Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,128 times

Advertisements

i am a land lord and a 26 year old girl died in the house in her sleep. when I have worked in the house after that I feel a strong presence and a few strange things have happened. its when I move a tenant in it goes wrong. I have had 3 tenets over the past 5 years and they all end up either splitting up, going to jail or doing things that's not in there character .
we always have electrical problems and the bathroom light constantly breaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 12:33 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
they should mention it IMO, but they may keep it a secret in case it ruins a rental or sale. I don't have any problem with it but many people do and people should have the choice whether or not they want to live in a house where someone died.

Selling a piece of real estate is about the physical condition, deed, etc. of the property, not the personal lives of its former inhabitants. If you don't want to live in property where someone has died, only buy a new property where you are the first resident.

Silliness abounds but there is no reason the real estate industry should cater to it.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:39 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
I saw a Property Brothers once where they told a potential buyer that the house had been used for an illegal marijuana grow operation, which is why they would be getting the home and its location so cheap.

The older a property, the more potential for deaths there. Ghostbusters was staged with NYC as the backdrop. In thinking on it, its a heavily populated city that dates back a few hundred years. Easily crawling with ghosts.

I have to admit that living near a graveyard would creep me out, but look at England. They have people buried all over the place. They are finding almost forgotten Kings buried in parking lots, lol. Generations of families are buried in churches right under the pews. For any structure dating back hundreds of years there is the potential for multiple deaths.

I'm sure a realtor needs to disclose any known facts about a property if the potential buyer/renter bothers to ask. I'm not sure if you don't bother to ask if they have to tell.

My home was originally built in the 1940's. There is a rumor that a worker fell and died during construction. Thirty years passed before my family bought the property, and I know of five people that were residents and died while we owned the house. I don't feel cold or unwelcome here, but 3 of the 5 were family members.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:20 PM

727 posts, read 151,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat
People die at home quite frequently. Not an issue, unless it was a tragic death.
Quite often when people die in thier house they are STUCK THERE and cant leave.... (Thier spirit)

A friend of mine moved into a house where a guy lived (Ronald) and he drunk himself to death one day..... His spirit roams the house! (They had all kinds of stuff happen (Especially downstairs))

When they lived there the dogs kept barking as they sensed him in the room,etc.........

When they moved out of the house the back door was not there as it was being repaired.... I missed them and went over one evening and went inside and I was crying (I really missed Chris and Nicki (friends)) and I was talking to Ronalds spirit...... I wonder if he was right there that night right then.........

Poor guy...... No one there and drinking until you die

Old 07-24-2018, 12:53 PM

855 posts, read 624,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
If places were "haunted" just because people died there of natural causes, imagine how "haunted" the hospital would be!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
True, but few spirits would have a personal attachment to a hospital in the same way they would to a house. I think it's possible that spirits can get caught or lost on the way to the light in transitional places such as hospitals and nursing homes, though. But I don't think they are usually occupied or haunted in the same way homes are.
I agree.

I recently read through a long thread over on allnurses.com's
forum regarding nursing ghost stories (the link to it having been
posted in this subforum awhile back). After reading that, I have
no doubt that hospitals are very haunted because of all the
deaths that occur there, but the spirits there are on their way
somewhere, like people at the airport or train station. Lots of
them, all over the place, but just passing through as they
depart. The only ones that seem to linger are those who might
have worked there and therefore had grown attached that way.

-

Old 07-24-2018, 01:18 PM

859 posts, read 705,742 times
Everything was OK with your new flat until the girl came and told you that an old lady had died in her home. I guess, all the negative feelings you have and the presence you started feel was coming from the fear of knowing the fact you didn't expect. Fear could make you interpret any less normal movement to the old woman. If the girl didn't tell you, I think every thing would be fine and all right. I don't know why do some people have a negative impression to live in a place where someone died in it normally or for natural reasons, and especially if the person who died in his home was a good person, for instance, Just because someone died in his home doesn't make home bad or hunted. But I can understand the feeling of fear and uncomfortable if you knew that. I imagine if I were in such position, I will have the same feeling. So it's better not to know in this situation.

I see this issue from different corner. I take it from the positive corner, actually. Imagine someone was known as really good human and did good things in his life and happened to die in his home normally, I think this would give his home sort of blessing. It's like the good one when he dies and buried in a place. If someone was great human and did good things in his life then died. If his body was buried in someplace, this gives whole area kind of blessing. If there is anything bad about to happen like earthquakes, storms ...etc. God could prevent it only for honoring that person who buried in that spot. People usually don't realize or think about this as a hidden reason, when something bad happened like storm,as example, and reached to the other and about to reach them but surprisingly, the storm changed its way. It's real. At least, in my belief. NOT the only reason but could be one of the reasons that belong to hidden reasons. I think as bad behaviors could affect on a place by someway, good things also will have a positive affection on a place.

About homes that known as "Hunted," I think from the morality side, the seller supposed to tell the purchaser about it. IF HE KNEW and didn't tell, I consider this kind of "cheating" especially that the buyer might not be able to sue him because they might not believe in this issue or able to prove it with physical evidences. Not only this, any faults in the house, the seller supposed not to hide it. Give the buyer the advantages and disadvantages of the house and let him decide whether he wants to buy it or not.

There is something grabbed my attention in the comments, some people include the OP said that they found a passport that belong to the deceased old lady and other found other stuff like photos to the people who had lived in their homes before. I really can't understand how you could find these stuff in their home! why there is no body checked on their homes and took these stuff before your living. If they have a family, these stuff supposed to be taken by their family members, relatives, grandsons...etc. but not to be left at home. And also, don't throw anything of these stuff. I think their grandsons will be happy if they found their parents photos with their grandparents.
Furthermore, If we think a little bit far, some times, they could leave important papers, documents or writings through these memories. If one of their children were adopted, as example, he could find something directed him to his bio family. I read some real and surprised stories came from those left stuff.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:40 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachthor View Post
I believe in Canada they don't "need" to mention it unless it was a violent end....like a murder or something like that. Natural causes/drug related I don't think they are legally entitled to...I may be wrong. Whenever I ask about a house, I always ask WHY the seller is selling....I was told the Mr had passed away. It wasn't until I was talking to neighbours that I found out the actual circumstances...
Yes, I would say that a violent death in a house is very different from someone dying peacefully in their sleep, which is fairly common. If all those houses were eliminated from the market, or tagged as "jinxed", it could amount to a significant percentage of the available real estate. I guess this is a good cautionary note, to maybe have any new place you move into smudged, if it's an older home?

Old 07-24-2018, 02:53 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,051,409 times
My DH died in the living room of our winter condo (rented). I stayed there the rest of the winter and the next two winters and did not have any weird experiences.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:48 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Renters and potential home buyers should be made aware of ALL in home deaths. They have the right to know.
My son recently found out about an OD that occurred 5yrs ago in the home hes rented for two yrs. Boy are his beliefs changing. OD drug related deaths and suicides where negative energy and unhappiness resided; smudging wouldnt do it. No thank you.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:11 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,106,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
I agree.

I recently read through a long thread over on allnurses.com's
forum regarding nursing ghost stories (the link to it having been
posted in this subforum awhile back). After reading that, I have
no doubt that hospitals are very haunted because of all the
deaths that occur there, but the spirits there are on their way
somewhere, like people at the airport or train station. Lots of
them, all over the place, but just passing through as they
depart. The only ones that seem to linger are those who might
have worked there and therefore had grown attached that way.

-
I often thought about that when I was hospitalized for a week due to a staph infection in 2016. Had the tv on all night and even had my laptop brought into finish some coursework to get my mind off. I mean, who knows who and how many people could've passed in that very room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal