Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM

933 posts, read 1,477,447 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody, I wanted to share with y'all, and get your thoughts on a dream I had when I was extremely young, but a dream that has stuck with me to this day. The details I don't really remember very clearly, but I wrote them down when I was writing a book in the 4th Grade. I don't know exactly what was me trying to stitch up the story, but I have the basics pretty down pat. I have even gave it a name from the day I had the dream: The Leopards Claw

My dream took place deep in the Amazon Jungle on a sunny day. My hobby was collecting animal claws. I had collected every single animal claw in the world except for one, the leopard.

So one day I decided to go out to search for a leopard claws. While I was searching he saw a hidden temple, covered in weeds and tall grass.

I thought a leopard would be in the temple and I walked in. The temple was filled with weeds but also had a medium sized river inside.

While I was looking around a caretaker came out. The caretaker was chunky, white, and had freckles. The caretaker showed me around the temple, but what got me excited was that there were two big statues of leopards.

When I was looking at the leopard it suddenly attacked me. And I believe this is where I woke up.

So what do y'all think this dream that has stuck with me for years means? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 05:23 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
It's a very interesting dream! Can you recall if the caretaker might have represented someone in school. Did you have a friend, Or even a rival perhaps with a similar description? Dreams are usually not linear so perhaps answers can come from this. Can you recall anything else going on in the waking world that was memorable?

I am not sure of your age but would guess this is going back a ways regardless and you remember much detail. Good post.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 PM

Maybe one of my preschool or lower school teachers, not sure though. I remember the caretaker to have a malevolent personality, almost as if she orchestrated the whole ordeal, and none of those teachers fitting that description were malevolent. It has just been a dream that I feel, since is has stuck with me so long, must have some important meaning. I feel as if it is now that I find out what it is. Thanks!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
What were visits to grandma's house like?

Very interesting dream. The collection would likely represent the things in your life that you treasured. Probably toys, or could be more literal. I often collected things from nature as a child.
This could also be a let down dream. For simplicities sake, you were promoted with a reward of a toy if you did something. And when you did your part, you were denied the toy.
The showing of the temple would be getting close to your goal, the attack is the let down.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
What were visits to grandma's house like?

Very interesting dream. The collection would likely represent the things in your life that you treasured. Probably toys, or could be more literal. I often collected things from nature as a child.
This could also be a let down dream. For simplicities sake, you were promoted with a reward of a toy if you did something. And when you did your part, you were denied the toy.
The showing of the temple would be getting close to your goal, the attack is the let down.
Thank you so much for taking the time to interpret this. This could very well be the meaning of the dream. But, the thing is, we'll never know. All I know is it was very, very powerful. I am sure we've all had a dream like that, though. Thanks again!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
So long ago dreams, it is hard to verify. Especially dreams as a child over some 'traumatic' event. Because children are inclined to please their elders, we may not fully accept any 'bad' feelings we have over a true injustice. We don't want to do wrong. It maybe that the event has fallen into the fog of memories because of the suppression. But the dream was created for the chance to face and aknowledge those thoughts and feelings that could not be expressed in waking life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal