U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 09:45 PM

111 posts, read 231,848 times

Advertisements

About three years ago, this was happening to me quite often. My wife felt it too, but not nearly as eften as me. There was a whole bunch of other things happening too such as: once, my toothpaste tube was rocking back and forth by itself, another time a kitchen trash can was doing the same thing, I would occasionally feel light touches or pinches on my body, once I heard whispering in my ear, and there were some other things like that. No out of body experiences, though. It was pretty wild, for awhile. I actually had a thread going on it back when all this was happening a few years ago. Fortunately this has all faded away to almost nothing, recently. I don't know why it all of the sudden started, and why it slowly faded away. I would consider a mental problem as a possible explanation but for the fact that my wife experienced a few things, also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 04:29 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,414,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcon View Post
About three years ago, this was happening to me quite often. My wife felt it too, but not nearly as eften as me. There was a whole bunch of other things happening too such as: once, my toothpaste tube was rocking back and forth by itself, another time a kitchen trash can was doing the same thing, I would occasionally feel light touches or pinches on my body, once I heard whispering in my ear, and there were some other things like that. No out of body experiences, though. It was pretty wild, for awhile. I actually had a thread going on it back when all this was happening a few years ago. Fortunately this has all faded away to almost nothing, recently. I don't know why it all of the sudden started, and why it slowly faded away. I would consider a mental problem as a possible explanation but for the fact that my wife experienced a few things, also.
Do you think you're mental?

Old 05-09-2013, 05:29 PM

111 posts, read 231,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
Do you think you're mental?
No. It just threw me for a loop when this stuff started happening because I had never experienced anything like this before. But I have since researched it and it's certainly not anything that others haven't also experienced before, sometimes much more dramatically than I ever did. Since these experiences have pretty much stopped for me, I don't really worry about it, but when I saw the thread about bed shaking, it caught my attention because this happened to me a number of times along with these other things I mentioned.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:28 AM

1,234 posts, read 1,187,760 times
I've experienced that shaking bed feel. I just shrug. Dunno why it only happens in that house though. Oh in that same house, I always lost something that I swear was there a minute ago and the moment I stop looking for it, it appears there on the same freaking place I look for and KNOW was there.

I guess a ghost lives there. Pretty harmless though if it really is the reason for my 'experience' in that house.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,574 times
this happened to me only once about 25 years ago. I was sound asleep and was awakened by the bed shaking, I thought it was an earthquake, and I tried calling out to my sister sleeping in her room down the hall, but nothing came out of my mouth, I tried to get up but I was completely paralyzed, I could not move or talk during this earthquake. In the morning when I awoke I ran in my sister's room, and asked if she felt the earthquake last night, she said no. I was surprised because it was pretty strong, I called friends to see if any other person had felt the earthquake, all said no, there was nothing on TV about any earthquakes either. It felt so real to me, at the time I was working 2 full time jobs and was sleep deprived, and the night that this had occurred was the first night in a long time that I could really get a good night's sleep. Hasn't happened to me since.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:09 PM

15,595 posts, read 35,329,468 times
Yes I've woke up to bed shaking dozens of times over the years. But, I live in Alaska and it's always been earthquakes.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:56 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,066,829 times
Yep, I woke up to a levitating bed once. A few other weird things had happened in that bedroom, so my thoughts immediately went to the paranormal. But no, it was just my big dog trying to get out from under the bed! She was trying to sleep under there and got stuck.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,476 times
Ive been dealing with my bed shaking for the last 20 years. It started at my parents home and has happened everywhere Ive lived,even in hotels, everywhere. I still have no explanation. it stopped for a long time. Now this year alone ive lost count how many times.right up till last night even. Ive experienced a ton of paranormal my whole life since a kid. stuff that most people would run screaming from lol. I dont deal in any withcraft,nothing satanic. I do have psychic abilities to a degree but not enough to give people readings. I'm baffled and annoyed now 20 years is a long time.Ive been shoved several times over the last year alone. Ive been punched in the face twice in 2 different homes Ive lived in.(while sleeping) I dont even get scared anymore im so used to it all.I could write a book about it all.I just want to be left alone now from it all.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:13 PM

10,827 posts, read 8,099,338 times
I often experience something that feels like the bed is shaking along with a deep bass vibration sound.
I compare it to what it must feel like to have a helicopter hovering just above my roof. DH never senses anything and there's never any later evidence that the bed has physically moved.

I also experience hums, vibrations, and tingles in various parts of my body and head. I often have these while relaxing in the daytime as well but never the helicopter feeling. They have intensified over the past few years.

Long story short, these all really took off after I started a disciplined program of spiritual meditation. After talking with people and reading online accounts and discussions, I discovered that these are quite common among people who meditate and/or practice other spiritual/religious disciplines. That could include people who seek or spontaneously experience out-of-body or astral projection. I've had a couple of brief spontaneous out-of-body experiences but in the daytime, never at night. I didn't find them helpful or enlightening and by will power have been able to so far avoid having any more. I agree, mainly due to reading experiences of others, that strong nighttime vibrations are often associated with such projection. A prevailing theory is that the more your conscious mind is relaxed and the more you believe that you are a spirit and not a body, the more likely you are to have these experiences.

edit to add: I noticed another poster talked about feeling pinches, light touches, etc. That's also common, as is sometimes feeling like insects are crawling lightly over your skin. These feelings aren't as unpleasant or scary as they sound, if you have the positive context of a spiritual belief and practice. They're actually quite pleasant, a reminder that I'm an eternal spirit having a temporary human experience.

A word frequently applied to it is "kundalini", which is associated with yoga but often used as a general label to describe spiritual awakening symptoms like feeling vibrations, hearing humming, etc.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,324 times
I have had the experience of my bed shaking. Sometimes I have had to hold on to the sides of the bed. It started when I moved to an apartment. Then I started having a visitor. I would wake up but be paralyzed. Sometimes this creature was not bigger than a cat and other times as big as a medium sized dog or so I thought by the weight I felt when it jumped on the bed. I was frightened at first but it would just curl up at the foot of my bed. After quite some time passed it would come and I could feel it it nuzzeling my nose and being affectionate. I started to look forward to these frequent visits. Then they just stopped. I have moved after living there for two years. I still get the shaky bed once in a while, like last night. I just lay my head dow and a slight tremble was felt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal