Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 04:36 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times

Advertisements

I will never understand why this planet is so full of so many lost and ruthless ignorant people...I truly wonder what happens to them when they die.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 AM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
I'm just like everyone else -- I have no clue as to what happens after death. So when I read a declarative sentence on this topic... I move on. I can always spot a poster who doesn't believe he/she can be wrong; I know that writer is lost in his/her ego.

But I will say this: if I knew that there was no existence beyond what I'm experiencing right now, there would be no motivation or reason for me (personally) to continue. It would be pointless -- a waste of universal bandwidth. I see this existence as no more than a sort of dream state -- much like the dreams I have every night, only longer. So, I'll find out what happens when I "wake up."

We must all be free to hold our own views and beliefs. That's what makes us individuals, rather than sheep. But I strongly believe in Fallibilism, and Academic Skepticism. I wish more people in this world did as well.

Last edited by ChrisC; 02-01-2013 at 10:28 AM..

Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times
The truth is, nobody knows what happens when they until it happens, and by then there is no way for them to relay the information back to the living that can be proven by science. I for one believe there is something after death, but what exactly that is, is a big mystery.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:21 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
The truth is, nobody knows what happens when they until it happens, and by then there is no way for them to relay the information back to the living that can be proven by science. I for one believe there is something after death, but what exactly that is, is a big mystery.

Information and events are always being "relayed" back constantly, but most people don't recognize the signs because they aren't looking for them.
When one is aware these events are happening, they are more sensitive to them happening, and are more aware of them.
I place myself in that group of people.
Bob.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Information and events are always being "relayed" back constantly, but most people don't recognize the signs because they aren't looking for them.
When one is aware these events are happening, they are more sensitive to them happening, and are more aware of them.
Bob.
To be perfectly honest, I too have had information "relayed" back to me after the death of a loved one too. However, was it real, or was it just a dream? I have absolutely no idea. I do believe it is possible, I do believe in something after death, but as I said before, there is no way that SCIENCE can prove it, or at least not with current technological abilities.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,198 times
I believe our souls never die. We leave our human bodies and cross a veil into another realm of existence. My beliefs come from a very personal place.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
cross a veil into another realm of existence
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:56 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
To be perfectly honest, I too have had information "relayed" back to me after the death of a loved one too. However, was it real, or was it just a dream? I have absolutely no idea. I do believe it is possible, I do believe in something after death, but as I said before, there is no way that SCIENCE can prove it, or at least not with current technological abilities.
For years scientist have dealt with this subject and are no closer to answers then they were when research first began, and there is a very good reason for that.
As humans we are only allowed to "know" just so much, and beyond that point our capacity to learn more, is blocked.
By plan, we are not allowed to know any more than we presently know.
This is why science will never know the mysteries of the spiritual world.
They are blocked physiologically from doing so.
Those of us who have had a glimpse of that world through different sources are no closer than scientist when it comes to knowing what the spiritual world is truly like.
Our minds are physically not equipped to fathom even the elementary facets of the spiritual being.
We are given enough to "keep" us interested, but beyond that, we as humans will never have the capacity to know what lies beyond death.
We have been given enough to know that there is life beyond our physical death, but whatever is to be learned, will be done from that side, and never here in the world of humans.
Bob.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
I love to watch that show "I Survived - Beyond and Back" - about near death experiences. I hope it is like people describe. Mostly they describe being able to see themselves dead and realizing they are dead, but they don't care. They see other people upset, but they are not upset. Then they usually talk about a place of indescribable beauty and feeling complete acceptance and love. A lot of them talk about it being like a warm day, but not too hot and not too cold, with a gentle breeze and beautiful flowers. They always say they don't WANT to go back into their body when they are sent back. And they say they are looking forward to when they die and can go back. Many of them talk about being welcomed by relatives who had died and they always mention recognizing the person, but the person (if they were older when they died) looks about 30 years old.

So to me, it sounds like only our body dies and the rest of us is intact and goes somewhere else.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Bob.

Can you tell us what the signs are; what to look for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal