U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:05 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,265,830 times

Advertisements

Hi Bob,

You don't have the abilty to control your dreams if you are "asleep" in your dreams.

However you can control your dream when you become fully lucid.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 10:05 AM

5 posts, read 3,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavr View Post
there is not a night that i do not have dreams. some of them are so vivid i could write a book about it, some are fleeting i could barely connect the dots. whats more interesting is that during the dream i know that i am dreaming. i'd tell myself, im dreaming again. i have come to enjoy my dreams because it's kind of cool. i have read somewhere that dreams are no far from reality and that your five senses are also active. i believe this because i could remember colors. i would also wake up feeling tired if i walked, run in my dream, or feeling pain if i got hurt in my dream etc.

i have two rules regarding my dreams:

1. if i could connect my dream to anything i did, i saw, i came across with etc. during the previous day, i do not think about it too much.
2. if not, then probably it has a hidden meaning like it's telling me something.

so far, this works for me
Dreams are of God or they are of Satan. They convey a message or warning. I am a minister and have lots of dreams and visions. Some are of the flesh, but most have a spiritual significance as they often time reveal the future. Many time God has appeared to me in a cloud or in a storm and has appeared as Jesus his Son. Many times they are about people and they come to pass. Many times I have to get up and pray in order to intercede and to alter the course of the potential threat of Satan by standing in the Gap. Souls are saved from death and destruction. Please accept Jesus' will in your life and submit to his call.!

Old 02-02-2013, 10:39 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,745,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selang View Post
Dreams are of God or they are of Satan. They convey a message or warning. I am a minister and have lots of dreams and visions. Some are of the flesh, but most have a spiritual significance as they often time reveal the future. Many time God has appeared to me in a cloud or in a storm and has appeared as Jesus his Son. Many times they are about people and they come to pass. Many times I have to get up and pray in order to intercede and to alter the course of the potential threat of Satan by standing in the Gap. Souls are saved from death and destruction. Please accept Jesus' will in your life and submit to his call.!
I do not believe that our dreams are provided to us by an external intelligent source. Dreams are all from within the self.
Beings you are a minister, I am not at all surprised that your dreams take on this manner of telling or the settings of your dreams. I do not believe in the Christian god and I for sure do not believe in the devil. I have never ever dreamed of god, the devil or Jesus. I did go back in time once, I was in a town square in some place in the Middle East. Havoc was happening beyond my vision, but word made its way to the square and everyone went into a panic. But that is as close as I have gotten to such things.
I am curious though as to your definitions; these flesh dreams, are you speaking of all dreams that don't have a spiritual message? Because to me an 'of the flesh dream' would be something of a sexual nature.
Oh and let me remind you- it is stated in the sticky at the top of this forum; no prosthelytizing.
I know you are compelled to do so since you are a minister and all, but save your energy. No one here is wanting to convert.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:02 PM

4 posts, read 2,875 times
Hello Everyone,
This is my first time on a site like this so I a bit nervous. I have been vivid dreaming ever since I was a little girl. I could write an entire book on my dreams, but that never seemed to interest me because they come so often. I even thought I was crazy at one point and had a sleep study done because I would tell people my dreams and they wouldn't understand. I know I'm an Empath and I can feel people energy all around me, sometimes I get confused with my own mental well being. When I was 9 I had a dream I fell off a roller coaster at Astro World. For weeks I refused to get back on the ride, but one day I decided to face my fears and get back on the ride. It was shut down for good. So I thought "It was a good thing I didn't get on the ride at all." I dream all the time, even when I'm trying to or don't want to. I've gone into sleep paralysis from my dreams before, when I try to fight it (it gets out of control) when I slip back into my dream I wake up peacefully. When some people talk about lucid dreaming they feel exhilarated. When I touch, feel, taste, smell I feel like my life force has been sucked out of me. I just feel so tired sometimes. Don't get me wrong I love to dream it is amazing! My last dream I want to tell you about is a women you all know as Victoria Beckham. I dreamt she was in a hospital somewhere of asain decent and she was sad. I could feel her pain. Someone came into the room where she was standing and said something to her. She ran down the corridor where all the other sad people were sitting and I followed her. When she finally got where she needed to be there was a small girl and woman waiting for her. She grasped the girl and cried her heart out while the woman hugged Victoria's back. Her son had died or is very ill. While this was happening a song was playing by a man " they were children and they were crying." I had to wake up because I was crying to much on my pillow I couldn't take it anymore. My dreams are often like that. I don't ever follow the tabloids, never even knew her name was Victoria ( I only remembered her as Posh Spice). I told my husband about my dream and asked since when died Posh spice have a kid. He told me he story so I goggled her. Her son has epilepsy. Now I feel like crap for dreaming such a horrible thing.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:00 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by depp_dreamer View Post
Hello Everyone,
This is my first time on a site like this so I a bit nervous. I have been vivid dreaming ever since I was a little girl. I could write an entire book on my dreams, but that never seemed to interest me because they come so often. I even thought I was crazy at one point and had a sleep study done because I would tell people my dreams and they wouldn't understand. I know I'm an Empath and I can feel people energy all around me, sometimes I get confused with my own mental well being. When I was 9 I had a dream I fell off a roller coaster at Astro World. For weeks I refused to get back on the ride, but one day I decided to face my fears and get back on the ride. It was shut down for good. So I thought "It was a good thing I didn't get on the ride at all."
OK is there something about Houston that makes us dream so much? Astro World was in Houston but closed down many years ago.

While growing up in Houston I dreamt like crazy the entire 45 years I lived there. Moved to CA and felt as if my dreaming had stopped...for 2 solid years. Just this year I am beginning to dream like I did in Houston. During those first 2 years of seemingly non dreaming in CA I would visit Houston on the Holidays and dream like crazy! My mom thinks it is due to the big size of Houston with all the electrical devices and electrical wiring. I don't think that is what it is but it is very strange that upon moving to CA the dreams seemed to stop...for 2 years!!!

Houston is also where I had 2 Lucid Dreams! And I woke up full of energy from those dreams.

Maybe you are drained in yours by what Carlos Castaneda calls Dream Scouts. They hook your attention in dreams and steal your energy. How many of us have awoke from a dream drained due to our attention being focused on something in a dream that just sucks us dry energy wise. But what about those dreams that we wake up full of energy...were we the dream scouts in those dreams?

Old 04-05-2013, 12:39 AM

I once talked to someone who explained to me that if we dream alot then we are the sign of the moon. There are some months were we dream stronger then others. August- (I forgot sorry). She told me this year is the year of the moon so that is why the dreams are stronger again. If that makes any sense. I live in Hawaii and I still dream so much. I looked into dream scouts but I could not find much or I just don't understand that well. Are they good or bad? I talked to someone about my dreams and I was told to pray and ground myself before I go to sleep to protect my emotions. I don't have a problem with that but I would like to understand from what.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:46 AM

Sorry for that long post buy maybe you are the sign of the moon. I strongly feel it in my gut by just talking to you. If that dose not sound weird. I normally follow my instinct.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp_dreamer View Post
Sorry for that long post buy maybe you are the sign of the moon. I strongly feel it in my gut by just talking to you. If that dose not sound weird. I normally follow my instinct.

This is what my name means...In Roman mythology, Diana (lt. "heavenly" or "divine") was the goddess of the hunt, the moon and birthing, being associated with wild animals and woodland, and having the power to talk to and control animals. She was equated with the Greek goddess Artemis, though she had an independent origin in Italy. Diana was worshipped in ancient Roman religion and is revered in Roman Neopaganism and Stregheria. Dianic Wicca, a largely feminist form of the practice, is named for her. Diana was known to be the virgin goddess of childbirth and women. She was one of the three maiden goddesses, Diana, Minerva and Vesta, who swore never to marry.

Have you ever lived in Houston?
  • I have never heard about dream scouts until I read The Art of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneda.
  • The book is a bit odd but very interesting and much makes sense to me.
This was long ago and far away but instantly I could identify and understand what Carlos was talking about.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:42 AM

23,572 posts, read 24,710,201 times
I too thought that I dreamed a lot but it turns out after all that I am generally awake and that these are actually hallucinations, so as long as I don't do what they tell me to do everything should be OK from here on out

Old 04-05-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I too thought that I dreamed a lot but it turns out after all that I am generally awake and that these are actually hallucinations, so as long as I don't do what they tell me to do everything should be OK from here on out
Glad you find yourself entertaining.

Many people thinkt that they don't dream...but the reality is they just don't remember their dreams. Everyone dreams when they hit deep REM sleep.

Many folks don't understand that there are people out there who dream a lot and there are people who can induce deep levels of Lucid Dreams easily...I am very envious of them.

That is certainly one of my life goals...to Lucid Dream anytime I am in deep REM sleeping and dreaming. I am thankful that I have experienced Lucid Dreaming. It is very interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal