Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 11:17 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Ok I found a review of all of the Lucid Dream Masks and it is true that the Remee does not detect when you are in REM. Looks like I will be waiting for NovaDreamer2 to come out!

Comparing Remee with NovaDreamer 2 and other lucid dreaming masks | dream studies portal
This was VERY interesting, thank you so much for this!! I honestly didn't know that different masks helped wake you during REM to aid in remembering and others were geared more toward triggering lucid dreams...I thought they all did both. Since remembering is what I'm most interested in, I definitely don't want the Remee!

Can I ask...did you find your experiences with the Novadreamer did help your recall? Did you have any problems with being woken 'mid-dream'?

I may have to find an old Novadreamer on sale on ebay though...it seems like the new version has been 'in production' for quite a long time and I'm worried it'll never be made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
This was VERY interesting, thank you so much for this!! I honestly didn't know that different masks helped wake you during REM to aid in remembering and others were geared more toward triggering lucid dreams...I thought they all did both. Since remembering is what I'm most interested in, I definitely don't want the Remee!

Can I ask...did you find your experiences with the Novadreamer did help your recall? Did you have any problems with being woken 'mid-dream'?

I may have to find an old Novadreamer on sale on ebay though...it seems like the new version has been 'in production' for quite a long time and I'm worried it'll never be made.
Yes the dream recall was so amazing. I would keep a tape recorder beside my bed since you are awakened every time you hit deep REM. (or maybe right after your REM stops) I did not want to have to get up in the middle of the night and write out my dreams. Instead I would just record it and drift off to sleep to be awakened again once I hit REM. I always had a dream to record. One night I must have been very tired because in the morning I played back my tape and had no recollection of the dream I had recorded. But you will always have a dream to record once it wakes you.

Did it wake me in mid dream? That is interesting since I don't think it did. I always had a long detailed dream to record. Maybe it detects when I am in REM and as soon as the REM stops the lights flash to wake you up. I bet that is how it works.

I heard the new NovaDreamer2 is supposed to come out this year! I can't wait!!!

I am sure it will be very new and improved...although the old one that I used worked great.

You can get on their mailing list to be alerted when it comes out. Details of when are to be released in their next news letter.

Here is part of the email that was sent to me today...

Thank you for your interest and inquiry.For the past few years, we have been using the new NovaDreamer2 at our Dreaming and Awakening workshops. At present, we are are looking into production/manufacturing costs and will include an update in the next issue of our newsletter "Lucidity Flashes". To be assured of receiving news from The Lucidity Institute, we invite you to sign onto our mailing list if you've not already done so.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:38 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
It's more that narrative framing devices are very common for me. If it isn't a theater, I'll be 'reading' the dream out of a book or a comic. I also commonly have an actual narrator speaking about the ongoing events. There's also usually plot devices...like foreshadowing, flashbacks, or switching of POV between characters. I basically dream in stories that are recognizably stories.
Now that is one for the books. How very interesting how your dreams have such aspects for telling.
I worked with an engineer, he was a physics math guy. He told me his dreams where all symbols and stick figures. I would love to see a video of that.

Each of those ways of presentation, reading, narration and such I'm sure adds to the whole meaning of the dream/s. A shift from narration to 3rd person has meaning or significance. Being in third person may indicate a need for 'being in another's shoes' or invites you to do some reflection or introspection. Perhaps its the transition in the whole of the story from one subject to another, a change in the visual conversation. So one dream could be addressing different things but lumps it all together.
Not all my books are with me, but I have a few I can look to and see what they might say about narrative dreams. I know some of my books do, just not sure which ones.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:46 AM

5 posts, read 3,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I often have dreams that leave me scared and thinking, i always remember my dreams.

Some of them are really scary, like the one i had yesterday. Does anyone know how to interpretate dreams here?

Last night i had a terrible dream, about my hair. I have long, abundant, brunnette hair, i like my hair, i take care of my hair. But in my dream, it was falling, A LOT, so much that part of my head were completely bold and i had go buy a wig cause my head was turning bald!! The thought of the hair falling that much and the moment i looked in a mirror and saw i was almost bald was TERRIBLE . I felt really bad after waking up.

What could this mean?
I am a minister. Dreams and there interpretation are in the Bible. The words that are interpreted in the Bible are the same with dreams not in the Bible. Samson and David's son Absalom and others had long beautiful hair. The hear is a sign of their strength as well as their beauty. If the hair is falling out and you are balding, this means that you are worried about something and Satan is trying to sap you of your strength by bringing a nervous condition upon you or some other illness to destroy you. God is not the author of fear, but he will show you what Satan is trying to do. You are a woman of dreams and visions and God's hand is upon you and Satan knows he must destroy you before you realize your potential and your call by Jesus!

Old 05-31-2013, 01:56 AM

1 posts, read 578 times
I was wondering if anyone could help me with an interpretation of a bizarre dream I had recently. I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere else.

I had a dream that my best friend's ex-boyfriend was getting married and she and I were catering his wedding. In the dream he and I also had sex several times at my best friend's house on the day of his wedding. There was never any attraction between the two of us and I haven't seen or talked to him in over 5 years so I totally confused by what this dream could mean.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:20 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamanda View Post
I was wondering if anyone could help me with an interpretation of a bizarre dream I had recently. I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere else.

I had a dream that my best friend's ex-boyfriend was getting married and she and I were catering his wedding. In the dream he and I also had sex several times at my best friend's house on the day of his wedding. There was never any attraction between the two of us and I haven't seen or talked to him in over 5 years so I totally confused by what this dream could mean.
People often make the mistake of approaching a dream's meaning from a literal perspective.
This is not the case with most dreams.
To me this sounds like a jealousy or wishful thinking dream. Your friend has a life and things that you wish you could have.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:38 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Or that you are "being screwed" by...something that the friend's ex represents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal