U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 03:34 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,494,306 times

Advertisements

I started to learn tarot from my grandmother at the ripe old age of 6. I rarely do it for myself these days as I can't remain objective about what the cards are saying. I have a fantastic reader who has a very different style, but is scary accurate.

Anyone on here do tarot? If so, what are some of your favorite decks? Care to share about any tarot experiences or thoughts on it as a whole?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 04:45 PM

13,605 posts, read 11,352,574 times
I like the Cosmic Tarot deck. The art is beautiful and I tend to give amazingly accurate readings on that one. (Sometimes that's not a good thing)

I had a pretty one with dragons at one point, but I gave it away. I could just never get a feel for that deck. It was beautiful though.

I have problems with wands. All of the other cards I'm good at, but wands tend to confound me. Any tips?

Last edited by NLVgal; 10-23-2012 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: Punctuation is important.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:55 PM

659 posts, read 893,923 times
I use the Sacred Rose Deck.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:29 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,789,163 times
I've been reading tarot for over 22 years and have more than twice than many decks. I'm a bit of a collector of decks, having several that are out of print and self published versions.
I do not have a favorite deck really, there are about a dozen that I tend to use more than most of the others-
Fey, Waking the Wild Spirit, Revelations, Voyager, Cat People, Ancestrial Path, Legends....just to name a few.

NLVgal- wands tip; do you know if your deck associates wands with the element of fire or is it air?
Traditionally Wands is a fire suit and fire is associated with passion and creation; anything that comes under that like inspiration, thoughts put into action, taking an idea and making it a reality. Wands is the 'life spark' its what makes us go and do, as mentioned, inspiration, motivation. It can also be intuitive, like a gut feeling, trusting in yourself as divine.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:17 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,831,452 times
I use the Rider-Waite, and have just recently dusted my deck off after storing it away in my china cabinet for like a decade, so am pretty rusty. They have always been pretty right on for me, as long as I remember the words from the Bob Seger song ... " ...the cards will never do ya wrong, the trick they say is never play the game too long..."

Old 10-27-2012, 06:00 AM

2 posts, read 2,137 times
Hiya, I love Tarot but can't say I am any good at it. I have many decks and always come across others that I "have to have" like crystals but I don't know why as I don't think that I am experienced in reading. I have done readings for friends who told me they were accurate but I would never make a living out of it because I always doubt or second guess myself. There are so many amazing and beautiful decks out there!

Old 10-27-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post

NLVgal- wands tip; do you know if your deck associates wands with the element of fire or is it air?
Traditionally Wands is a fire suit and fire is associated with passion and creation; anything that comes under that like inspiration, thoughts put into action, taking an idea and making it a reality. Wands is the 'life spark' its what makes us go and do, as mentioned, inspiration, motivation. It can also be intuitive, like a gut feeling, trusting in yourself as divine.
In the Cosmic Tarot deck, wands represent air. I get confused though, because there are traditional travel and marriage cards in that suit.

Give me cups or swords and I'm on it, but the wands get me. Maybe because I'm a fire sign.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:03 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,330,407 times
I don't do Tarot cards. But I know a couple of people who did. My friend does some of that.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:56 AM

25,982 posts, read 28,420,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I like the Cosmic Tarot deck. The art is beautiful and I tend to give amazingly accurate readings on that one. (Sometimes that's not a good thing)

I had a pretty one with dragons at one point, but I gave it away. I could just never get a feel for that deck. It was beautiful though.

I have problems with wands. All of the other cards I'm good at, but wands tend to confound me. Any tips?

Ever try it long distance? Do a reading on me and you can post it.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Ever try it long distance? Do a reading on me and you can post it.
I have, but it's been many years and the readings were not as accurate as those using my normal procedure. When I read for someone, I ask the person to think of a question and then shuffle the deck until it "feels" like it doesn't want to be shuffled anymore. Then I have them draw ten cards of their own choosing.

This appalls some tarot readers I know as they do not allow anyone else to touch their deck, but it's worked for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal