Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 02:39 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times

Advertisements

I started reading this website a couple of years ago and appreciate the authors unbiased scientific analysis of UFO reports and the methods (or lack thereof) of the UFO experts who analyze these incidents....

It's astounding the shoddy analysis the UFO experts do when investigating a UFO report...

This is the opening post of the author:

Quote:
This web site is dedicated to the Skeptical UFO Newsletter I started on May 1, 2009. SUNlite, as I call it, is dedicated to the skeptical information and opinions regarding Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs). In 2003, Phil Klass ended his publication of SUN due to his failing health. In an effort to fill the void left behind, I have decided to endeavor in producing this newsletter. I want to encourage submissions for the newsletter from fellow skeptics and UFO proponents alike. All articles should be skeptical of claims that UFOs are alien spaceships because that is what this newsletter is about. I have no desire to present conspiracy theories I do not agree with or to make great leaps that, because a UFO can not be explained, it is an alien spaceship. The first day of the month of issue is when to check the site for the latest issue. It should be there but if it isn't check back in a few days. I may be too busy or sidetracked. Any articles or comments should be directed to my email address tprinty_comcast.net (substitute the _ with the "at" symbol). Many thanks to those providing input and assistance for the newsletter.
SUNlite

I promise you if you take the time to read through the issues posted you will come away and look at UFO reports with a totally different outlook....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
It's impossible to separate the information from the disinformation on UFOs. Any serious discussion of the phenomenon is instantly labeled as delusional.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:45 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's impossible to separate the information from the disinformation on UFOs. Any serious discussion of the phenomenon is instantly labeled as delusional.
Read some of the articles and see how he goes about researching a UFO sighting and you'll see just how childish and amateur the UFO "experts" are.....

He does discuss (amongst many others):

~ Rendlesham Forest
~ Roswell
~ London
~ Chicago
~ Camp Hood

Old 01-24-2013, 09:18 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
I just started to read a selection chosen at random. A lot of gabbing and extraneous chatter must be put up with before anything of substance is said. I really did not have patience with all that rambling. Most times when I read babbling on like this I think the person has a tremendous ego and believes the reader should be hanging on every word.

The laugh is, he mentions that his reports are so long that he had to compress them. Well, he could edit out at least half of the dialog and not lose anything of value, in my opinion.

Sorry, I am too old and life is too short to waste time on this site.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:47 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,222,091 times
I personally believe the UFO phenomena is real and extraterrestrial. Even though no scientific proof has been presented, there is enough evidence based on unexplained circumstances in some cases and witness testimony from people who were in high positions. The problem is that truth is mixed up with lies and disinformation so its very difficult to pick out which parts of it are true. I do find it interesting that there are striking parallels between the UFO phenomena and ancient text/biblical scripture. Ezekiel in the Bible describes seeing glowing metal wheels in the sky with creatures that have the likeness of man. Ezekiel said the wheels moved like flashes of lightening and goes on to say the wheels have "eyes all around them" (port holes). The book of Genesis and other scripture in the bible talks about fallen angels mating with human women creating a mixed offspring called the Nephilim. That parallels with todays alien abduction stories.

"Ezekiel Saw the Wheel way up in the middle of the air"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUt7JGU9sq4

UFO cases are hard to prove because much of it is based on fuzzy photos and someone's word. But one case is unexplained til this day and it points to an extraterrestrial craft. The incident took place near Los Angeles in 1942, called "the battle of Los Angeles". A large object was spotted in the sky which got the Army's attention. The Army fired thousands of rounds of ammo at the object (direct hits) and the object could no be shot down. It made headlines in the Los Angeles times with a photo of it taken by the newspaper. The photo shows the Army shining spot lights at the object while they fired shots. The army's final explanation is that it was a weather balloon. Hard to understand how thousands of rounds of direct hits can't shoot down a weather balloon. The object appears to be saucer shaped.

photo from the Los Angeles Times
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-otBYUIyN0H...geles_1942.jpg

I think many ancient myths/text/biblical scripture was based on the UFO/ET phenomena. A lot of it was documented in carvings, statues and cave paintings like the photo believe. The beings in the ancient cave paintings look like alien greys.

http://kylebstiff.files.wordpress.co...aintings-2.jpg

Then there is testimony about ancient artificial construction on the far side of the moon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPUCDwkiNQw

There are a number of reasons for a cover-up. Economic reasons for one. Introducing technology thousands of years ahead of us would be a shock to the global economy. How would the energy companies make money if we had free energy. A lot of elements from our technology would become obsolete over night leading to massive job loss all across the world. Secondly, religion. There may be a truth which would shatter the foundations of the world's great religions or at least alter our perceptions of these religions in a profound way. But the biggest reason for the cover up, which has been echoed by a number of whistle blowers who were in high levels of government, is that its about who we are, how we got here and where we are going, not about ET. Apparently there is a profound connection between the UFO phenomena and human origins.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 01-30-2013 at 11:27 AM..

Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
What I never get about the whole UFO phenomenon is why there seem to be so many different shapes and designs? If they are in fact machines of some sort, then form usually follows function and manufacturing dictates some repetition, so there will usually be certain recurring design characteristics. But the look of these things always seems to be all over the map... what gives? In fact have there ever been any pics of any two UFOs that are the same design... or are little green men just continually knocking out idiosyncratic ''one-off'' UFO's in their garage somewhere?

Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
We will find out some day.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,900,844 times
I'll believe it when I see a UFO. Until then, I shall reserve judgment...

Old 02-12-2013, 06:05 AM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Quote:
What I never get about the whole UFO phenomenon is why there seem to be so many different shapes and designs? If they are in fact machines of some sort, then form usually follows function and manufacturing dictates some repetition, so there will usually be certain recurring design characteristics. But the look of these things always seems to be all over the map... what gives? In fact have there ever been any pics of any two UFOs that are the same design... or are little green men just continually knocking out idiosyncratic ''one-off'' UFO's in their garage somewhere?
Tell me something - If you could create anything you wanted out of thin air, would you make the same as the next man? Most people would not and would create something unique to themselves.

We are looking at these phenomena as if they abide by our rules of physics and as is they abiide by our KNOWN rules of how our 3D world works. If your civilisation has been around and constantly developing technology for millions of years, you are not going to be stuck with jet engines.

IF there are aliens out there, it is really scary to think that they are going to have technology far, far, far more advanced than ours and they will understand a lot of how the Universe hangs together. Now... do we understand this? No, not at all.

I think most of the stuff out there is ours and our secret black projects. The stuff that is not ours is probably not even made with solid matter.

Of course, this is all speculation, but we have to start to think in terms of wild sci-fi not 50 years ahead of now.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:16 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Even the ''too advanced for us to understand'' excuse has its limitations. Am saying that if UFO's are indeed some type of craft or vehicle, then obviously their occupants are still bound by the laws of physics and some notion of ''reality'', no matter how technologically 'advanced'. Otherwise they would just ''wish'' themselves wherever they wanna go, instead of depending on some mechanical conveyance equipped with flashing lights, radioactivity, EMP bursts, portholes, doors, etc. (at least according to many reports).

And if it does function as a conveyance, then the design still has to serve that... or else it might as well look like a spaghetti monster, or an elf or a bag of Doritos! In fact even elf sightings have a more consistent appearance than UFO's, and they're not even ''mechanical''!

BTW, it's not just the lack of mechanical consistency that bothers me, it's also the aesthetics of the designs. How come such ''advanced'' technology and designs often look like anything but? Heck, I can think of salad bowls and hubcaps that look less ugly and ungainly than some of these things!

Last edited by mateo45; 02-12-2013 at 07:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal