Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 01:45 PM

240 posts, read 437,292 times

Advertisements

please join me this weekend and go tell 10 people that you meet that"jesus loves them",and see what responses you get.i start my day at the hospital where i work by telling my patients jesus loves them and most of the time they will say"no he does'nt and it opens up a opportunity for me to witness.:d

Old 08-01-2009, 11:21 AM

Default Hey we may know each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebanonmom View Post
Yes, Bro. Terrell is a great man of God. I use to travel his tent revivals and help usher. Awesome time in my life! 3 great services every day, except the days we went from one city to the next! The denimonational world today would be a lot better off if they did believe in prophesy TODAY! The church world as a whole is a mess, No more do they preach repentance, no more do they have morality and holiness!

I used to usher for Bro. Terrell for years on the east coast is'nt that funny,we may have been in alot of revivals together I have went out west with him some

Old 08-01-2009, 11:40 AM

Default Michael Jackson

Last night I ran across some young people talking about the death of Michael Jackson.I saw how his music impacted their lives and I saw how they looked upon him as a IDOL.Hmmm,I asked myself why do people not respond this way to Jesus,after all he did die for everyone of our sins.I joined their conversation and asked them what did Michael do for them that has brought a change in their lives,noone could respond just liked him because of the singing and the dancing.I KNOW THAT mICHAEL jACKSON helped alot of sick children and he always gave to charities and that is wonderful that he had a heart to show love,but I asked them what did he do for their soul (NO RESPONSE).i BEGIN TO TELL THEM about King name Jesus and all he has done for them and how he loves them and shows it everyday by allowing them to see another blessed day.fro about 30 minutes Jesus had these young people attention he was the show and it did not cost them a thing SALVATION IS FREE.It is truely a sad situation concerning Michael Jackson death and before I got saved I used to listen to his music,I have always prayed for him and hoped that one day the True Word of God was preached to him.My heart goes out to his children,siblingsand especially his mother.He did not have a normal childhood,forced as a child to sing in clubs contest,concerts etc.,just for money or get beat.I pray that before he went to sleep he talked to my Lord and made everything alright.I don't want anyone to go to hell no matter who they are or what they are or what they may have done

Old 09-05-2009, 01:32 AM

2 posts, read 9,783 times
i WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY TO THE LADY WHO SAID THE BERGMAN CHURCH HAS WENT THE WAY OF THE WORLD. FOR A TIME THE PASTORS THAT TOOK OVER DID BUT I AM HAPPY TO REPORT THAT THERE ARE SOME OF US AT BERGMAN/HARRISON ARKANSAS WHO STILL STAND WITH THE PROPHET AND THE PASTOR THAT HAS THE CHURCH NOW IS STANDING WITH BRO TERRELL AS WELL. THANKS AND HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

Old 09-06-2009, 12:25 AM

3 posts, read 32,628 times
Personal Testimony of An Ex-Follower of David Terrell

We are told in the scriptures to “believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” (1 John 4:1). This is a testimony of my experiences with David Terrell and his ministry. Supporters of this man are urged to read my entire testimony and examine it according to the scriptures in the Holy Bible before rejecting it or condemning me as a heretic. The scriptures tell us that “it is folly and shame unto him” “that answereth a matter before he heareth it” (Prov. 18:13).

My family followed David Terrell for many years. As far back as the 1960's some of my best friends were close acquaintances of David Terrell. I was personally introduced to David Terrell in the 1970's and traveled across the country to fellowship with him for many years. My family and I continued to follow him for a long time – nearly 40 years – but as we witnessed one failed prophecy after another, not just minor ones but many major ones, and as we witnessed his teachings becoming more and more inconsistent with the Bible, we could no longer follow his unscriptural teachings.

My experience with David Terrell was typical of what many of my family and friends experienced with “the man of God”. I had gone through many difficult times in my life, and had felt betrayed by some of the closest people around me. I had felt, at times, that even God had let me down. I was raised as a Christian by many peoples' standards. But I soon turned to the world after going through so many hardships and let-downs. This is when I was told by friends that I needed to go see “the preacher” who was supposed to be different from all the rest. I was reassured by friends that the Lord “visited” him and gave him the “revelation” of Jesus Christ. I soon had an opportunity to attend one of his tent revivals. I went and was persuaded to go through his “prayer line” (James 5:14), where the atmosphere was quite emotional. I remember that an emotional feeling came over me that caused me to feel that this must be of God (Prov. 16:25; 28:26). I felt “love”. I felt like I was on “cloud nine”.

Only a few weeks prior to my first experience at Terrell's tent revival, I had repented of my sins and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and started reading the Holy Bible every day. When I repented and forsook my sins and placed my total trust in the finished sacrifice of Jesus Christ's death on the cross for my sins, the Lord saved me by grace through faith, not by works of righteousness which I have done, but according to his mercy he saved me, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost (Eph. 2:8,9; Titus 3:5). Certain family and friends, however, told me that I needed more to “be saved”, that I needed a “personal experience” with God, and that I really needed to go see this “true prophet.” So off I went. Although I had only a limited knowledge of the scriptures, and some of the things that I witnessed under the tent that night seamed to agree with what I was reading in the Bible, other things that I witnessed under the tent that night absolutely did not agree with what I was reading in the Bible. Nevertheless, being reassured by close friends and family, who were there with me that night, that this was God's work, I thought, “OK, surely something that feels this good must be of God.“ (2 Cor. 11:14,15; Jer. 17:9; Prov. 16:25; 28:26)

As I continued to follow the Lord and read the Bible daily, God increased my knowledge of the scriptures and showed me that the New Testament is the completed revelation of Jesus Christ. And as I continued to follow David Terrell, I began to see more and more of the things that he was teaching being contradictory to the Bible. He began to teach that God had more words to reveal to his people than what was recorded in the Bible. He began to teach that the Bible had numerous mistakes in it. His repeated claims of visitations and revelations gave both he and his followers an exalted view of himself, and he began to lord over God’s heritage. He demanded more and more obedience and honor and fear from his followers. He would make dozens, sometimes hundreds, of prophecies a week - most of which would fail to come to pass. (Deut. 18:21,22; Prov. 30:5,6; I Cor. 14:37; Heb. 1:1,2; I John 2:26,27; Rev. 22:18,19)

The more I read the scriptures, the more I began to cry out to God. For something was seriously amiss. I prayed, “Lord, something is terribly wrong with either the Bible or the prophet.” As I continued to faithfully read my Bible and to grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, the Lord opened my understanding that I might understand the scriptures. I seen more and more scriptures testifying to the preservation of God's words, where God himself promised to preserve every one of his pure words (Psa. 12:6,7; Prov. 30:5,6). I began to see more and more contradictions, not in the Bible, but in “the prophet”. I had to humble my heart and come to the sobering realization that the emotional feelings that I had experienced under the tent that night were no different than the emotional feelings experienced by the Muslim or Hare Krishna convert. The Lord's love and mercy is not just about emotions and good feelings, it is about understanding and reasoning, as the Lord said, “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD” (Isaiah 1:18). I had to humble my heart and admit that I was just as vulnerable as anyone else when it comes to being deceived.

My only reason for writing these comments is to warn people to know the scriptures and to beware and take heed that no man deceive you, because as our Lord said, “For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.... For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."(Matt. 24:5,24)

When Jesus said, “It is written,” “it is written,” and “It is written again,”(Matt. 4:4,6,7), these are the words that Jesus said shall not pass away. “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.” (Matt. 24:35). It is the written word that will judge every person who rejects it or who places man's word above it. God's “engrafted word” (engrafted means written) (James 1:21), “the same shall judge him in the last day.” (John 12:48).

When Terrell says that you owe him “fear to whom fear is due” because his mouth is the “mouthpiece of God”, Terrell is putting his own words equal to or above the scriptures. Terrell does not believe that God's words are pure and that God preserved them forever, so he teaches people that they must put their trust in his own words, Terrell's words, in order to “know God's will”. But be assured and forewarned that Jesus' spoken words, the scriptures written in the Holy Bible, will judge Terrell and all who place it second to any man's word - “the same shall judge him in the last day.” (John 12:48).

The scriptures plainly show that “when a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass,” that he is not entitled to honor and we are not to fear that prophet any longer - “that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken... thou shalt not be afraid of him.” (Deut. 18:21,22)
Terrell prophesied back in the 1970's that Richard Nixon would commit suicide over the Watergate scandal. It didn't come to pass.

Terrell prophesied right after Pope John Paul I died in 1978 that Pope John Paul II would die in less than a year from taking office. It didn't come to pass.

Terrell prophesied back in 1990 after Iraqi troops invaded Kuwait that the United States of America would not be involved in a war with Iraq in 1991. This prophecy also failed to come to pass, as Operation Desert Storm began on 16 January 1991.
For anyone calling himself a prophet today to make even one false prophecy is absolutely un-scriptural. There is not a single example in the entire New Testament of a prophet or apostle making a prophecy that failed to come to pass. Terrell and his followers can take one or two New Testament scriptures out of context and twist them to fit their own beliefs, but they are only deceiving themselves and those who accept their private interpretations. Many more of Terrell's prophecies, too numerous to list, have failed. “THOU SHALT NOT BE AFRAID OF HIM.”(Deut. 18:21,22)

The following information should be helpful to anyone seeking to know the truth about David Terrell:
7203 - Bank Records &* Net Worth Increases 4 p4
Scroll down just a little ways after clicking the above link and you'll see where Bro. David H. Terrell a/k/a Daniel H. Ford was Convicted of tax fraud! Bro. Barron who was pastor of Bro. Terrell's Bangs church committed perjury at Terrell's urging and was also Convicted!

Many God fearing men and women tried to warn people that Terrell was leading them down a slippery slope, but Terrell and those benefiting from his ministry blacklisted anyone who dared to speak out against him. Many people, including Bro. Barron, Bro. Hamby, and others who were intimately involved with Terrell and his ministry can corroborate these and other disturbing facts.

I pray that you will not take offense at anything I said today, and that you will humble your heart, as I did, and allow God to deliver you from “every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive” (Eph. 4:14); and repent and place your total faith and confidence in God's revealed written word in the Holy Bible and in the finished sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross.

Most sincerely, in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and only Saviour!

PS
The Old Testament offices of priests and prophets were forever changed at Calvary when Jesus Christ said, “It is finished”
(John 19:30). No longer would the priests offer sacrifices for the sins of the people. No longer would the prophets stand in the gap for God's people. No longer would God lead his people by the hands of the prophets or speak to his people as in time past. The apostle Paul said, “God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son”(Heb. 1:1,2). The apostle John said, “These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you:”(I John 2:26,27). Jesus said, “It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God.”(John 6:45). “And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.”(Heb. 8:11). Jesus said that when “the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:” (John 16:13). All believers are now “kings and priests unto God”(Rev. 1:6). This is the New Testament priesthood of all believers. The apostle Peter said that “ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood”(I Peter 2:9). In 1928 Evangelist Donald Gee said, “A careful study of the New Testament will reveal that the Early Church NEVER placed utterances through their prophets on a level with the Scriptures. Note carefully the distinctive phrase used in 2 Peter 1:21 to describe the latter—‘prophecy of the Scripture.’ See again the decision of Acts 15:28, where the difficulty was NOT solved by reference to the accredited prophets present (Barnabas, Judas, Silas, etc.), but by reference to the Old Testament Scriptures.” Going to a New Testament prophet for “a word from the Lord” is no different than going to the Pope. The scriptures were written for our comfort. The scriptures were also written for our learning and our admonition, for us to take heed and beware of false teachers who claim to speak for God, “prophets of the deceit of their own heart;” (Jer. 23:26), false prophets who claim to stand in the gap for God's people and lead them by their “visions” and “revelations” from “heaven”(see also Galatians 1:8; II Corinthians 11:4,13-15).

Last edited by JustMe007; 09-06-2009 at 12:35 AM..

Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 PM

Default Guess what

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I have a question I have been wanting to ask. Has anyone heard of Brother David Terrell?

Back in the 70's, a close friend of mine became an ardent follower of Bro. David Terrell. She even moved from CA because he was saying that CA would fall into the ocean.

Out of curiousity, I googled his name and see he is now Prophet David Terrell. I am not trying to malign his ministry or his calling. I would just like to hear other people's view of him.

I went to Prophet David Terrell tent meeting this weekend and it was great.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:24 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
please join me this weekend and go tell 10 people that you meet that"jesus loves them",and see what responses you get.i start my day at the hospital where i work by telling my patients jesus loves them and most of the time they will say"no he does'nt and it opens up a opportunity for me to witness.:d
I hope you work at a Christian Hospital...or at least know the patients are Christian. I would take no offense if I was in another religious country and they told me that their god loved me and would consider it a beautiful gesture but religion and sick people is something that would require extreme care and caution.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,866 times
terrell used to be of god but he living in sin and he left his wife sis bonnie for a young women and he paid a heavy price many had left him some of his family has to. he prospheied many thing flase and it did not come to pass. david terrell is baise aganist black preacher. he let them sing and work and give but not preach he think a white men is the only one that has the power of god. do many of his top man eye has open like bor. hamby wille ford g grant ,g brownlee ,mother jackson and other thank god . terrell come to you church and take all money leave church nothing he use fear to rasie money. He dont what to hear a black preacher preach, he just come to you church and take all of the money. terrell what paid his men noting for putting up the tent. pastor paid to have his put tent put up he take all money raise .i dont endoes him black follow him he dont care about them but money he own all that land tell people move to country that sound like jm jones he said a south ga pastor was going to died that was 15 year ago he alive he 80yr i have beem around him 30 yr i see flase in him any ? email at [EMAIL="cedricad@hotmail.com"]cedricad@hotmail.com[/EMAIL] , bible days miacle revival 514 old omega rd tifton ga 31794

Old 10-04-2009, 10:38 PM

2 posts, read 9,783 times
The bible says touch not my annoiting and do my prophets no harm. You have a right to believe in what you want. As far as bro terrell's prophecies not coming to pass...some of isaiah's and the other prophets in the bible have not come to pass yet but they will. I will not be repying anymore because i am going to go pray and ask the lord to have mercy on your souls in your ignorance. I was in the little rock meeting in 1984 at the age of 17 when he prophesied the world trade centers would fall. I will not be replying anymore not because of your comments but because i do not have time to argue with flesh. We are in the end and jesus is coming back soon and i have a lot of lost loved ones as i am sure that you do to that we should be praying for instead of blasting other christians. Yes, bro terrell has made mistakes but jesus said he that is without sin cast the first stone so if any of you are perfect start casting your stone.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:11 AM

3 posts, read 16,155 times
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDTIMEBLVR View Post
The bible says touch not my annoiting and do my prophets no harm. You have a right to believe in what you want. As far as bro terrell's prophecies not coming to pass...some of isaiah's and the other prophets in the bible have not come to pass yet but they will. I will not be repying anymore because i am going to go pray and ask the lord to have mercy on your souls in your ignorance. I was in the little rock meeting in 1984 at the age of 17 when he prophesied the world trade centers would fall. I will not be replying anymore not because of your comments but because i do not have time to argue with flesh. We are in the end and jesus is coming back soon and i have a lot of lost loved ones as i am sure that you do to that we should be praying for instead of blasting other christians. Yes, bro terrell has made mistakes but jesus said he that is without sin cast the first stone so if any of you are perfect start casting your stone.
I had agreed to this point in an earlier post. Just because it hasn't happened yet does not mean he is a false prophet. Too many prophesies he HAS prophesied has come to pass. I'm seeing people in here reading one scripture and basing everything on it. That is like reading a sentence in a novel then being able to understand the whole novel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal