Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2014, 12:19 AM

757 posts, read 1,328,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
First off, when speaking of the spiritual world, there are no "people".
If they were "people", they would still be of this earth(or other planet), and not in the spiritual world.
I once read a description of what a spirit is, once it leaves the physical body.
"The spirit is but a drop of water added to the oceans waters".
In other words,it is a part of the "whole".

That one drop of water in an ocean would seem insignificant to we humans, but, it is that one drop of water that will comprise the whole.
However, each drop has it's own existence within the "whole".
Now you asked do spirits, once they return to their world, remain as they were when they left a body?
Does the spirit of a child that died remain a child once it returns to the spirit world?

From what I have researched through reading books actually "written" by the spirits themselves, the answer is yes, and no.
Spirits retain the "look" of what ever other spirits want to"see".
As an example which I hope will answer your question.
A mother looses her child to an accident, or some medical incident
When the mother dies some fifty years later, that child will look, to the spirit of the mother, the same as it did when it passed.

Too other spirits, that child may be a former life form completely unrecognizable to the mother, but for the spirit of the mother, as long as she wants, it will be her child.
On the other hand, that same child may be an entirely different being to the spirit that was once the mother.

Her spirit may see that "child " as someone her spirit knew in another life, and that would not necessarily be in a human life form.
The bottom line being, spirits see what they want to see, and control what they see by thought .
As for your wanting to "go where dogs go", that is perhaps not as difficult as we humans would think it may be.
As a spirit, you have the freedom to travel the universe, and "rainbow bridge" could be one of the destinations.
Unlike we humans, the spirit only has to think it, and it becomes so.

Bob.
lol, my bad. I did use the word people once. I did say soul the rest of the times.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:13 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,248,699 times
We die; period. NO heaven, no hell, no afterlife full of virgins, etc. Our energy leaves us and that is it.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:42 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
We die; period. NO heaven, no hell, no afterlife full of virgins, etc. Our energy leaves us and that is it.

Obviously you have a right to your opinion, and I respect that, but to what do you base that opinion?
It is your opinion, but I am wondering if what you believe is actually the way it is, would you care to explain these things to me?
Soon after my partner died, I was able to contact him, as well as other spirits though the process of evp.
Not only that, but I can,and do contact him on a regular basis, and sometimes his voice is audible as thought he were seated next to me.

Things have happened that in later conversation with him, he stated he was the source of those events.
One more thing.

I had to put down (at different times) two elderly German Shepherds.
One of them had a favorite spot in the kitchen where he use to lie and wait for me to feed him.
One night, two or three years after he passed,(my first Shepherd) my present Shepherd came into the
house from the rear deck.

He always just walked across the kitchen floor, into the living room without incident.
This particular night, as he entered from the rear deck, he stopped abruptly, lowered himself to a stalking position, and began to growl, looking intently at the spot where my first Shepherd use to lay on the kitchen floor.

I watched him for a few seconds, then coaxed him into the living room.
To this day, he always looks at the same spot when ever he enters the kitchen from the rear deck, and on a couple of occasions, he has growled, while not taking his eyes off that area of the kitchen.
Obviously he has seen something that I am unable to see.
I believe he is seeing the spirit of that Shepherd that passed.
I would like your explanation of this, if you have one.

Bob.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:54 AM

428 posts, read 643,609 times
I think we come back around with mostly the same cast of characters every time. I also think each time we experience a mortal body we're here to figure out something.

I was raised very traditional Roman Catholic complete with 12 years of private school Catholic education, and even as a six year old being prepared for my first confession I knew it was all about patriarchal power and control.

In my early thirties I read Many Lives, Many Masters written by Brian Weiss, and as I read that book all fear and confusion about the afterlife fell away. It just resonated with me.

Most importantly I have come to believe that we're not humans who have a soul experience while here on earth, but we are fundamentally SOULS having a (temporary) HUMAN EXPERIENCE here on this earth.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:55 AM

11,025 posts, read 5,984,846 times
I don't know what happens when we die and I don't have any beliefs about it. I like facts and evidence (beliefs belong to religion). I have had some strange experiences but cannot rule out them being generated in my own head.

I have long wondered what happens to our 'life force' when we die. We have consciousness as well as individual living organs, right down to individual living cells and those parts of us die separately when we die. What happens to a plant's 'life force' when it dies? Where does that energy go?

The only evidence we have of 'mind out of body' are from people who did not actually die (I knew one such fellow). Even if the mind can exist outside of the body (and there seems to be evidence of this) it does not mean the mind can exist without the body. But we do have evidence from living observers of signs of 'life after death' as related by CALGUY and others.

If the 'soul' or mind continues to exist after death then where would it get its energy from? Would it need energy? How would it interact with the living without energy? I don't mean this in the negative, just saying what I wonder about.

Quote:
... we are fundamentally SOULS having a (temporary) HUMAN EXPERIENCE here on this earth.
Interesting thought. I've wondered about that too.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:21 AM

6,572 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Anyone who tells you they know are of course only guessing. Life after death would not shock me at all....this life we live is improbable as all get out IMO. So why not something else ?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:23 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
... he stopped abruptly, lowered himself to a stalking position, and began to growl,
looking intently at the spot where my first Shepherd use to lay on the kitchen floor.

To this day, he always looks at the same spot when ever he enters the kitchen
from the rear deck, and on a couple of occasions, he has growled, while not taking his eyes off that area of the kitchen.
Obviously he has seen something that I am unable to see.
I believe he is seeing the spirit of that Shepherd that passed.
I would like your explanation of this, if you have one.

Bob.
I don't see that you need an explanation, you already know...of course, your old dog
is still hanging out there.
Happens all the time.
Say hi to him! He loves you!

Old 10-01-2014, 08:29 AM

I don't see any reason to have to guess or believe what happens...there are so
many NDEs to read online at NDERF Home Page ....then you have 'Life in The World Unseen'
by Anthony Borgia.

If a person doesn't want to believe what others have said, there's nothing to say to them.

But, when you are in touch with your 'truth meter'...you know if it 'rings true' or not, come on.
The heart and soul knows what is the truth.
It is the woefully, limited logical mind and the world that covers up and pooh-poohs this intuition we all have.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalPitgal View Post
lol, my bad. I did use the word people once.
I did say soul the rest of the times.
That's fine. It's like saying 'Him' when referring to the Creator of all.
So what, I say. Words are tough things to get 'right'.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:50 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Science has basically proven that what most believe as "God" and all that goes along with it does not really exist. What has not been ruled out though is the possibility of other dimensions and/or alien life forms having some basis in the foundations of religion.
Think about it, stuff that we fluff off as no big deal today might have been something totally off the wall crazy thousands of years ago. Advances in science have definitely solved many of lifes mysteries and unknowns and debunked alot of nonsense. So if you can go back to biblical times and witness the stuff they wrote about, with todays knowledge you could probably debunk all of it.
Another example would be vampires. Way back when medicine and science wasn't that great and it wasn't too uncommon to pronounce someone dead, and bury them.
Said poor bastard comes around and freaks out in the coffin and claws the crap out of it or whatever until he suffocates and really dies. For whatever reason, they would dig up the coffin and freak out because the supposed dead person appeard to have not been very dead.

So, that being said I'm not a religious guy but I do believe in the principles of faith(don't kill, etc, etc), good stuff that definitely keeps a portion of the human race from being complete animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal