Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:52 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times

Advertisements

Sorry to show disrespect, but if I'm to call it IT, and it is not a discrete being but a force of nature, then I see IT as a thing - an extension of some sort of scientific and natural principle. It's like some zenned out opposite pairing, God is No-God, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 12:31 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia Blue View Post
I was just using the term soulform in place of energy form. It could well be the aura. Many messages reportedly passed on from the departed note that the soulform is white for a great deal of time, only adding color as they spiritually progress. I'm not sure how it relates to people seeing colors in the aura though.
Thanks.
I wrote a poem after my mom passed, called Auras. Her colors were white/rose/black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Your OP should specify, what do YOU perceive as a God.

Without going into long discussions leading to nowhere, answer is twofold.

1. There is a God, as far as there are two or more believing into it. But that will likely not be a God you referring to.
2. There is no God, in manner, you are likely to refer to, as omnipotent creator of everything, and such.

But there is something, called "god", that is present and everything is in it, and everything is its manifestation. But by no means it is a say Christian or Muslim God.

Here's five metaphysical proofs to its existence (please, do not tell me god is he or she. God is asexual and in English language is IT)

1. Motion: Some things undoubtedly move, though cannot cause their own motion. Since, there can be no infinite chain of causes of motion, there must be a First Mover not moved by anything else, and this is what everyone understands by God.
  2. Causation: As in the case of motion, nothing can cause itself, and an infinite chain of causation is impossible, so there must be a First Cause, called God.
  3. Existence of necessary and the unnecessary: Our experience includes things certainly existing but apparently unnecessary. Not everything can be unnecessary, for then once there was nothing and there would still be nothing. Therefore, we are compelled to suppose something that exists necessarily, having this necessity only from itself; in fact itself the cause for other things to exist. That is what men call God.
  4. Gradation: If we can notice a gradation in things in the sense that some things are more hot, good, etc., there must be a superlative which is the truest and noblest thing, and so most fully existing. This then, we call God
  5. Ordered tendencies of nature: A direction of actions to an end is noticed in all bodies following natural laws. Anything without awareness tends to a goal under the guidance of one who is aware. This we call God
For lack of better word, "god" is suitable. You could also use Brahman, as ultimate enlightened entity, ultimate consciousness, that gives origin and order to everything, is present in everything, animates everything, and everything is in it. Or, you could use The Light of Intelligence; or, Ultimate Consciousness. It's no more than game of words. As far as you comprehend the concept behind it.

Be well and let The Light be with you.

PS

Addendum:

1. God is simple, without composition of parts, such as body and soul, or matter and form.[93]
  2. God is perfect, lacking nothing. That is, God is distinguished from other beings on account of God's complete actuality.[94] ‘Ipse Actus Essendi subsistens,’ subsisting act of being.[95]
  3. God is infinite. That is, God is not finite in the ways that created beings are physically, intellectually, and emotionally limited. This infinity is to be distinguished from infinity of size and infinity of number.[96]
  4. God is immutable, incapable of change on the levels of God's essence and character.[97]
  5. God is one, without diversification within God's self. The unity of God is such that God's essence is the same as God's existence. "in itself the proposition 'God exists' is necessarily true, for in it subject and predicate are the same.
Terrific post!

As a poet I will reference a "God", but this does not mean I worship one.

I did write this and it goes well with what you wrote above.

What Is Love?

God is love.
For what is life
without love?
The love
of a parent;
the love
of a lover;
the love
of a child.
Love lives inside.
God is love.
God lives inside.
God is the love.
Love of life,
love all life.
What matters
most
is only love.
Freely shared...
God is love.

12-20-99
1:25 am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal