Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 06:59 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I think you are not fully understanding what I have said and are making an overly defensive response. I never said you did not have the experience you did. If anything I gave you a valid paranormal explination (that is just one of many possibilities) for what happened to you. I'm am far from arguing with you and how you got that impression is beyond me. I have not given any defined interpretation, only possibilities. You wanted working theories. You wanted some sort of explanation right? to find answers? Then one has to look at ALL possible scenarios to narrow things down.
And my 'speculation' was NOT for my amusement, again, how you get that idea is beyond me. You may have had a precognition with your uncle, but you are not in my head know why I do what I do. One should not make such claims unless they are 100% sure.
I have a lot of experience with the paranormal and psychic side of life, as well as the science side of things.
But if you want to bite at the hand with some experience, be my guest.
You actually said you have a problem with the "quickness" with which I determined this was a paranormal experience.

It actually was not quick . . . I guess you didn't read my actual accounts of the events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Beings you are sitting with them, and see their lips move, then it cannot be catagorized as clairaudiance.
Clairaudiance is a sound that has no known 'identifiable' source. Unless- you fell into a quick mini trance state and you had a clairvoyant & clairaudient 'promonition' of sort.
What I have the most difficult time with is the quickness in which you determine that these events are for sure paranormal. My husband tells me all the time that I said this or that, and I know for a fact that I did not. And I know, on my end, that its not a memory malfunction because they are topics I discuss with no-one, and if I did discuss it, his 'recollection' is incorrect.
So he is either totally fabricating it himself. Which I doubt (for you both). Or he's taking a conversation from someone else and thinking I was the one he had it with. Now that's a plausible explanation. And with him, I have been on the other end when he is telling me about a conversation he had with 'someone else' who happened to be me.
There are several mundane explanations that first must be ruled out.
I'm no skeptic in the existence of the paranormal so I'm not saying what happened to you is not paranormal.

maybe i missed it someplace but.....Do these people at least claim to have had the thoughts that back up what they supposed to have said?
If they had been thinking it, but did not actually say it, then that's a bit more to work with to understand this mystery.
The highlighted statements are your skepticism of my experiences.

I don't know why you are claiming you are not skeptical when you clearly are.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 PM

To clarify: "Just realized" and "quick" do not correlate. I "just realzied" after many years . . .so that is not "quick."

Moving on . . .

I just became aware of another incident I would file under the same category (whatever that category might be, which is still a mystery). I can't go into detail about it because it involves someone's personal life and even though it would be a long shot for them to ever see this, I would not want to write about their personal details . . . the general gist of it is that this person said something in a group setting, that I thought at the time was "strange." I just filed it away in my mind as a "very interesting" comment (it was something you might think but probably would not say out loud, at least not in this group setting) . . . Then fast forward till recently and the person had an issue - and in my mind, this comment might shed some light on the issue - so after asking if the person wanted to hear it, I communicated what I thought they had said in case it might be helpful to them in resolving their issue.

So that is now four incidents I can think of - and I wasn't ever even aware the people might not be talking in "real life" (or in this realm of existence) - so there may be other incidents that I was just not aware of.

The reason I am so convinced that this is paranormal is because the people INSISTED they had never said what I heard them say . . . and the things they said were not things one would easily forget . . .

Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 PM

Just to recap for anyone who knows about the type of experiences I have had who may come along later - when I first posted, I thought this might be a common thing and guessed it could be a form of clairaudience. So far, no one has heard of this exact phenomena and I haven't read of any examples online yet, either.

In conclusion: I don't know if this is clairaudience or another form of paranormal experience. It's at least telepathic.

I noted that the title word "clairaudience" should probably be changed to "paranormal something," but in case that doesn't happen I just wanted to note that it may not be clairaudience, per se (the title was changed by a moderator to say "Three Personal Examples of Clairaudience."

Just wanted to clarify for anyone who might show up later who might question the terms.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
How can I be a skeptic when I said it sounds like telepathy the first time I replied to this discussion?

As for the highlighted parts of my post....you are interpreting them out of context- except for the first one. However, quickness perhaps need not have been written, but it seems you are unwilling to even consider a non-paranormal explanation. Any and all investigations of any kind requires process of elimination. Which, you may have done, but I see no explanation of that elimination process (except talking later to the uncle). Again, I was only giving examples of possible explanations.
Just because I present these explanations DOES NOT mean that's my determination of the cause of the event (IOW 'a skeptic') But that is how you are choosing to see it. STOP.....I am not doing what you think I am doing.
What I have observed is that; to you, people are either with you or against you. Because I have played the 'what if' game here, you see me as against you. You accuse me of doing this for amusement, you may have some special abilities, but you are not so good that you are inside MY head to know exactly what I am feeling thinking and doing.
I am not picking sides here and you fail to see that. I am not discrediting your experience, only making a list of all possible explanations. Yes, I do question it's origin in the paranormal and I think that's the nail that gets your hammer going, but guess what....I can watch a full gallon jug float up and then fall from the top of a shelf, I know it's a ghost but I'm still going to hunt down every single possible explanation and rule them out before I determine that it was indeed a ghost. That's NOT skepticism, it's the proper steps of any post-event study.
I have yet to determine what the explanation of your event is. For me, one of the explanations at the too of the list is telepathy....so, please, tell me again, that I am 'clearly' a skeptic.
Regardless of what you think, I am not in this discussion to argue or amuse. I'm only here to brainstorm and offer other ideas and information from my own experiences, I'm here to 'talk'. It's ok not to like what I say - but don't go pointing fingers especially misdirected fingers.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
I had a very strange and horrifying experience when we were in the Puerto Villarta airport some ten years or so ago. I was very uneasy being in the airport and for some reason the flight numbers were causing me great anxiety. I found our flight number and I heard a voice say to me it's not the right numbers. I grabbed John and told him what had happened. A couple of days later Alaska air crashed out of PV and killed everyone on board. I heard it one other time when it said you have to buy a lottery ticket. I was driving in bad weather and it meant going out of my way. I remember saying out loud that I wasn't going to win. I was also running late but I did alter my route and buy the ticket. It didn't win as expected but was it necessary to avoid an accident? I'll never know. This is different from an uneasy feeling like when I wanted to go home and John wanted me to take him somewhere else. I put my seat belt on as I was driving and told him to put his seat up. "It wasn't safe." We were rear ended a few minutes later.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I had a very strange and horrifying experience when we were in the Puerto Villarta airport some ten years or so ago. I was very uneasy being in the airport and for some reason the flight numbers were causing me great anxiety. I found our flight number and I heard a voice say to me it's not the right numbers. I grabbed John and told him what had happened. A couple of days later Alaska air crashed out of PV and killed everyone on board. I heard it one other time when it said you have to buy a lottery ticket. I was driving in bad weather and it meant going out of my way. I remember saying out loud that I wasn't going to win. I was also running late but I did alter my route and buy the ticket. It didn't win as expected but was it necessary to avoid an accident? I'll never know. This is different from an uneasy feeling like when I wanted to go home and John wanted me to take him somewhere else. I put my seat belt on as I was driving and told him to put his seat up. "It wasn't safe." We were rear ended a few minutes later.

Your mentioning the lottery ticket made me think about something that happened about three weeks ago.
The power ball lottery was going to be available in California on April 8th.
One night, perhaps a week before the lottery was to start here, I was involved in evening prayer, when I was interrupted by a voice loud and clear that said only one word, "powerball".
From that point on, the word kept repeating for the next few days.
In my nightly communication with my deceased partner, I asked if he could offer an explanation as to the voice telling me to buy just one powerball ticket, that one would be enough.
He answered that the voice could have come from my subconscious from thinking about the powerball lottery, or because it happened in the middle of prayer, may have been divine intervention.
As always, he left the decision to me, not offering anything that could sway my decision.
I must admit, this voice coming at the time it did, really caused me to reflect on my previous experiences with the lottery.
For years (like many others) I have prayed to win a lottery.
My reason for wanting to win is as unselfish as one could be, and to this day the reason remains the same.
If I won any lottery that paid multi millions of dollars, all but one million of those winnings would be donated to my favorite charities.
Mostly for animal welfare and care.
With a worthy cause as that, I felt one day I would win, but it never happened.
I felt the time just was not right for me to win.
I started thinking of the phrase that things don't happen in our time, they happen when the lord says they will happen.
This amplified my thoughts that the voice was telling me it is time.
Well, I did play the new powerball, and obviously didn't win.
Disappointed, I began to think about that voice, and determined it was an evil spirit that had contacted me in the hope I would bow to it's temptation.
Like a fool, I did, and oddly enough, have not heard a peep from the source of that voice.
Strange that for those three weeks, I couldn't get that voice out of my head.
Do I think this was my subconscious as my partner suggested?
I don't believe it was.
I believe it was a spirit with less than commendable qualities, using my vulnerability for it's own enjoyment.
One problem we who are fortunate enough to be able to communicate with the spirit world face is, we are open to both sides of the coin, the good as well as the bad.
Sometimes we are not quick enough to distinguish between the two, especially if the bad is not clearly defined.
Bob.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:54 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
I think it is something subconscious Bob. I think most supernatural experiences are coming from a part of our brain that is more developed in the observer. I just can't explain the things that move like when the towel was ripped off of the towel bar on the shower door while I was in the shower alone in the house leaving me naked, wet. cold and terrified. What the heck was that????

Old 04-27-2013, 03:05 AM

856 posts, read 1,051,495 times
Default Been There...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post

I should never have asked for anyone else to judge my experience.

Hello, ImCurious....

Get used to this if you are going to continue to have these conversations in the public domain. Admitting to having these types of experiences/visions, etc. is opening up a can of worms, big time.

I've wasted a lot of my time at Para/Super websites where the audience claims to be interested in these things and then discounts what we say when we describe our experiences or what we've seen or heard.

So if you are really interested in this, keep up what you are doing but,

1. Don't negatively react to negative responses- the responses you get are only to be expected. People generally are not used to being in contact with ghosts or having visions or what-ever so be patient and as you fish, just keep it tight and eventually you will meet up with those with similar experiences.

While I was being stoned at one forum I gained a mentor who helped me through my learning curve at improving what I do and at another ("spiritual") forum I found a body of believers and even those with similar and 'larger' abilities than myself.

So in the meantime just say 'thank you' and move on as you go through your replies.

Paul

Last edited by HeadhunterPaul; 04-27-2013 at 03:10 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 04-27-2013, 03:13 AM

856 posts, read 1,051,495 times
Default Four Times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
... I just can't explain the things that move like when the towel was ripped off of the towel bar on the shower door while I was in the shower alone in the house leaving me naked, wet. cold and terrified. What the heck was that????
LOL!

I've had this happen several times!

I have just learned to accept that goblins/ghosts/what-ever "...just want to have fun....".

Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal