U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Status: "Wishing all the best of health!" (set 19 days ago)

36,043 posts, read 36,307,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
I started to learn tarot from my grandmother at the ripe old age of 6. I rarely do it for myself these days as I can't remain objective about what the cards are saying. I have a fantastic reader who has a very different style, but is scary accurate.

Anyone on here do tarot? If so, what are some of your favorite decks? Care to share about any tarot experiences or thoughts on it as a whole?
A former co-worker of mine used read tarot cards. She did a reading for me without knowing much about my background and was able to come up with many good pointers about my past. But she wasn't really able to indicate much about the future.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 01:28 AM

5,128 posts, read 6,401,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Typically it is not suggested to do readings back to back, things can get 'muddy'. But usually that is when asking about the same issue. And in 'not thinking anything' readings are something like 'general' or how I present it~ 'what the Universe has to say'.

There is a little bit of 'contradiction' within this throw, however, one side might be talking about one major thing in your life now, and the flip side could be talking about a second major aspect happening at the moment. So with that, we have two main themes; joy and pain.

Joy we have Ace of Cups, Lovers and 2 of Cups
Pain we have 3 of Swords and 5 of Cups
The in-between cards speak a lot about change and growth, Wheel, Knight of Wands. The 2 of Pentacles and the and Wheel of Fortune are often about moving. The Empress and Ace of Cups can be about babies; conception or birth.
The remaining card, the King, is the one sitting in the drivers seat and has a pretty good handle on things.

Key Concept words/phrases
1. King of Wands "know thy self" - aware of who you are, trust in yourself, making decisions intuitively, go-getter who always keeps an eye on the goal.
2. Two of Pentacles creative budgeting, finance finesse, second phase/next step in a business venture, being flexible in utilizing one's skills and resources.
3. Wheel of Fortune 'turn of events' change, patterns- repeated behaviors, experiences. Cycles, fate/chance.
4. Three of Swords Sorrow, arguments, legal battle, hurtful words, inability to make a decision, not accepting the truth, getting 'cut off'.
5. Ace of Cups Dreams, new romance, new spiritual direction, experiencing happiness and love.
6. The Empress The ultimate mother; kind compassionate, loving, understanding, non-judgmental; but fair in discipline, nurturing.
7. Knight of Wands* Spiritual growth, creative energy, taking on a new passion/venture/passion
8. The Lovers 'opposites attract', partnership, union, choice, commitment- (lovers card is not always about a romantic relationship; could tie into the new business adventure or spiritual path)
9. Two of Cups love energy, emotional/spiritual union, mixing of opposing energies/magnetism, having options
10. Five of Cups heart break, sorrow, betrayed, harmony out of balance, fear and grief. (grief in some form or fashion is a given for any of the #5 cards; Pents is monetary grief, swords is mental grief and wands is spiritual/energetic grief)

*Knight of Wands brings together many of the cards on the side of spirituality, and physical/money situations and all the 'creative energy' of 'birth' and 'love'.
Yeah, I agree about things getting "muddy" if you do another spread back-to back.

I used to get the Three of Swords all the time. Now, I seldom do, so it's interesting that it was in the "what is behind you" position. I think I know what it was all about in the past, but I made a personal decision recently that would negate the Three of Swords and the issues it represented.

As far as moving, yes, we are looking to move to a different house.

Wow, I don't like that Five of Cups at all!!!

Old 10-04-2013, 03:17 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,739,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
A former co-worker of mine used read tarot cards. She did a reading for me without knowing much about my background and was able to come up with many good pointers about my past. But she wasn't really able to indicate much about the future.
Somewhere back in time, tarot got the character of fortune telling.
'You will meet a tall dark and handsome man in the near future'.
How that happend I can only guess. Likely with the gypsies.
However, tarot is not really a predictive tool. Predictions through tarot come from the one who reads the cards and has a developed sense of intuition.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:41 AM

112 posts, read 160,975 times
Fun to play with" but do I believe it reveals anything about what is ahead,just place it in the "crystal ball' category for accuracy, which means "no", never have shown me anthing outstanding. But believe if one wishes to.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chaser View Post
Fun to play with" but do I believe it reveals anything about what is ahead,just place it in the "crystal ball' category for accuracy, which means "no", never have shown me anthing outstanding. But believe if one wishes to.
Have you done readings for yourself (or use a crystal ball?) or have you had someone do reading for you?
Much of what comes from the cards is from the reader in the sense that a reader who has been at it off and on for two years is going to be limited in what they get from the cards compared to someone who has been reading consistantly for 5 years. (Same with a crystal ball)
In my 22 years of reading, I have moments when I am totally amazed by the specifics and accuracy of a reading.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:13 PM

10,144 posts, read 18,608,865 times
Quote:
Yes- and the words of advice from this card is getting creative with your use of resources and skills, this is a juggler and an acrobat (metaphorically). This is you being able to work around these challenges in a playful and productive manner. A key word from my previous post (she got the 2 of pents as well) Flexibility! work that into your way of doing things.
I can see this card as you finding your groove and then everyone else who sees what you are doing is amazed because you make something that is hard look easy.
Wow, this was such a help Owl! Yes, this is exactly what I've been feeling on my good days. Other days I'm not so sure but when I remember to stay positive (easier these days) and even playful, then I do find my groove and I find that the paperwork isn't as bad as I thought it would be and in a sick way I kind of enjoy it lol. I do have that anxious little feeling at times that something is going undone that I didn't know about but I have someone on my side who is letting me know if I've missed something. I keep reminding myself that they don't expect you to be perfect when you're new to a job. Oh yeah, and flexibility is my middle name.

Your take on the 9 was extremely helpful. Yes, something very sick did come to light and glad I found out when I did. Since he keeps reappearing into my life it becomes more obvious every time how sick he really is. But he is out and I'm moving on in a very positive frame of mind.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:40 AM

8,406 posts, read 11,825,258 times
So,whose doing the readings on this thread

Old 10-07-2013, 10:02 AM

Members are pulling thier own cards and I am just providing added insight.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:32 PM

10,144 posts, read 18,608,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So,whose doing the readings on this thread
I did my own and Owl confirmed and clarified my thoughts.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:42 AM

9,011 posts, read 8,946,707 times
Quote:
Somewhere back in time, tarot got the character of fortune telling.
'You will meet a tall dark and handsome man in the near future'.
How that happend I can only guess. Likely with the gypsies.
However, tarot is not really a predictive tool. Predictions through tarot come from the one who reads the cards and has a developed sense of intuition.
Idk how I came upon this thread, but it's intriguing....
I have met psychics who see me as a tarot card reader, but I've actually never done that, lol
I do, however have some powerful intuition....
I wonder if it means anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal