Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 AM

223 posts, read 732,043 times

Advertisements

Greetings yankeegirl313 and sorry for your loss. Our dogs are family to us and I hate to think of the day when they won't be here.

I've wondered about dogs & Heaven as well and I was always taught that Heaven is a perfect place. To be if it's truly perfect all my pets will have to be there or it wouldn't be perfect! I'm pretty sure all our pets are waiting for us on the other side, whatever we want to call it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Do they go to heaven? Do they stay around us, to watch over us?
My son had a "near-death experience" when he was nine. It's a very long story, but the short answer for you is that when he was "up in the clouds" (his words) he was accompanied by our family dog who we sadly had to put down about a month or so earlier.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,771,905 times
I am so very sorry for your loss. I chosse to believe that i wil be reunited with all my furry friends

Old 01-30-2013, 03:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
Quote:
How could it be called heaven without those we loved so much? I believe the answer is yes. We are energy, energy never dies, it's just transformed.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Sorry to hear about your pet. Animals can be very good companions. But animals and humans do not go to any heaven. They are also not turned into spirits. We are also animals that have powers of reason. We are a lot like a robot, turn off the juice and they just stop. There is not robot heaven. We are made up of our memory's. Its what makes us who we are, our experiences ect. If we suddenly lost our memory we would not be us anymore. If our Brian dies like Terry Schiavo's did, then she is not alive in the sense that she can have any kind of life. She instead is a lump of flesh kept alive by machine. What made her what she was was dead at that point. Once we are gone thats it game over.

I like the idea some religions give us that there is something bigger but its not real. What is more plausible that there is some great beyond that some man in the sky has for us or that when its over its over? Not one shred of proof exists outside of someone saying I feel it real strong exists to prove that something supernatural is out there. James Randy has an offer of 1 million dollars to anyone who can prove they have supernatural powers. No one has ever claimed the prize though many have tried. You get all the usual hype ad-hock garbage about neg. energy blocking their super powers ect. But in the end if done in a controlled environment no one has ever shown any supernatural ability end of story.
You sound so sure of yourself. I don't know why you would make yourself sound like an authority on the subject, but I believe you are wrong.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksn75 View Post
ittlltickleurinnerds...you have zero proof that your belief is the only correct one. You cannot prove your theory either. The OP is going through a tough time. You shouldn't be poo-pooing the idea when she is clearly looking for comfort. I take it you have never lost someone/something that meant a great deal to you? Otherwise, you would know better than to say that to a grieving person.
^

Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
they have a soul and it goes to heaven. But they,like any spirit can be around you in an instant, as the spirits say they are within the distance of only another room near us.
Hugs to you. Many hugs.

Read this,if you would like to. George always helps me.

http://georgeanderson.com/eyesofgod.htm
Lovely stories. I've got a book along the same lines, called Blessing the Bridge, by Rita Reynolds. What animals teach us about death, dying, and beyond. Great book! It's unique.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:31 PM

311 posts, read 466,943 times
Yankeegirl313...So sorry for your loss. It is a hard thing to go through. I had to put my dog down 4 yrs ago. Yes, I still miss her so much. But she was so sick. Couldn't stand or keep food or water down. I stayed with her while she was passing and I'm so glad I did. I felt like she would have done the same for me. But, since then I do feel her presents. She use to lay on my feet, when I would sit watching tv. I have felt her there a few times. I think they are always with us. It's such a close relationship, they know that you love them. Again SO Sorry.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,617 times
Quote:
Sorry for your loss. I am very attached to my own dog and will be devastated when the day comes.

As far as life after death, I won't even pretend to know, but I have seen a pretty incredible pattern of those who've had near death experience and brief trip to the "other side" describe seeing their beloved pets along with close family and friends who have past.

I'm not sure how I feel on this subject, though.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 PM

306 posts, read 757,874 times
All good dogs go to heaven
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal