U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2015, 10:22 PM

9,704 posts, read 15,922,518 times

Advertisements

I had a similar dream, many years ago. I dreamed I stood up at a large, oak table, then fainted. I woke up to a shaking sensation. My room mates said I was shaking. I wondered, is it possible to faint while laying down? Odd....I've had a few similar experiences since then, but none I remembered in such detail.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 09:19 AM

1,187 posts, read 815,221 times
I used to have the bed shaking thing much more than I do now. That and the feeling the bed was floating then slammed back down on the floor. I have all kinds of eerie feelings/thoughts/sensations/hallucinations when I am in that inbetween wake-sleep state. I used to have sleep paralysis a lot and 'waking' to a room full of light and mist.

Things much improved when I started treating my sleep disorders. I used to have nightmares and various hallucinations (such as hearing my name called or seeing someone in my room) to force me to wake up completely. I suspect I wasnt breathing for a long time. (I have apnea that was untreated 2/3 of my life).

I used to have a ghost cat too, anyone else? After my cat died I would feel her jump on the bed and come curl up. Of course she wasnt there. When I got a new cat I still felt it, assumed the real cat had jumped up, only to find nothing but air when I reached out to pet her. I never feared the ghost cat for some reason.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:36 PM

8 posts, read 7,901 times
Nope lol but what happen to me when sleeping is that all of a sudden I wake up and shake as if I saw a nightmare but there is no nightmare. It happens a lot and usually when I'm about to fall asleep.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:29 PM

7,092 posts, read 4,034,767 times
I have had this happen several times, but it hasn't happened in awhile (once it really was an earthquake).

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM

1 posts
Well it all started as my alarm went off for no reason and I went to turn it off but it wouldn’t and so I went to unplug it and it was unplugged but still going off then , the TVs and stuff paused by there self and they turned off by there self too , then I was talking to my bf on phone and my dad was on his phone we was watching a movie together but then my dad says what do u want Haley and I said wdym then he said why did u tap my head so hard I said I didn’t then it go more creepy because we heard banging noises and stuff and my phone was glitching and tv won’t work , then tonight july 30th,2019 12:43a.m I was watching YouTube and next thing I know my bed shakes so hard so I though maybe my dog went under my bed and shakes it well then I thought that was a really hard shake so I looked everywhere and underneath my bed nothing there then I get the cold chills and run I tell my grandma and she said we have to find out if someone died here or not cuz I’m fixing to to a ritual tomorrow I’m scared tonight it’s 1:24a.m rn and can’t sleep after what just happened to me well I hope I helped someone’s question like omg guys I just hear breathing help me plz 略

Old Today, 10:51 AM

659 posts, read 371,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This is an interesting notion. For most all my life, I have occasionally had what I, for lack of a way to better explain it, perceive as a "buzzing" or "humming" sensation at times just as I doze off to sleep. The thing is, the buzzing or humming is not really a sound, it's more of a feeling in my head. It's a sensation. Very hard to put into words.
Yes! I've had that too, usually accompanied by a feeling that
a nightmare was preparing to start.

Sometimes, there's a feeling of pressure against my neck,
like someone is burying their face into it, snuggling me somehow.

Usually, I just roll over, and the feeling disintegrates.

But if it's actually supposed to be the beginning of astral travel,
maybe I'll hang in there next time and see what happens. I don't
really get straight-up nightmares anymore, so maybe it'll be
something else.

-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal