Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:17 PM

23 posts, read 65,958 times

Advertisements

Has anything like this happened to anyone else? It's driving me crazy, trying to make sense of it.

His death was really sudden, although it turns out he probably knew it was coming and didn't tell my brother or I. The dream was exactly what happened, down to my mom (his ex wife) being extremely mean to me while he was in the hospital.

Then a day after he died, I swear I felt his energy with me. It felt like he was in the room and we were telling each other with our energy, not our words, that we loved each other. I am not a particularly religious person, although I've always been interested in this kind of thing. It's just never happened to me before. So any insight anyone can offer would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 10:12 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
you didn't go into detail about the dream.
But you shouldn't allow anything to drive you crazy; some things can't be "made sense" of.
You must accept his death and embrace any communication you feel from him.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:03 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
I'm sorry about your Dad, Cosmic Fox.

My mother used to have dreams that often predicted the death of a relative. She said she would see that person in a clear coffin if I remember correctly.

I've often sensed when a loved one was going to die, but much of that can be chalked up to medical training. There was one case though that was strange, my grandmother. I was staying with family friends because my mother had flown "back home" to be with her and dad was working 65 hours a week. I sat straight up in bed and started freaking out one night. Sure enough, that was the night she passed away. I was nine.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
you didn't go into detail about the dream.
But you shouldn't allow anything to drive you crazy; some things can't be "made sense" of.
You must accept his death and embrace any communication you feel from him.
You're right, I was in a rush when I made that post. In the dream, he passed away. I didn't see how and I didn't get any other details besides that he was gone. I felt the most intense despair of my life (which I also felt when he died in real life. I've never felt anything like it). Then my mother (his ex wife) began screaming at me. I started to cry and said back, "How could be so cruel? My father just died!" but she kept screaming.

It's just bizarre because I've always been a very skeptical person. I wonder if I had noticed that he wasn't looking that great in real life but I didn't want to accept it? So my subconscious kind of made me. But then how did I know that my mom would be so mean to me? Ahh it doesn't make any sense. But I suppose you're right, can't make sense of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I'm sorry about your Dad, Cosmic Fox.

My mother used to have dreams that often predicted the death of a relative. She said she would see that person in a clear coffin if I remember correctly.

I've often sensed when a loved one was going to die, but much of that can be chalked up to medical training. There was one case though that was strange, my grandmother. I was staying with family friends because my mother had flown "back home" to be with her and dad was working 65 hours a week. I sat straight up in bed and started freaking out one night. Sure enough, that was the night she passed away. I was nine.
Wow, that's fascinating about your mom's gift. I haven't had a situation like this with anyone else. Both sets of grandparents, an aunt, uncle and cousin have passed away and I've never had this happen. But then, I lived with my dad the last few years. I wasn't as close to the others.

I've been wondering if that could be it. My dad never shared that he was in critical condition, just that he had stomach pains. Turns out his heart, liver and kidneys were failing. And he probably knew, because that info was sent over from his primary doctor when he was in the ER. I wonder if on some level I could see him getting sick. Because other people have said that he looked grey when they saw him last. But I didn't notice, at least not consciously. He was only 58 and he worked until the day he died. That is where he collapsed actually, at work. He was in the hospital for a few days but it was too late. He was unconscious the whole time he was in the hospital so I feel like he actually died that day at work.

Wow, that's so sad. I'm sorry that you lost your mother at such a young age. What kind of things helped you accept and move forward afterward?

Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicFox View Post
You're right, I was in a rush when I made that post. In the dream, he passed away. I didn't see how and I didn't get any other details besides that he was gone. I felt the most intense despair of my life (which I also felt when he died in real life. I've never felt anything like it). Then my mother (his ex wife) began screaming at me. I started to cry and said back, "How could be so cruel? My father just died!" but she kept screaming.

It's just bizarre because I've always been a very skeptical person. I wonder if I had noticed that he wasn't looking that great in real life but I didn't want to accept it? So my subconscious kind of made me. But then how did I know that my mom would be so mean to me? Ahh it doesn't make any sense. But I suppose you're right, can't make sense of everything.

Wow, that's fascinating about your mom's gift. I haven't had a situation like this with anyone else. Both sets of grandparents, an aunt, uncle and cousin have passed away and I've never had this happen. But then, I lived with my dad the last few years. I wasn't as close to the others.

I've been wondering if that could be it. My dad never shared that he was in critical condition, just that he had stomach pains. Turns out his heart, liver and kidneys were failing. And he probably knew, because that info was sent over from his primary doctor when he was in the ER. I wonder if on some level I could see him getting sick. Because other people have said that he looked grey when they saw him last. But I didn't notice, at least not consciously. He was only 58 and he worked until the day he died. That is where he collapsed actually, at work. He was in the hospital for a few days but it was too late. He was unconscious the whole time he was in the hospital so I feel like he actually died that day at work.

Wow, that's so sad. I'm sorry that you lost your mother at such a young age. What kind of things helped you accept and move forward afterward?
It was my grandmother that passed when I was nine. My Mom passed about two years ago and her brother (my beloved uncle) a couple of months ago. I knew both of them were going within a couple of days of their passing, but that could be, as I mentioned, because of training.

Your dad was only 58? We don't live long in my family either. Mom didn't make it to 61 and grandma was 54. That grief sits on your chest like a boulder, doesn't it? The fact that you dreamed about this and that you felt his presence after the fact for a brief moment should be a comfort (if you choose to take it that way). It means that there is something else besides what we can see and touch here.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:38 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Im so sorry about your dad Cosmic

Old 12-13-2012, 04:25 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,164,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicFox View Post
Has anything like this happened to anyone else? It's driving me crazy, trying to make sense of it.

His death was really sudden, although it turns out he probably knew it was coming and didn't tell my brother or I. The dream was exactly what happened, down to my mom (his ex wife) being extremely mean to me while he was in the hospital.

Then a day after he died, I swear I felt his energy with me. It felt like he was in the room and we were telling each other with our energy, not our words, that we loved each other. I am not a particularly religious person, although I've always been interested in this kind of thing. It's just never happened to me before. So any insight anyone can offer would be much appreciated!
Sorry about your loss. <3

I lost my stepmother a few months ago, and two days before she passed I fell into an unexplainable panic and the need to go home (I live about 7-8 hours away). She was ill with cancer, but I had no way of knowing that the day she died would be "her" day. She ironically died the day I got home from a vacation, about an hour after I stepped in the door. I believe she kind of chose when to let go.

I went through the same tense feeling when my grandfather passed. I think there is something at work with our connection to the ones we love most.

Best of luck to you and your loved ones for the grieving period ahead.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:47 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Some people call these, "premonitions", others call it, "unexplainable".

A few days before I broke my ankle, I had a "premonition". It was very undetailed like your dream. The difference is mine was while I was wide awake, sitting at the computer, chatting with someone. I saw a hospital, (that I had never been to before so had no idea what it really looked like at the time of this 'premonition'), I saw a friend's name who was becoming a Doctor, flashing in red, in front of this hospital. This entire "scene" lasted not even a second. It was there and it was gone, just like that.

I do remember kind of jerking my head back and thinking, "WTH was that?!" but dismissed it, like I always do when these things happen.

A few days later, down I went, snapped ankle. Guess what hospital I ended up in? The one I "saw". The one I had never been to before. The one I had never actually seen before. (I was new to the state and city at the time.)

Guess who came to pick me up after surgery/overnight stay? My friend, the Doctor. What was really interesting is that the name that was flashing was his online screen name, not his real name.

Our minds are much more powerful than we know. What does it all mean? Does it explain religion? No. I don't have a clue what it all means. I just know that our minds are much more powerful than we know as was yours.

This is why people call these things: unexplainable. We can't. We don't know. We can surmise and guess and theorize until the cows come home...but we don't know.

If you felt any comfort with that energy you experienced, take it for what it was. Comfort. And maybe one day, when you least expect it, you'll feel it again. And no, none of us will be able to explain it then, either. Because none of us really know. We just have our beliefs.

Most important, though, I offer my condolences on the loss of your father and wish that you did not have to know that kind of pain. And I'm sorry to hear that your mother figure was so hateful towards you most especially at a time when you needed to really hold on to that feeling of comfort that you had received.

I wish you well, OP.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:06 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,264,630 times
Sorry to hear about your dad. You are very fortunate to have experienced advanced knowledge to prepare you and after bodily death communication with him to express your love.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It was my grandmother that passed when I was nine. My Mom passed about two years ago and her brother (my beloved uncle) a couple of months ago. I knew both of them were going within a couple of days of their passing, but that could be, as I mentioned, because of training.

Your dad was only 58? We don't live long in my family either. Mom didn't make it to 61 and grandma was 54. That grief sits on your chest like a boulder, doesn't it? The fact that you dreamed about this and that you felt his presence after the fact for a brief moment should be a comfort (if you choose to take it that way). It means that there is something else besides what we can see and touch here.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss.
Sorry, rushing again..

How are you feeling, in regards to their ascent to eternal life? Two years is still so recent, especially for a parent. Not to mention a couple months.

Yeah and it's looking like my mom might be joining him soon. She's been in and out of doctor's offices my whole life. Most recently for another biopsy.

It's weird, the grief comes and goes. When it comes, it's really overwhelming. But there are some moments where I kind of feel at peace about everything. Doesn't last long but I'll take what I can get.

Those occurrences were very comforting to me. I'm very grateful. I'm also grateful for the path my life took and how it played into all of this. After high school, I had planned on going out of state for college but backed out at the last minute because of the price. I regretted it for years. But now I realize that if I had gone, I wouldn't have had these past few years with my dad. Prior to my 18th birthday I had only been able to see him some weekends and holidays. So I would have only had a couple of months, versus four years. It was so worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal