U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 01:33 PM

13,391 posts, read 16,886,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I too have experienced what the OP described. Never came in handy for me, as it's only as the events are unfolding I remember having dreamt them.
I experience a lot of this too...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 02:05 AM

427 posts, read 1,112,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
jcx456...I beleive everyone has these dreams, but most people don't remember or are not interested in their dreams..I also agree that this IS some sort of esp, and a gift if we could only learn how to use it to our benefit.
Do you think that since some people are able to tap into this ability and others aren't that there is some correlation among those of us that can? Such as maybe the way we eat, our cognitive brain function or anything else we're doing to induce these dreams?

Old 11-14-2012, 03:49 AM

4,060 posts, read 9,050,542 times
I've had so many prophetic dreams that the run of the mill falling off a cliff dreams make me nervous. I can elaborate more later, it's my bed time and I hope I have a good dream...

Old 11-19-2012, 01:36 AM

12,078 posts, read 11,635,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I've had so many prophetic dreams that the run of the mill falling off a cliff dreams make me nervous. I can elaborate more later, it's my bed time and I hope I have a good dream...
Any chance you can PM me with which IPO's I should get in on?

Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 PM

427 posts, read 1,112,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I'm curious if your prophetic dreams are like mine where they only give you information about yourself or if you can see other things in the future like events in society, other specific people etc. ?

Old 11-19-2012, 04:31 PM

12,201 posts, read 11,512,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
Hi, I just want to throw this out there and see if anybody can give me any info on what's happening here. I very rarely have dreams or maybe I should say that I very rarely can remember my dreams. I'm talking like maybe 2 or 3 a year that I can recollect when I wake up. However, these couple that I can remember, I remember very vividly and accurately. The weird thing about it is these dreams that I can remember always, 100% of the time, end up coming true in my daily life at some point in the future. For example I will see myself in a dream visiting a place that I've never been to before and then in real life in the future I will have like a deja vu moment when I'm actually in that place and remember every little thing from the dream and it will be accurately portrayed as I'm standing there looking around. The same type of thing happens with people, that I've never met and with me doing activities as well. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this, what it is, why it's happening, if there is a way to tap into it more? I feel both lucky and strange at the same time. It feels like I can see particular segments of my future life ahead of time but as it is right now, it doesn't benefit me because I can't account for the timing aspect of when it will happen or know definitively where I am or who someone is until that actual moment that I'm there in the future.
Do you see any Twinkies? lol Sorry i couldn't resist.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:20 AM

1,882 posts, read 3,022,914 times
Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. I'm curious do your dreams come randomly to you or have you noticed any similarities in things you might do to maybe induce one of the predictive dreams? The reason I ask is because I've noticed a couple of things with mine. I never used to get these dreams when I was younger, I would get far more frequent regular, random, non predictive dreams and nightmares but never anything that would come true in the future. As I got older I made some lifestyle changes and I began to eat much better, more healthy organic foods, I stay away from processed junk and fast foods and exercise more now. I also meditate and live much more simply and frugally, for example I quit using most electronics and stopped watching tv. I made all of these changes in a rather short amount of time and it was after this that I had my first dream that came true in the future. The other thing that I've noticed with these dreams is that I no longer have any regular, random, non predictive dreams or nightmares anymore, only the dreams that come true and they are far less frequent like I said maybe only a couple per year, if that. Something else is that for whatever reason I seem to be more likely to have one of these predictive dreams whenever I'm really exhausted. I had one the night after I ran a marathon and I remember having one on a night after I had been up for over 48 hours straight.
it seems like you answered your own question, as to what you can do to tap into it. i would recommend yoga as well if you don't already do that. i always would have spooky moments when i did alot of yoga. it would only last for a few seconds but i would feel like i was standing outside of time, and behind my eyes was amazing clouds of spinning color, and then, poof, it was gone. but those few seconds felt like an eternity.

keep in mind, you would probably want to be careful about this sort of thing. not in some sort of demonic-possession way, but sometimes its best NOT to know when something is going to happen. that's how i feel, anyway. and it sounds like you have tapped in already, as much as a person could without years of study and meditation. many would want to be in your shoes, so maybe you could just let it ride, and see what happens.

and as casey said, keep a dream diary. i found that my dreams became orgiastic and multi-plotted when i did that. amazing films with multi-dimensional happenings. you may find over the years that many more of your dreams are prophetic, without being obviously so at the time.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM

96 posts, read 154,668 times
Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. I'm curious do your dreams come randomly to you or have you noticed any similarities in things you might do to maybe induce one of the predictive dreams? The reason I ask is because I've noticed a couple of things with mine. I never used to get these dreams when I was younger, I would get far more frequent regular, random, non predictive dreams and nightmares but never anything that would come true in the future. As I got older I made some lifestyle changes and I began to eat much better, more healthy organic foods, I stay away from processed junk and fast foods and exercise more now. I also meditate and live much more simply and frugally, for example I quit using most electronics and stopped watching tv. I made all of these changes in a rather short amount of time and it was after this that I had my first dream that came true in the future. The other thing that I've noticed with these dreams is that I no longer have any regular, random, non predictive dreams or nightmares anymore, only the dreams that come true and they are far less frequent like I said maybe only a couple per year, if that. Something else is that for whatever reason I seem to be more likely to have one of these predictive dreams whenever I'm really exhausted. I had one the night after I ran a marathon and I remember having one on a night after I had been up for over 48 hours straight.
Interesting questions! I have noticed giving up electronics before bed and choosing some form of meditation, prayer or yoga can all be helpful and rest my mind for clarity in my dreams (at least that is how I interpret it). I would think the situation has more to deal with the clarity of your mind to remember the predictive dreams and less clutter in your dreams rather than "increasing" your predictive dreams.

I agree that I too have had less random dreams and far more vivid dreams that come true as I have gotten a bit older, now only a few times a year at the most. But this is ok with me.

The dreams that do come often are helpful for me or others in some way. I am grateful for that.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM

6,473 posts, read 10,196,768 times
Quick- What will the power ball numbers be tonight?

Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 912 times
I had a dream once when I was sitting at lunch, around all my friends. they were having a conversation about something (I can't remember what now), but I had a vivid dream about it three weeks before. As they were talking, as I was recognizing what they were saying, almost as if in a script, I interrupted them and finished the conversation. All of them said it was weird and I was psychic or something. My whole life I've had this profound sense of destiny, and I've had these dreams my whole life. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't change them, like it's what's supposed to happen, but I'm the only one in the script who hasn't been cemented into one place. Another time, I was in third grade, and was playing tag with friends (this is the dream version). I was wearing baggy jeans with a dragon type design on it, and a belt (crappy) with a blue dragon on it (I was really in to dragons). As I was playing tag, my belt broke, and the snap of the belt was super loud, like a sonic boom. When my belt broke, my pants fell, and I was standing there, really embarrassed. About three weeks later, the same thing happened, and I had to wear a rope as a belt for the rest of the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal