Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 11:32 PM

757 posts, read 1,328,183 times

Advertisements

Have you ever experienced something that you felt was a last good bye or an I'm alright from somebody who had just died?

I have had two experiences.

I had a string a pearls, given to me by my friend Ronnie. I never wore the pearls but they were hanging on my vanity mirror. I looked at them several times a day as I would go in and out of my room or pass the vanity to use the restroom. On this day, I was walking by and something told me to put the pearls on. I thought to myself, it is good to wear them once in awhile to let your natural oils keep them pearly.
I was wearing the pearls, playing with them when the phone rang. It was my sister, she told me that my friend Ronnie had just been in a car accident and had died at the scene. I turned on the news and the time of the accident was about 45 minutes prior, right about the time I got the feeling to put the pearls on.

The other time was when my mom passed. I kept hoping that I would feel her or get some sign from her. Nothing. It was my birthday, the following year, a few months after my mom passed. My birthday was the day I found out my mom had lung cancer. She would call me and sing happy birthday to me on the phone each year. When she was done singing, I asked her how her doctor appointment went. "oh, by the way, I have lung cancer" So, anyway, I had a fever of about 103 104, I did not feel sick at all. My sister was walking by me and said, "You are hot!!" and took my temp and made me lay down.
I was laying in bed and started to get chills. I felt my mother was there. I felt it so strong that I started cry. I was kind of scared because this feeling was so so strong. The fever went away after a few hours. But I believe it was my mom, came to tell me happy birthday and she was fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 11:59 AM

503 posts, read 771,930 times
We were at the cemetery to bury my grandfather. It was early March and partly cloudy. It thundered out of the blue just a few times - the low, rumbling kind. My grandmother said - that was him - he made it to heaven.

Who knows - it was probably a front coming thru - I don't remember. All I know is that it brought comfort to her.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:34 PM

248 posts, read 442,544 times
I saw my aunt last year when I was visiting her. She was being very emotional and then gave me one of her favorite collections from the cupboard . She said I will take care of it like no one else.
That felt like a different and a special moment .
Next thing , she was diagnosed with a terminal illness and passed away
I never saw her again after that day .

Old 10-30-2012, 09:24 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
At the time I did not know why I was feeling so sad and a deep painful heartache. Something just did not feel right and I had no reason to suddenly break into tears. I would later find out that I felt this when my BF was murdered.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
2005. I had just talked to my daddy on the phone. His emotions were all over the place.
I told him why don't you come visit me it's the 4th of July. He said maybe, I will see.
I was with my 2 yr old driving to a play date. The skies just opened up, turned black, and it was a freak unexpected storm in our area. I wanted to turn around and go home so badly. I did turn around, called my friend, she said but I am already at the place. I said ok, turned around and endured that play date. I really really did not want to be there. I felt black, anxious, and sweaty. When I returned home I missed my dads call. 3 hours later my mom called to tell me he had put a gun to his head and left this world.
I always think if I would have been home, maybe he would still be here.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
I always think if I would have been home, maybe he would still be here.
Nope. Severe clinical depression, and / or substance abuse leads to this kind of action. It's violent and selfish and leaves victims in it's wake even though the person told himself that he was doing the world a favor. It's not your fault on any level, and he owes YOU an apology.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:25 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Gilah G...so sorry that happened to you..it's not your fault, and there's nothing you could have done...forgive him, and believe that you would have helped him if you could...that's all you can do......SocalPitgal, I've had unexplainable things like that happen to me too..I'm wondering if it maybe has something to do with an esp that we (humans) haven't learned how to use or control yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal