Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 04:31 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with Calea zacatechichi?

A friend recently mentioned it to me as a dream herb that is supposed to help induce lucid dreams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 07:51 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
I've had about 10 in my lifetime. In the first one I was in a beautiful green park and the colors were amazing--I couldn't get enough of just looking and I kept thinking that I knew I was asleep but didn't want to wake up yet. If that's what heaven is like, I'm ready Lord.

Had another amazing one years later where a woman died and I scooped up her soul and took her to heaven--even got to go thru the tunnel, which was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen--ever.

One dream I had came after a couple of weeks of keeping a dream journal but then I had a big fight with my then-husband (that was the night I had the lucid dream) and shortly after that he asked for a divorce (real life stuff here) so that put an end to my journaling. Then I just stopped dreaming altogether for several years but they're coming back. I have read that if you're low in acetylcholine, you won't dream or not as much, which may be why they say that older folks don't dream as much--older folks do lose some of that and it could be a warning sign, since you need it also to help you remember. Interesting that dreams and memories are so closely linked. After a year of taking a choline+inositol supplement, my dreams are coming back with a vengeance.

I've read that melatonin can help with lucid dreaming but it does nothing for me, even if I take a large amount. I don't even dream any more than usual if I take it. I read about Galantamine once and got some from amazon--it worked the first time I took it but then not anymore after that but I may not have done it right. You have to go to bed normally, then wake yourself up in the night--if you have to go to the bathroom that's ideal--take the galantamine and stay up for 15 min thinking of your intention, then go back to bed. I did that the first time and got a lucid dream. But usually I'm afraid to stay up a few min b/c I'm afraid I won't get back to sleep. I may try it again this summer when I'm not teaching. Interesting thing about galantamine? They're also using it for dementia. Again, that connection between dreams and memories. I'm really really glad I got my dreams back.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with Calea zacatechichi?

A friend recently mentioned it to me as a dream herb that is supposed to help induce lucid dreams.
I know nothing of this but just from the name alone it sounds like a powerful alcoholic brew from the Zacatecas state in Mexico, lol.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:00 AM

I have only had a few spontaneous Lucid Dreams and the euphoria that I felt for days afterwards from having these dreams was like nothing I have ever experienced naturally in my entire life.

I recently began drinking Prickly Pear cactus juice for all the healthy benefits that it promotes. It has had a huge impact on my dreaming...meaning that I am dreaming more vividly as well as having better recall.

A friend had offered me the Calea zacatechichi, after reading up on it...I am not really interested in trying it. Just wondered if anyone else had any experience with it.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:21 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Valerian Root and Melatonin are aids for more powerful dreams.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:09 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
don't quite understand it but my dreams are way too exact,memorable,and i would like more nights off from them

Old 03-24-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Valerian Root and Melatonin are aids for more powerful dreams.
Never has been my experience.

Also you need to be careful when taking Melatonin.

Melatonin side effects: What are the risks? - Mayo Clinic

When I took Genetics long ago and far away my professor was working on the circadian rhythm of flies. He informed me that it is not a good idea for humans to take melatonin and that it can be harmful for us. I was taking it in efforts to help me sleep...it was miserable. I never had a good nights sleep using melatonin or Valerian Root.

Prickly Pear works great.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:06 PM

It's true that melatonin has side effects but they wear off after taking it for awhile. My holistic doc has me taking 15-20 mg/night to boost my immune system. The Mayo Clinic says that it interferes with meds that suppress the immune system so that should tell you something about what it does to help you, assuming that you don't want to suppress it. Melatonin also has some documented anti-tumor effects.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:26 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
don't quite understand it but my dreams are way too exact,memorable,and i would like more nights off from them
The same thing happens to me. I wake up feeling exhausted after many of those dreams.

I have lucid dreams regularly. I didn't ask for it, but someone of something decided that was going to happen.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
The same thing happens to me. I wake up feeling exhausted after many of those dreams.

I have lucid dreams regularly. I didn't ask for it, but someone of something decided that was going to happen.
How do you describe a/your Lucid Dream?

The reason I ask is there seems to be a variety of interpretations describing lucid dreams.

I have had a few spontaneous ones. In one I lost the lucidity as soon as I realized I was lucid...I was too excited and let my excitement yank me right back into the non lucid dream state. I had been practicing lucid dreaming techniques for a few months when this one occurred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal