U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 08:47 PM

4 posts, read 2,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
This is what my name means...In Roman mythology, Diana (lt. "heavenly" or "divine") was the goddess of the hunt, the moon and birthing, being associated with wild animals and woodland, and having the power to talk to and control animals. She was equated with the Greek goddess Artemis, though she had an independent origin in Italy. Diana was worshipped in ancient Roman religion and is revered in Roman Neopaganism and Stregheria. Dianic Wicca, a largely feminist form of the practice, is named for her. Diana was known to be the virgin goddess of childbirth and women. She was one of the three maiden goddesses, Diana, Minerva and Vesta, who swore never to marry.

Have you ever lived in Houston?
  • I have never heard about dream scouts until I read The Art of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneda.
  • The book is a bit odd but very interesting and much makes sense to me.
This was long ago and far away but instantly I could identify and understand what Carlos was talking about.
Wow your name is very awesome! Not to sound like a tool but I have to stop myself from feeling envious sometimes of wishing my personality was more like others. You see Im more behind the scenes. Im stronger when I put on a mask and talk about my true feelings or have a pen a paper, but when people actually see me I choke. Ive been working on my people skills im just more comfortable this way. When I let you in my circle I wont shut up. Lol. Sometimes I dont listen to people energy and Ill let them abuse my kindess. Thank you for the “The Art of Dreaming” I shall be reading it in between school work. Yes, I lived in Houston years ago before I entered the service. Would love to see how much it has changed.

This is what my name means and its a splitting image of me. In Latin it means of the angels.
You have a clever, quick, analytical mind, but you suffer with a great deal of self-consciousness, lack of confidence, and much aloneness because of misunderstandings.
· Your idealistic and sensitive nature gives you a deep appreciation for the finer things of life and a strong desire to be of service to humanity.
· There are times when you experience inner turbulence at your inability to say what you mean.
· It is far easier for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally.
· You find pleasure in literature, in poetry, and in your ideals and will turn to them when you feel you have been misunderstood.
· You are deeply moved by the beauties of life, especially nature.
· Because your feelings run deep, you must guard against the ups and downs, being very inspired one minute, then moody, reserved, and depressed the next.
· Your reactions to people vary according to how you feel.
· You tend to be secretive and noncommittal about private matters, yet at times you will talk effusively in order to hide your self-consciousness or to lead others away from personal subjects.
· You are inspired by encouragement from others, yet suspicious of their intent.
· You crave affection but seldom find anyone who understands your nature.
· Physical weaknesses would show in your heart, lungs, or bronchial organs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,293,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by depp_dreamer View Post
Wow your name is very awesome! Not to sound like a tool but I have to stop myself from feeling envious sometimes of wishing my personality was more like others. You see Im more behind the scenes. Im stronger when I put on a mask and talk about my true feelings or have a pen a paper, but when people actually see me I choke. Ive been working on my people skills im just more comfortable this way. When I let you in my circle I wont shut up. Lol. Sometimes I dont listen to people energy and Ill let them abuse my kindess. Thank you for the “The Art of Dreaming” I shall be reading it in between school work. Yes, I lived in Houston years ago before I entered the service. Would love to see how much it has changed.

This is what my name means and its a splitting image of me. In Latin it means of the angels.
You have a clever, quick, analytical mind, but you suffer with a great deal of self-consciousness, lack of confidence, and much aloneness because of misunderstandings.
· Your idealistic and sensitive nature gives you a deep appreciation for the finer things of life and a strong desire to be of service to humanity.
· There are times when you experience inner turbulence at your inability to say what you mean.
· It is far easier for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally.
· You find pleasure in literature, in poetry, and in your ideals and will turn to them when you feel you have been misunderstood.
· You are deeply moved by the beauties of life, especially nature.
· Because your feelings run deep, you must guard against the ups and downs, being very inspired one minute, then moody, reserved, and depressed the next.
· Your reactions to people vary according to how you feel.
· You tend to be secretive and noncommittal about private matters, yet at times you will talk effusively in order to hide your self-consciousness or to lead others away from personal subjects.
· You are inspired by encouragement from others, yet suspicious of their intent.
· You crave affection but seldom find anyone who understands your nature.
· Physical weaknesses would show in your heart, lungs, or bronchial organs.
Wow that is a very interesting insight about yourself.

I am not reserved but certainly choose wisely who I allow into my world. I am also very misunderstood by the average human but very well understood by the earthbound misfits and non-average humans. Unfortunately I am a human magnet however I am used to it by now and it does not bother me.

What branch of the service are you in?

Also have you ever read any Lucid Dreaming books that teach you how to become a Lucid Dreamer? People with our ability of dreaming make the best candidates.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:42 PM

1,032 posts, read 1,632,959 times
I've had super vivid dreams for as far back as I can remember. They can be described as super HD with a crystal clear picture. They are very involved, when I die in one, I just become another character in the movie. Sometimes I'm not in the movie, but am watching what goes on, and at times even drifting into one of the character's "bodies", then drifting out again.
Through the decades I've often found myself in dream locations where I've never been, places I've never seen.
It's been interesting, but I have to say, dreaming so much would leave me exhausted, and sometimes in physical pain when I awoke in the morning. I'd often find myself in the exact same position I was in when I fell asleep.
As I've gotten older, I've found myself waking up several times a night. A few times, upon awakening the second or third time during the night, I'd come out of the same dream I had been dreaming 2 hours earlier, same place, same people, just further along in plot.

I did find something that helped me dream less though. It was vitamin D3, which is kind of funny, because apparently most people find that large doses of D3 make them dream more, instead of less. Weird.

I want to tell you about something that happened a few weeks ago.

My husband was tired, and went to bed early. I've had a hard time falling asleep ever since I was a child, and discovered that if I follow a certain routine, I'll have an easier time falling asleep, so I decided to get comfy and sleep in the guest room that night.

I felt that I had only been asleep for a few minutes when I heard the bedroom door softly open. I didn't want to get in a conversation with my husband about why I was sleeping in the guest room, and have to start my going to sleep routine all over again, so I pretended to be sound asleep.

I heard my husband walk into the room, and go around to the other side of the bed. This is weird, I thought, and I realized it was not my husband. From the odd scruffling sound as it moved, and the heavy breathing, I knew it wasn't my husband and I was terrified. I lay there, perfectly still, like one would when faced by a predator, hoping it will ignore you and move on.

After several minutes, I felt that it was gone, but I was still afraid to move. It's like that fear you had as a child, that there was a monster under your bed, and if you got out of bed to run to mom, it would grab your foot and pull you under.

Funny thing, I knew there hadn't been any monster in my guestroom, same as I knew as a kid that there wasn't anything under the bed or in the closet, but I was scared stiff anyway, literally.
Eventually I reached my arm out to turn on the bedside lamp. I turned the knob, but the light wouldn't go on. I desperately needed some light to disperse my fears. I groped further, because the wall switch was somewhere just above the lamp, but my fingers just kept touching a smooth wall.

Then I woke up. The whole time I thought I was awake, I wasn't.

Whenever I have a truly, truly weird dream, if I think about it, I can find the triggers from things I'd seen, heard, or thought during the day, and sounds that occurred during the night. They're often very small subtle things. Put them together with a wild and strong imagination and you get some lulu dreams.

The monster in the bedroom dream was partially because I had watched Grimm that evening, a demon was mentioned in the show. Before I went to sleep I remembered another weird dream I'd had when I slept in the guest room because I was very sick with a high fever. It had involved my husband coming into the room while I was asleep. Another trigger for the monster and his heavy loud breathing was my own breathing. My husband says that at times I breathe very deeply and loudly and may even moan in my sleep. He says it's annoying. Of course, he never makes annoying noises in his sleep or snore or anything like that.

That reminds me of the night after we watched a movie about man eating lions in Africa.
My husband was snoring loudly that night, and I couldn't stand it, so I dragged myself to the spare room. We didn't have a bed in there at the time, so I threw a couple of quilts on the floor and went to sleep on them.
Later I awoke to feel the raspy tongue of a lion licking my foot. Okay, I awoke after I felt the lion licking my foot. Do lions have raspy tongues? I don't know, and I never want to find out.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:47 AM

301 posts, read 283,239 times
I've already written about it in another thread, I have dreams with a lot of action and they also come to me every night.
I do realize I am sleeping sometimes, then I try to change the scenario and go somewhere trying to make the dream go not the way it was planning to go. But I noticed that whenever I try to do that I meet invisible barriers on my way. It's like in a video game, when you are pushing your "ahead" button but the character just keeps running on that same place not moving anywhere. But I'm anyway trying and it feels really nice when you realize you're sleeping so that nothing bad and scary can really happen to you.

Old 08-06-2013, 05:36 PM

861 posts, read 1,301,051 times
Everyone dreams. Even blind people dream. You just happen to remember your dreams better than most people.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:07 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,293,262 times
^ Spot on! Everybody dreams...and some folks have the ability to recall them easily and others do not.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:00 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,782,953 times
Diet can be a key factor with our dreaming.
Something in tomatoes effects quite a few people. They end up with thier own type of dream themes when having had pizza or pasta.
B12 effects the different levels of sleep. B12 keeps one at the dream level longer than what is normal.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 517 times
This morning I was sitting in the living room talking to my husband. I stood up to go to the kitchen when a drop of water fell on the top/outside of my left arm. It was a wet streak of water about three inches long, but not runny. It held its form. I then touched it to feel that it was in fact water and touching it spread it out and I wiped it off and into my skin. The ceiling was day above, thus, it was as if the water came from nowhere. I would like to know why this happened. Is it a message, etc?

Old 07-26-2014, 11:00 PM

1,860 posts, read 797,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I disagree with this. On many a night I have slept 8 solid hours and during those 8 hours I have had the most intense vivid action packed dreams. Dream scouts draining my enerygy all night long. I wake up mentally exhausted even though I was alseep for 8 hours.

It is important to learn to control dreams in order to recognize when a dream scout has snagged your attention as well as to avoid letting it happen. Once it happnes you lose all control of the dream and a lot of your energy goes with it.
I agree with you on this too.. There are nights where I will sleep 7 hours and not dream much and I feel pretty good.. Then there are nights where I sleep 9 hours and have these ridiculous vivid dreams the last 4 hours or so of my sleeping and I wake up mentally exhausted and am really slow to get going.. The worst nights are where I would only get 5 hours of sleep and have vivid dreams and really feel exhausted. Whenever I take melatonin it enhances my crazy dreams too

Old 07-27-2014, 10:27 AM

5,576 posts, read 4,008,826 times
I dream almost every night-let me rephrase that. I REMEMBER my dreams almost every night. Some more vivid than others. I can remember some of my dreams that I had when I was a kid. I can usually tell which dreams are trying to tell me something and which ones are just a reflection of what is happening in my life. Some (to me anyway) are just entertaining. When I wake up, I try to recall my dream. Sometimes I can't. Sometimes they are just fleeting images.

My husband, on the other hand, rarely remembers his. In fact, I think I remember his dreams better than he does. He hasn't done this lately but he would talk in his sleep. I am terrible because when he does, I talk back to him trying to get him to continue to tell me what he is dreaming. I told him just a few days ago that he hasn't talked in his sleep in a long time. Actually, I don't think he has since he retired which tells me that he did it because of stress.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal