Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 02:20 AM

3 posts, read 16,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Well said Noland. I googled in the name David Terrell and I found one of his sermons on a 'vision' he said God has give him. I found many things in it that didn't line up with the Bible but this one is the most 'glaring.'

This is taken from his sermon:

The wise men did not come to a 'stable.' Nor did they come to the manger to see the 'babe.' They came later to the 'house' and saw Jesus as a child.

Matthew 2: 8 And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.

9 ¶ When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.

10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

So if the Word says the wise men saw a young child, not a babe in a manger God would not have given David Terrell the words, "My people need to get back to the manger?" Or, "They need to go from the manger to the gospel."

God always use His Word to confirms things. These truths are written in the Bible so we can know for certain what happened back then and what, and whom to believe. Be careful people. Check everyone out according to what the Bible says...

The first thing Jesus said when His disciples asked, "when will these things be..... He answered them, "let no man decieve you."
Luke 2:7 says they wrapped him in swaddling clothes and put him in a manger cause there was no room for them at the inn. That was not an EXACT quote cause i need my glasses but its what it says.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:24 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDTIMEBLVR View Post
The bible says touch not my annoiting and do my prophets no harm. You have a right to believe in what you want. As far as bro terrell's prophecies not coming to pass...some of isaiah's and the other prophets in the bible have not come to pass yet but they will. I will not be repying anymore because i am going to go pray and ask the lord to have mercy on your souls in your ignorance.
hahahahaha

Terrell prophesied back in the 1970's that Richard Nixon would commit suicide over the Watergate scandal. It didn't come to pass.

Terrell prophesied right after Pope John Paul I died in 1978 that Pope John Paul II would die in less than a year from taking office. It didn't come to pass.

Many of Terrell's prophecies, too numerous to list, have failed.

The bible says to kill the false prophet, not "do him no harm". hahahaha

Seems like a funny old dude though. And a dynamic speaker. I guess we should refrain from stoning him?

Okay - enough fun for one night. I'm going to bed.

Love to you all - even to "Brother Terrell"

Old 01-19-2010, 07:52 AM

63 posts, read 105,251 times
well sister hazel CALIFORNIA is falling into the ocean. Watch the news! Mudslides!!!

Old 03-07-2010, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,108 times
I know Bro. Terrell. I been going to his meetings since i was a baby. He is true man of God. He teaches against T.V prophets, and false prophets. Read of him and attend his meeting and you will see that you have missed out in many ways.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:51 PM

2 posts, read 4,064 times
Default No Prophets ? ?

I would be afraid to say that there were no more prophets even though there be many false prophets. There have always been many false prophets. In the book of Kings it was Elijah against 850 false prophets so the false prophets outnumber the true ones for sure but with GOD numbers do not matter as for there being no prophets in this age we are now living in it reminds me of what Ephesians 4:11 " And he gave some, Apostles;and some,prophets;and some, evangelists;and some,pastors and teachers; "
And I believe that this is talking about the Church right now also because in Ephesians 4:12 it says this --> " For the perfecting of the saints,for the work of the ministry,for the edifying of the body of Christ: "
And on top of that or underneath it which ever one you want to choose it tells us in the book of Acts that this will happen in the last days and stay tuned because this is what Apostle Peter said would happen in the last days verbatim KJV --> Acts 2:17 " And it shall come to pass in the last days,saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:and your sons and daughters shall prophesy,and your young men shall see visions,and your old men shall dream dreams: " verse 18 now--> " and on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour pout in those days of my Spirit;and they shall prophesy: "
There are also many other scriptures that tell us about Prophets in the endtime. Both True Prophets and also many False ones. So since the LORD JESUS CHRIST defends and protects HIS true Prophets I would be very careful what I said about this guy or that guy because if you are wrong the consequences could be horrific. Remember now that the Captains and the Chief Priests who were supposedly versed and rehearsed in the Word Of GOD Told GOD in the flesh that He was a Blasphemer and a liar and we all know that it was JESUS CHRIST that was GOD in the FLESH. Then they Had thr LORD of GLORY crucified.
Have a JESUS folks and good day. Sincerely,Nathan Scott Redman

Old 05-20-2010, 10:45 PM

83 posts, read 327,566 times
Default Prophets

Well said Nathan!!

Old 05-21-2010, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,064 times
Thank you very much and have a JESUS day !

Old 07-19-2010, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,971 times
I know that Br. David Terrell is " NO FALSE PROPHET."
You may not understand Him or His ministry, but leave it in the hands of God.

READ: Psalm 105: 15 " Saying, touch not God's annointing and do His Prophets no harm."
Many Prophecies are not always fulfilled right after they are spoken, it may take many years before they come to pass.

Just because you have not seen a Prophcy come to pass. Does not mean that it is not going to happen.
Things happen when God gets ready for them to happen and not until then. God Is In Control.

Br. Terrell is only a servent of God, a man of God with great faith to preach and to tell the people what
GOD wants them to know. Through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Last edited by jesussavesus; 07-19-2010 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: Standing Up and Defending a man of God

Old 07-20-2010, 11:12 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
Isn't it going to be interesting when God sends His two witnesses, the two prophets, in these last days, as spoken of in the Book of Revelation chapter 11. No doubt, they will be branded as "false prophets", just like all the others, because "there are no more prophets"...

Bud

Old 09-12-2010, 01:49 PM

32 posts, read 31,355 times
Most the time these prophets DO warn people.People in their wisdom think the prophets are doing this under their OWN power and should be able to clean up the stock market.GOD did not send them to clean up at the stock market HE sent them to warn the people to repent and to obey the gospel and to live right.The disasters come and people who heard these prophets remember it and chalk it up to "coincidence",some take heed others wait until after the fact,but few do.
You will know if a person is a prophet or not.They will come preaching the Gospel along with warning,and they will not contradict the written word.The SPIRIT and the Written word are BOTH witnesses and they agree..........always!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal