Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:17 PM

651 posts, read 705,136 times

Advertisements

You go to the same place you were at before you existed, non existance. No great beyond no heaven hell, these are just props used by religion to keep the living in line.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,446,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
You go to the same place you were at before you existed, non existance. No great beyond no heaven hell, these are just props used by religion to keep the living in line.
I agree with the religious props. I don't believe in a heaven or a hell...actually planet earth is like a hell if you stop to think about it.

I think depending on our enlightenment at the time of death we go on and become many things such as spirit guides, guardian angels, light energy, or reincarnate back to the hell planet earth or onto a more evolved planet in our Universe.

Our soul/spirit is energy...Energy that existed before it came in to the human body and will continue to exist after we die.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:56 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Oh OK

You claim that you also agree that a person has the choice to reincarnate or not. But in your other post you give a very long description about the soul waiting to be judged to either be elevated or remain at the same rank. Then you talk about the purpose of the soul to reincarnate. So I took it as you saying they get judged and elevated or the get judged and reincarnate. Seems as if they have not choice here which is in contradiction to your new post in that you also believe that spirits have a choice to reincarnate or not.
Upon judgement, a spirit can either be elevated to a higher rank, or remain at the same rank, but never regress to a lower rank.
The sole purpose of a spirit re-incarnating is to learn from previous mistakes, and life existences, and advance in rank, until it has reached ultimate purity, which is necessary for it to ascend to what we humans call heaven.
This elevation into heaven could take many, many re-incarnations, perhaps millions of them to finally achieve the ultimate purity needed.

Yes, but it is the decision made by the spirit as to weather it feels the need to re-incarnate.
Incarnation is strictly up to the spirit, and what life form that re-incarnation will take.
The purpose of judgement is to allow the spirit to make it's own decision as to when, and if it will re-incarnate.
The judgement of the spirit takes into consideration, not only the life it just left, but past lives as well.
Kind of what we might think of as a job interview, and our resume being analyzed.
Upon any judgement, spirits are free to do as they wish, when it comes to incarnation.
A spirit may decide to not incarnate for what we humans would consider a huge amount of time, perhaps hundreds of years before it feels the need to incarnate.
Until the spirit reaches that level of absolute purity, it , at some point, will feel the need to incarnate.
Now, that incarnation may not be in a human, but could be an animal, or some unknown life form we humans are not privy too.
Many times their re-incarnation may be a form of penance.
A penance served as "payment" for having not carried on a good and respectful existence in one of it's past existences.
I have studied this particular segment of re-incarnation because I found answers in it, that for a lifetime, had no answer, not only for me, but perhaps millions of others.
I would like to keep this post brief, but want to explain what this "penance" is, and what I believe is it's importance in our daily lives.
To begin, we are all aware what penance is.
A spirit that feels it was less than perfect in a recent or previous life existence, may want, after judgement, to make amends for that faulty existence,and chooses to re-incarnate to do it's penance.
At this point we lay people would have no idea how a wayward spirit would go about serving out a penance.
We on the other hand who have delved into the subject have a better understanding of how this is accomplished.
From what I know (and believe), spirits have the uncanny ability to know all there is to know about a life, be it human or otherwise, before that life is even born.
They know the trials and tribulations that life will encounter, and all that exist with it.
It is this precognition that will be the deciding factor as to what life the spirit will incarnate into.
Case in point; Let's assume a spirit returned to the world of spirits, was judged, and felt it needed to do some powerful penance for past sins.
In solitude,and deep thought, it is able to see future lives, and how that life will be.
For the sake of better understanding, let us assume the life it will choose is that of a human being.
The spirit is aware of the level of penance it feels it must do, so in this case, the penance is severe.
The spirit has made a choice, and it will incarnate into a human that will be severely afflicted for all it's life.
Perhaps at birth, this human will be blind, or crippled, or have a life long mental disability.
The spirit will incarnate,knowing full well the life it will live,and how long it will live.
Living this less than perfect existence will be it's penance.
I have often stated in other threads, my belief that all life forms are nothing but tools for the spirit, and as humans, I see how this plays out in the human existence.
Take for instance, a baby born blind, mute, or some other gross affliction.
Naturally as humans, we don't understand why this happens, and ask, how could a loving God allow this to happen?
There are those who would argue, the baby was born with birth defects because of the parent's DNA.
To that I would answer,not likely.
Those born with less than perfect working bodies are the result of a master plan .
A plan not for the good of the human species, but for the good of the spirits.
Some feel genetics play a role in what babies will inherit.
This is true to some extent, but there are exceptions, and when they happen, it is because it is supposed to happen.
If we were not tools, we would live forever in our physical bodies.
Like any tool, once it's usefulness has been depleted, it is discarded.
I use to question, and feel pity when I came across a person seriously afflicted to the point of being completely dependent on others for survival.
I know longer do that.
I feel it is a spirit doing it penance, and doing penance is a good thing.
This observation of doing penance speaks volumes when we question why so many things that happen to we humans are not understood, and leave us with only questions.
Fortunately some of us who have looked into this have a clearer understanding of just why many of these things could be happening.
Until someone can explain to me why babies are born crippled, blind, mute etc. I believe I have the better more reliable explanation.
Bob.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:03 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I think this will be an interesting thread.
What are your thoughts about what happens to us, and do we continue on to some other realm once we die?
Now remember, not all views and opinions will agree with your's, so no arguments please.
If you don't agree with a particular view,if you need too, say so in a nice way.
If you are of a particular belief, and have something to add that could back up your belief, I am sure we would like to know about it.
Bob.
I think we get put in a box and buried in the ground, and then our bodies slowly rot away, until only a few bone fragments still exist.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:09 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I think our souls instantly leave our bodies and then of course become spirits. Our spirit joins those who have passed before us in a place so wondrous we won't even know what to look at first. Anything we want-all we have to do is imagine it and we have it.
We can visit those who remain on earth as easily as walking through a door.
We choose to reincarnate-or NOT; it's not an automatic given.

I've connected with many who have passed on. This information was rec. from them.
I have no doubts and have no fear of dying.
This is what I wish would happen when we die, including our furbabies........but I just can't bring myself to believe it.....as much as I wish I could.

I think when we die, we are just gone forever.....we no longer exist in any form.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
This is what I wish would happen when we die, including our furbabies........but I just can't bring myself to believe it.....as much as I wish I could.

I think when we die, we are just gone forever.....we no longer exist in any form.
oh Annie,my friend--I so wish you would open your mind and heart enough to try to be receptive to the idea of your spirit living on. How wonderful that will be. DM me anytime should get curious and have questions.
Hugs

Old 01-30-2013, 01:23 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Thanks Bob for your lengthy post. I will respond with my thoughts andtomorrow as I am very sleepy now.

I am hoping that the negative crap that seeped into this forum this evening will go away and find some other place to spread misery. This is the first day spilling over into the evening that I have ever experienced so much negative crap in this part of the forum.

Having these discussions is so much more enjoyable and engaging without the One-Upmanship attitudes and the naysayers. I wish people could learn to voice their opinion without making it the Universal truth for all and just let others live and think the way they choose without pointing the finger and judging.

See you tomorrow and goodnight

Old 01-30-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Thanks Bob for your lengthy post. I will respond with my thoughts tomorrow as I am very sleepy now.

I am hoping that the negative crap that seeped into this forum this evening will go away and find some other place to spread misery. This is the first day and evening that I have ever experienced so much negative crap in this part of the forum.

Having these discussions is so much more enjoyable and engaging without the One-Upmanship attitudes and the naysayers. I wish people could learn to voice their opinion without making it the Universal truth for all and just let others live and think the way they choose without pointing the finger and judging.

See you tomorrow and goodnight

practice what you preach.

I've been visiting this forum a very long time. Naysayers? I feel you are one of them.
I'll pray for you.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
practice what you preach.
I've been visiting this forum a very long time. Naysayers? I feel you are one of them.
I'll pray for you.

You are exactly one of the negative contributors I was referring to and you are still at it. Go and pray for yourself instead. Just leave me alone and let others live and let live.

If you have nothing to contribute but a battle please just skiddle on out of here to the forums that you can behave that way.

This forum was decent until you showed up today with your One-Upmanship ideas and the inability to let other express what they believe in when it does not jive with you.

Count up how many battles you have engaged in this evening since popping into this part of CD. It is not impressive.

I hope you practice what I preached so you don't hijack another thread with your battles.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 AM

Quote:
You are exactly one of the negative contributors I was referring to and you are still at it. Go and pray for yourself instead. Just leave me alone and let others live and let live.

If you have nothing to contribute but a battle please just skiddle on out of here to the forums that you can behave that way.

This forum was decent until you showed up today with your One-Upmanship ideas and the inability to let other express what they believe in when it does not jive with you.

Count up how many battles you have engaged in this evening since popping into this part of CD. It is not impressive.

I hope you practice what I preached so you don't hijack another thread with your battles.

you have a red aura around you......meditate and try to find inner peace.
I intimidate you.......your problem. No one was questioning your motives until I returned to the forum.
I've engaged in no battles-only conversation with you trying to reason with you. You're very sensitive. Try to get your aura cleared and you'll feel inner peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal