Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 02:55 PM

2 posts, read 11,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Thank you to all who responded. I personally think if a man dedicates himself to God, then his faith can do tremendous things.

How many christians on CD Forum? How many from the southern states? And not one comes forward to speak on behalf of Brother David Terrell?

Although I have never been a follower of Brother David Terrell, I am not in any way against him or saying anything negative on him. My friend loves to hear him preach and will travel great distances to attend one of his tent revivals. I was simply hoping someone out there would respond to my inquiry.

But I do remember the old tent revival days in Oklahoma when I was a boy. Best save those stories for another thread!
Hello, I just want to say that I use to go to Bro Terrell's revivals. I was in Bangs Tx for almost a year in the mid 80's. We don't get him here in Canada much. I do miss the life he brings to the Word of God. I believe he is a true minister of God, not just as a Prophet, but as a Healer, a Minister and Teacher as well. His God given abilities do feed the hungry and stir the soul in a way I have never known with any other minister. If you are a Holy Ghost filled Born Again Christian, there is no denying that Bro Terrell is filled with the Spirt of God.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:08 PM

83 posts, read 327,553 times
I may have met you at some point there, LOL. I was with them in the late 70's and early 80's but had to quit traveling so much with them when my son was born but we still was able to get to some of the meetings through the 80's and even got to go to Ashdown once. He was here in Kansas Friday and Saturday about 3 hours away from me and I sure wanted to go, but didnt have the money to go on. I saw the move of God in his meetings more than anyplace! I saw many miracles and they were real, not faked like so many high profile ministers do, where they pay someone to pretend they got "miraculously healed". When he calls someone out, it is God who gives him the word for them, not an earpiece like the fakes use! He stays seperate from the people so he can hear from God for them, not be told stuff! I know for a fact as I was one of the ushers and being in that close a proximity, the annointing fell on me.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:52 PM

63 posts, read 105,243 times
Yes I have heard of Prophet David Terrell. I have been a member of his ministry since December 1981. He is a true prophet of God. A major Portion Of the visions and Prophecies given to him by Jesus have been fulfilled with more awaiting. I recieved my validation from the Lord to become a part of this ministry and The Lord Jesus has not failed me yet. My faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ and His leading and I thank God in the highest for leading me to this ministry. Praise God!

Old 01-01-2008, 06:04 PM

63 posts, read 105,243 times
Has anyone ever heard of or is in contact with Bro. Hamby out of Baltimore,Maryland? I heard his broadcast out of North Carolina in the early 80's. He's also a Prophet of God.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:43 PM

83 posts, read 327,553 times
Dont know of one from Maryland, there use to be a Bro. Hamby under Bro. Terrell but he was from down south.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:46 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,000 times
Redbird...If David Terrell said that California would fall into the ocean, then he's a false prophet and should be avoided..It's pretty clear by scripture that's how we are to know a true phophet..if what they say comes true...

Old 01-05-2008, 06:13 PM

6 posts, read 27,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
Redbird...If David Terrell said that California would fall into the ocean, then he's a false prophet and should be avoided..It's pretty clear by scripture that's how we are to know a true phophet..if what they say comes true...

Just because you don't believe something will happen does not make it a false prophecy, I do not recall anyone giving a specific date on which this tragedy should happen, that would be like saying, "John the Revelator's a False Prophet he said there would be a second coming of Christ and it didn't happen" you see what I'm saying just because something hasn't happened yet don't mean it won't , I can assure you if David Terrell Prophesied California would fall into the Ocean then I'm glad I don't live there, He went to New Orleans a month or so before Katrina hit and got down on his knees and begged those people to leave and they wouldn't listen, I wonder how many of them that turned their backs on him survived?

Old 01-10-2008, 10:25 PM

9 posts, read 24,121 times
Hi Redbird,

I am from the south and I have been to many of his revivals and still do when he is close or in Tn when I can. All of you be blessed and serve Jesus, he is the Savior to our souls. God has and still uses Brother David Terrell greatly! I would have posted sooner but just found this thread.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:31 PM

9 posts, read 24,121 times
Brother Hamby is around east Tennesse preaching with the Hall ministry. He has a church somewhere around there as well. He use to be with Brother Terrell so I am sure he is the one you are asking about.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:08 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
I think that most false prophets are easy to identify. They claim to be able to identify the coming of the end of the world. Jesus said no one knows that, not even him. Thus, you know that whenver someone claiming to be a prophet claims to be able to identify the timing of the end of the world, you know that they are false prophets. From what I have seen, that eliminates 80 - 90% of the self-proclaimed prophets.

I believe that prophets still exist. Obviously we are are going to have at least two more of them, the Bible says so. However I do not think that true prophets will go around declaring themselves to be prophets and trying to get on TV. they will simply say "God says _________". God speaks to everyone who will listen. If God speaks to you and you tell others, is that not being a prophet? Are prophets limited to people who predict the future? The Prophets in the bible certainly did a lot more communicating than simply predicting the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal