Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 05:49 AM

987 posts, read 1,385,554 times

Advertisements

I'm not an expert, but I came to the conclusion that dreams are just figments of our imagination during a deep sleep and there's no real truth in them! I also talk loudly in my sleep and sometimes I wake abuptly from them and remember what I dreamt of and if it's a good dream, I try to go back to sleep hoping I can continue the dream, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I just accept my dreams for what they are and don't ponder too much in what they may mean wether they're enjoyable dreams or not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 05:50 AM

15 posts, read 34,674 times
interestingly, when i told my sister about this she said she could never recall ever dreaming, and went as far as saying that probably she could not dream at all, which i highly doubt.

lp09, what's my sign got to do with this?

Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavr View Post
interestingly, when i told my sister about this she said she could never recall ever dreaming, and went as far as saying that probably she could not dream at all, which i highly doubt.

Everyone dreams, not everyone can remember them, but they still dream.
Many dreams as vivid dreams can be natural for some people, my dreaming has cycles. I have a short period of time when I am 'dreamless'. And then the time where I wake up and can recall the last three dreams.
This sort of vivid dreaming can also be brought on by certain foods and diet. B12 is known for its effects on the sleeping mind.

And I also wanted to know what a person's sun sign has to do with it.
The Moon sign is more directly connected to dreaming than the Sun

Old 01-13-2013, 11:10 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,875,941 times
Quote:
there is not a night that i do not have dreams.
The average person has 3 to 5 dreams per night during the REM sleep phase. 95% of dreams are not remmembered, usually one does remember them if they are waken up immediately following the dream. Everyone dreams, including all mammal species.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:30 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,397,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Sensitive to what?

What do you mean by looking for a space able to contain step by step evolution?

Sensitive to all the events that characterize their daily lives, according to some analysts, this is an existential difficulty, during the rest of the body, the brain tends to balance it, it is a truth that after a good night's sleep everybody feel better

Old 01-13-2013, 12:56 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,443,487 times
Quote:

Buy her a dream nova and she will be awakened everytime she is dreaming in REM sleep.

The NovaDreamer Lucid Dream Induction Device

Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Your not sleeping in a deep sleep. You are a light sleeper and dreams happen in the rem stage.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
Sensitive to all the events that characterize their daily lives, according to some analysts, this is an existential difficulty, during the rest of the body, the brain tends to balance it, it is a truth that after a good night's sleep everybody feel better
I disagree with this. On many a night I have slept 8 solid hours and during those 8 hours I have had the most intense vivid action packed dreams. Dream scouts draining my enerygy all night long. I wake up mentally exhausted even though I was alseep for 8 hours.

It is important to learn to control dreams in order to recognize when a dream scout has snagged your attention as well as to avoid letting it happen. Once it happnes you lose all control of the dream and a lot of your energy goes with it.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:16 PM

726 posts, read 1,228,574 times
Dreams are not separate from the waking self. It is the waking self that separates itself from the dream self. To your dream/self you are asleep.

The "ego" tries to translate the info that "bleeds" through in it's "limited" framework, and comes up with "memories"....of the sleepers events.
At best dreams are what life is made of. Enjoy

Old 01-13-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmuse View Post
Dreams are not separate from the waking self. It is the waking self that separates itself from the dream self. To your dream/self you are asleep.

The "ego" tries to translate the info that "bleeds" through in it's "limited" framework, and comes up with "memories"....of the sleepers events.
At best dreams are what life is made of. Enjoy
Please break this down for us

Dreams are indeed separate from the waking self. I dream of lands and people that I have never been to or have met in my waking self. I dream of outer space places that I have been to but never been to in my waking self.

Not my dreams! My dreams are not made up of what life is made up of...actually just the opposite.

Perhaps your dreams are what you just described but my dreams are nowhere near what you just described.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal