. The Empress The ultimate mother; kind compassionate, loving, understanding, non-judgmental; but fair in discipline, nurturing.
7. Knight of Wands* Spiritual growth, creative energy, taking on a new passion/venture/passion
8. The Lovers 'opposites attract', partnership, union, choice, commitment- (lovers card is not always about a romantic relationship; could tie into the new business adventure or spiritual path)
9. Two of Cups love energy, emotional/spiritual union, mixing of opposing energies/magnetism, having options
10. Five of Cups heart break, sorrow, betrayed, harmony out of balance, fear and grief. (grief in some form or fashion is a given for any of the #5 cards; Pents is monetary grief, swords is mental grief and wands is spiritual/energetic grief)

*Knight of Wands brings together many of the cards on the side of spirituality, and physical/money situations and all the 'creative energy' of 'birth' and 'love'.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2013, 02:20 AM
 
Location: Under the Redwoods
3,751 posts, read 6,730,450 times
Reputation: 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I did another reading last night and going to run it by you all along with my interpretation and how it fits into my life. The question is, what now for my life?
Before I start though, I will tell you all that in the last 3 months I have made a huge change in my life--moved from the city to a rural area to teach special ed at a small high school. At 54, this is my first career job and I work a lot of hours, though things should lighten up a bit pretty soon. (Hope I'm not repeating myself!) Also, in June I broke up with a man I was dating for 9 months and he was not what I thought him to be--he went from being a kindly old professor type to a major scoundrel practically overnight and it's obvious to me now that he has major and multiple personality disorders that he successfully hid for the 9 months and now I can't get rid of him. Not quite a stalker, but he's treading the thin line.

So the 5 card reading:

Past: Knight of cups
Present: 9 of cups rev
Underlying influence: 4 of cups rev
advice: The Sun
Final outcome: 2 pentacles rev
Knight of Cups and the Sun are wonderful cards for new and joyful experiences, it's having a vision and going for it with intense energy.
9 of Cups reversed is the discovery of mistakes, simplicity, and letting go of 'the mask' one wears.
The 4 of Cups reversed is a teeter-totter of meanings from new experiences to uncomfortable impressions. It is a card of anxiety and restlessness, but also of psychic connections.
2 of Pentacles- I do recall you saying something about work and lots of paperwork that is intimidating to you- this card points to that. It is too much information "does not compute" state of being. But also can be about promotion.

Quote:
Well a majority of cups and those describe me pretty well--emotional and influence-able. A teacher who teaches from the heart. Had a very emotional day yesterday as a favorite student confided that he'd almost committed suicide the night before. Yes I was teary the rest of the day. Made the appropriate calls and prayed for the best.
In the present, 9 of Cups is also touching on this emotional experience. 9's are about nearing an end (of life, suicide is usually based on emotions, and your emotional reaction to it.

Quote:
It felt like a very positive reading due to the sun's influence. I've muddled through most of my life and often unable to see a clear path due to ADD, but I feel more lucid these days and it turns out this is a good job for me b/c there are deadlines. It's not having deadlines that hurts me.
Look to the 2 of Pents for that 'deadline' aspect as well.

Quote:
So my interpretation is that the Knight of cups is my past relationship, though it seems in light of what he turned out to be, the rev card would have been more likely? Not sure about that but the book 78 Degrees of Wisdom made it clearer--said that the knight is an ineffective dreamer, which would describe this man pretty well. He's a Jungian analyst and very caught up in myths and archetypes, which made him more interesting to me, but he was very ineffective in his personal life--had a beautiful farm but didn't seem to know what he was doing and I had to shut my mouth up tight a lot of the time b/c I'm no farmer but it was obvious to me that he was confused and struggling despite what he said about growing up on a farm. Did things like leave expensive tools out in the rain. Claimed that being with me opened up a whole new wealth of feeling of creativity but I never saw evidence of that--realized later that borderline PDs often talk that way when they find a new "love." It seemed like in an instant the blindfold was ripped off my eyes and things I was beginning to wonder about him became clear to me and that would be the influence of the sun as well.
I can so see this.

Quote:
The 9 of cups rev was very confusing to me in its present position. It seems to be the card of overindulgence and feelings of superiority but I'm not sure what that means for my life. Truth is I'm working harder than I ever did--sometimes 12-14 hours a day. I've always been a sugarholic and may be on the borderline for diabetes and when I get stressed out I eat candy but lately I haven't binged on it in awhile--have been more moderate lately. It could be that it's pointing out that I spend too much time working and may hurt my health that way, esp as I'm not getting the full 7 hours of sleep that I need every night. Or, scariest of all, I had a very fulfilling sexual relationship with the man I broke up with and he was pretty exciting for a man in his 60's. It was obvious that he had a lot of experience and possible that he wasn't as exclusive as I thought he was. Yes, I'm concerned about HIV and haven't been tested yet. So, is the excess it's pointing to: sugar (diabetes), overwork and stress, or too much sex and now possibly an STD? Hard to say just yet. I don't feel superior to anyone except maybe the ex lover --turned out he was such a liar and has been on my mind a lot lately since he keeps showing up at my dances and that irritates me to the extreme. This might be telling me to seek more knowledge on the state of my health, esp with the sun.
I think this one did confuse you. As mentioned above, 9's are about things that are near the end. The 8 of Cups would be the 'indulgence' aspect you are thinking of, and issues with health are either wands or pentacles- wands is usually those 'unseen' health issues like disease and pentacles are body health issues like broken bones. This card is in the present placement and is actually a pretty positive card in the reversed position. It is akin to the Sun for it is the wool UNpulled over the eyes, it's a 'once was blind, but now I see' card.
And I see a connection with the 9 here and that 9 months thing and the undisclosed disorders with that one from the previously mentioned relationship. (not sure if this one and the one mentioned at the top are the same man)

Quote:
Underlying influence is the 4 cups rev and that is a lot easier to read in light of my life: renewal, new friends, possibilities. I didn't ask about romance so not reading it that way but I have a lot of new things to think about these days. I also see this one as telling me not to fall into the trap of self pity b/c of being overworked or worrying that the kids aren't getting enough.
You got the teeter-totter with this one. The good side and the warnings for the bad side.

Quote:
Advice: The Sun--yes I see the light. Due to this card, I see it as a very positive reading. Since I was mainly focused on my career as I did this reading, I believe that it tells me that if I stay focused I can be a very gifted teacher. I do believe I have a natural gift but of course I still have a lot to learn. The main thing is that the kids have gotten excited about several of my lessons and after just one life skills class where we discussed diet and exercise, several came back and told me they had done an exercise video that I recommended but did not assign. They went home inspired to eat more healthy and as you all know, I need help in that dept myself lol. Also, yesterday I had a breakthrough and was able to see something clearly that I had been struggling with before. In fact, I've had several bursts of insight where I could see what I needed to do to solve a problem.
Indeed, stay on the sunny side of life.

Quote:
Final Outcome: 2 pent rev--This one is easy too--I'm feeling overwhelmed by all the details of what I have to do and I'm not a detail oriented person but more of a big-picture type. I'm feeling like I'm spread very thin and there aren't enough hours in the day to do what I need to do--(yes I"m posting here and feeling guilty!) However, due to the influence of the sun, I believe that I will be able to navigate my way through this and come out better for it and maybe even figure out a way to stay organized.
Yes- and the words of advice from this card is getting creative with your use of resources and skills, this is a juggler and an acrobat (metaphorically). This is you being able to work around these challenges in a playful and productive manner. A key word from my previous post (she got the 2 of pents as well) Flexibility! work that into your way of doing things.
I can see this card as you finding your groove and then everyone else who sees what you are doing is amazed because you make something that is hard look easy.

Quote:
So overall, unless I'm really mistaken I see this as a very positive reading but still confused about the 9 of cups rev. How did I do Owl? Note: answer when you have time. I think I've got it right, but I had a major fail once when I was pretty sure I had done an accurate reading. The cards were accurate but the reading was off.
You did very well, and got the main over all energy and message of the reading. Except for the confusion with the 9 of Cups, there is nothing you said that I would say, 'Um...I don't think so'...just had to add things from other directions. And it is a wonderful reading. It expressed both the good and the connected challenges.
It gave you the insight that keeps you on track.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top