U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 AM

10,869 posts, read 10,559,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Obviously if you were sleeping you don't know if the bed was shaking or not. You were waking up from REM sleep and had a moment of confusion as usually preceded a wake-up from deep sleep. In extreme cases some people act out there dreams and move such that they wake themeselves, and even fall out of bed, this is not normal but is treatable. This is not an unexplained mystery - but a documented medical condition that you may need to treat if you see it occuring frequently.
...or you can continue to blame beelzelbub or whatever you guys do here, but you have been warned.
I can't speak for the OP, but for me (and you're right, when you are asleep, you are not really going to know exactly what is going on in the waking world) it was as I was waking up and perhaps for a minute or so after.

I don't see it as a medical problem even if it is a natural occurrence. Why would I waste money on a doctor for something as simple as shaking as I wake up (assuming that's what it is)? I swear, people go to the doctor these days if they have a hangnail or a sniffle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,472,870 times
My boys came running down stairs late one night complaining that their bunk bed was "vibrating". I went upstairs and yes, it was!

Turns out that there had been an earthquake about 200 miles south of us. We wound up having 12 in a 24 hour period. Rare for Colorado.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:42 AM

2,962 posts, read 3,218,971 times
I think the first thing you need to do is to eliminate any real life 3D things which could cause this.

Place your bed posts on something else - maybe small wooden blocks or a couple of magazines, a book or something which isolates it /changes from the particular frequency running through the floor. Sometimes - like the walls of Jericho(?) in the Bible we can get sympathetic vibrations from anything happening in the area.

Next, decide if it could be just your perception of the bed shaking - so for example if you are woken up by this and it stops when you get up, then it is probably your "dream" self experiencing this shaking(see below). If it continues after you sit up awake, then it is in the physical and needs a physical solution.

Is anything else shaking in the room. Have a bowl of water in the room and watch that for vibrations. (Place it on a towel in case it is an earthquake, the water will splash out and the bowl may fall !) Ask others what they felt. Look up on earthquake site USGS

Other things to consider. Mining, tunneling, military tests, heavy trucks, rumbling at other times when you are not in bed,

Sometimes it has been reported that astral projection sometimes starts with a shaking-feeling, (also pops, crackles, humming, whistles, etc) so if you just relax, know what it is, and let it happen, you will probably find that you are soon 'out' of your body and in the astral.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM

754 posts, read 823,032 times
isnt that what happened in the exorcist?? demon maybe??

btw still scariest movie ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3zb4bWK7k0

Old 01-04-2013, 12:48 PM

418 posts, read 947,856 times
Hahahahahahaha. agreed

Old 01-04-2013, 04:19 PM

10,869 posts, read 10,559,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Sometimes it has been reported that astral projection sometimes starts with a shaking-feeling, (also pops, crackles, humming, whistles, etc) so if you just relax, know what it is, and let it happen, you will probably find that you are soon 'out' of your body and in the astral.
This is an interesting notion. For most all my life, I have occasionally had what I, for lack of a way to better explain it, perceive as a "buzzing" or "humming" sensation at times just as I doze off to sleep. The thing is, the buzzing or humming is not really a sound, it's more of a feeling in my head. It's a sensation. Very hard to put into words. There is also a sort of "falling" feeling, like I'm falling down a shaft or something. When it happens, it has always startled me and I've never "allowed it" to take me where it's going--and it has always seemed to be going somewhere. But, I've always been afraid of where I might go. So I stop it and wake myself back up. And then go back to sleep normally. It happens very rarely these days, but perhaps I should let myself go next time, eh? I just hope I'm not in the obituaries the next day!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 PM

1,638 posts, read 2,602,881 times
Hypnagogia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I feel this pretty frequently. I also have a lot of sleep paralysis, but I believe the bed rocking is (most likely) purely a natural thing and not paranormal.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM

It would be easy to measure it though, so we should be able to tell if it is real or in our heads.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:59 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,534,754 times
Default Absolultey not

Never happened. Not to me or anyone in my family past of present. Not even in any of my friends or acquaintances, past and present.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:47 AM

I have woken up as if I had landed on my bed from a couple of feet in the air and the whole bed has rocked. I dont think it was a giant twitch, but it could have been I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal