U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM
 
2,949 posts, read 5,069,993 times
Reputation: 1626

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So you want to spout off and be oh so right and then you ignore my statements and my offer extends to you as well. Like many you will just ignore it. I don't need to take any sissies with me either.I have been where the real deal happens. You haven't.
So you want to spout off and be oh so right. Why don`t you ask all of those reputable scientist who have been tracking bigfoot for years with all of their equipment but have yet to spot him? Why don`t you, who expects everyone to believe you just because, tell those scientist and trackers that you personally know exactly where bigfoot is? Tell them to go camping with you becaues you can prove the world wrong. You, the big, strong, tough guy, who likes to go camping with bigfoot. Tell the hundreds of well known explorers to go with you because you are tough and you will protect them from bigfoot. Why keep all of this direct knowledge of where bigfoot actually is to yourself, except for asking people on CD to go camping with you? And stop with the arrogant attitude of, anyone who disagrees with me is spouting off, nonsense. I have news for you....the majority of the population on Earth disagrees with you. So get over it. And next time read my post with comprehension. I said anything is possible, then I give my reasons for doubting it. I never said it was entirely impossible, just highly unlikely in my opinion. Take a reading comprehension tape with you the next time you go camping with bigfoot.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 PM
 
13,605 posts, read 11,275,362 times
Reputation: 17726
I'm torn on this one. It seems to me if the creature exists, someone would have found bones by now. But, as someone said up-thread, new species are always being discovered.

I always try to keep an open mind, just not so open that my brains are falling out.

The Sasquatch, or a version of it, has been talked about for centuries. Before I call people kooks or anything, I try to remember that I've never seen a baby (juvenile) pigeon, but I'm pretty sure they exist.

If the Sasquatch are related to humans, is it not a good theory that they bury their dead?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2012, 10:51 AM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,510,398 times
Reputation: 4915
I am on the fence with this one. This stuff when it is real happens very quickly.

Hikers take flight when what they thought was a bear resembles Bigfoot
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 02:14 AM
 
Location: Poshawa, Ontario
2,985 posts, read 3,583,856 times
Reputation: 5622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
OK 40,000 year old bones Found! in fact bones of prehumans over 2,000,000 years old have been found so why nothing from Bigfoot in these modern times where more and more people are pressing into the woods? I know some of you, my wife included will say "they don't find bones BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXIST" But if they don't exist how can you explain so many Native American legends and how do you explain all the sightings had by people on TV shows.
To play Devil's Advocate, how many bones or animal bodies of any kind have you found in the woods? Combine this with the fact that Sasquatch allegedly lives in the most remote places left on Earth (the Pacific Northwest, Himalayas, etc.), what are the chances someone would happen across the body of an extremely rare species in one of the densest forests of North America?

Between 1992 and 1994, scientists confirmed the existance of two previously unknown species of large ungulates living in Vietnam (the muntjac or barking deer, and the Vu Quang ox - a type of wild cow). As such, the possibility of a large primate living in the remote forests of North America is not at all outside the realm of possibility.

This encounter is one of the most compelling I have read to date.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 09:07 AM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,510,398 times
Reputation: 4915
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
So you want to spout off and be oh so right. Why don`t you ask all of those reputable scientist who have been tracking bigfoot for years with all of their equipment but have yet to spot him? Why don`t you, who expects everyone to believe you just because, tell those scientist and trackers that you personally know exactly where bigfoot is? Tell them to go camping with you becaues you can prove the world wrong. You, the big, strong, tough guy, who likes to go camping with bigfoot. Tell the hundreds of well known explorers to go with you because you are tough and you will protect them from bigfoot. Why keep all of this direct knowledge of where bigfoot actually is to yourself, except for asking people on CD to go camping with you? And stop with the arrogant attitude of, anyone who disagrees with me is spouting off, nonsense. I have news for you....the majority of the population on Earth disagrees with you. So get over it. And next time read my post with comprehension. I said anything is possible, then I give my reasons for doubting it. I never said it was entirely impossible, just highly unlikely in my opinion. Take a reading comprehension tape with you the next time you go camping with bigfoot.
There you go spouting off and wrong again.Get off your arm chair away from a computer and get outside. You don't move in these areas of people researching this stuff and i do. Any serious researcher know that even films or photos is not acceptable only a body will provide the proof. Some have tried and failed. Read a bit and you will find out that all hell can break loose when one is considered in danger.Thus the true researcher will not take the shot. Most usually they move in at least two at a time. Just because a person one sure doesn't mean there is not another one there.I don't have any lock on where these creatures at at all. Quit trying to put words in my mouth. I have told you states that have quite a bit of activity and the world for the most part thinks Pacific Northwest for the most part..

I started out to but this BF stuff as a Hoax and cannot. Do yor own reasech and you wil be suprized as i was.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,345 posts, read 86,680,348 times
Reputation: 17645
Bigfoot Is Part Human, and Here Are the DNA Tests to Prove It, Claims Researcher | TIME.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 06:14 PM
 
19,284 posts, read 25,798,134 times
Reputation: 37384
I enjoy watching all the bigfoot shows-very intriguing- I use to think the same,,,,hard proof would be here if they were real, same as ufo's

well,,i do believe in ufo's, heard enough from accredited individuals, that they must exist,,,,

bigfoots, I do believe someday, someone will shoot one- sadly,,,,but again, you watch enough shows, many cops, sherriffs, even scientists, that have nothing to gain- and being ridiculed,,,all say similar things about sightings..

one camp up in canada, had some scientists there and something threw a rock on the side and roof of the cabin, what else can throw a rock?


I also believe in the afterlife,,,,,again, too much evidence not to..


years ago , I was a skeptic, of everything, ..but i've matured to know that just because I cant see something, doesnt mean it doesnt exist...Ive never been to new zealand,,,but i've heard from enough reputable people, that it in fact does exist
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 06:54 PM
 
13,605 posts, read 11,275,362 times
Reputation: 17726
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

(snip)

years ago , I was a skeptic, of everything, ..but i've matured to know that just because I cant see something, doesnt mean it doesnt exist...Ive never been to new zealand,,,but i've heard from enough reputable people, that it in fact does exist

Well put, brokerman.

I have heard people ridiculing others for certain beliefs. One stands out in my mind because the guy was talking about people who believe that certain stones or crystals could have unseen properties. He said something about it being ridiculous that a rock could have an invisible energy. I had a one word reply for him: "Uranium."

As far as Sasquatch goes, it has been talked about for so many years and in so many different places, and the descriptions were similar way before we had the internet where information spreads like wildfire between locations. It's been almost universally described as tall, hairy, apelike, and very smelly.

I believe most of those people saw something. I don't know if it was a Sasquatch, a bear, or a scraggly human, but I believe that they saw something in most of the testimonials I've read.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 11:46 PM
 
2,949 posts, read 5,069,993 times
Reputation: 1626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
There you go spouting off and wrong again.Get off your arm chair away from a computer and get outside. You don't move in these areas of people researching this stuff and i do. Any serious researcher know that even films or photos is not acceptable only a body will provide the proof. Some have tried and failed. Read a bit and you will find out that all hell can break loose when one is considered in danger.Thus the true researcher will not take the shot. Most usually they move in at least two at a time. Just because a person one sure doesn't mean there is not another one there.I don't have any lock on where these creatures at at all. Quit trying to put words in my mouth. I have told you states that have quite a bit of activity and the world for the most part thinks Pacific Northwest for the most part..

I started out to but this BF stuff as a Hoax and cannot. Do yor own reasech and you wil be suprized as i was.
There you go spouting off again. You have asked a couple of people on this thread to go camping with you and they would be scared to death because of bigfoot. You tell people to run when they starting swaying side to side because they are sending signals to another bigfoot. You tell skeptics on here they will change their mind if they go out with you and have bigfoot throw rocks at them or you put a coat covered with animal scent on them. You say you know people that live in areas where bigfoot is and they don`t like it when others come and stir them up because your friends then have to deal with bigfoot after the rebel rousers leave. Now you say you don`t have a lock on where they are? So in previous post you act like you know where they are and when called out on it, you now say you only know the states but not the locations.

I`ve already said it on here several times before, but I`ll say it again. Don`t get your panties in a wad because someone is a skeptic. I`m not saying 100% that they don`t exist, but I find it highly unlikely after decades of research and tracking. The reason is because there are supposedly people that live in those remote areas that say they see and hear bigfoot quite often. For decades we have people saying they live near them and see and hear them. So real geuine scientist and trackers go to where all of this activity is, but they never see them.

For those that say, we find new species from time time, that may be true. But scientist stumble upon those species. On the other hand, there have been hundreds of scientist actually looking for BF for decades, exactly where the so called sightings and stories come from. But have yet to find anything. THey actually comb those areas with expensive equipment and always come up empty. That`s why I find it hard to beleive. If they had only been searching for a few years,that would be one thing. But decade after decade all over the world and no BF. Just seems like a stretch to me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2012, 02:41 AM
 
13,605 posts, read 11,275,362 times
Reputation: 17726
New data on this subject has been in the news lately. This is one article, but if you google Big foot DNA, there are lots of them out there right now.

Big Foot DNA study: Sasquatch is real | Baltimore Post-ExaminerBaltimore Post-Examiner

Could be another elaborate hoax, but an interesting turn of events no matter what.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top