U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 AM

35,737 posts, read 65,072,176 times

Advertisements

I went to college with mine. We were in the same class, same major, and have the same first name.

She stopped me on the sidewalk one afternoon and asked "Did you know you're walking around with my face?" to which I replied "Would you like it back?"

Mutual friends would ask why I ignored them on campus, and I'd look at them like they'd sprouted horns.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 08:16 AM

734 posts, read 917,329 times
I have seen mine from a distance. I get mistaken for this chick all of the time. I think she may be a relative I don't know about because her last name is the same as some of my distant cousins. I don't think she is well liked because when people think I am her, they come at me all hostile. When they find out I am not her, their attitudes change.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:40 AM

5,844 posts, read 4,542,380 times
The number of near doubles we have depends on the number of genes that control facial appearance, and the number of people we'll encounter in our lfetimes. I have no idea what those numbers are ... But here's a great gallery of celebrity doubles:

Celebrity reincarnations: The Hollywood stars and their amazing Civil War doubles | Mail Online

I don't see anything paranormal about it, but it is rather eerie when you encounter someone who looks similar to you. I've been told when I was younger that I resembled Donald Sutherland or Dustin Hoffman ... I don't see it, myself.

When I went to grad school at UVa in the 70s there was a descendent of Thos. Jefferson attending as an undergrad. Same height as TJ, same hair color, same facial features. He wore his hair long and tied back like his ancestor because he made beer money dressing up as TJ for various local events. Nothing paranormal, just genetics.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:45 PM

867 posts, read 790,494 times
I like this thread. I remember as a kid part of what made the Simpsons cool is when Bart and his friends encounter other kids from an adjacent town and they have their own versions of Bart, Millhouse and the rest. I thought this was cool as a kid because it reflected that part of the childhood experience in going to some other school and seeing their versions of yourself and your friends. I wouldn't indicate they are doplegangers or doubles but it was funny as a kid watching that episode and thinking, "I'm not the only one who has had that experience."

Old 08-08-2014, 08:26 AM

4,196 posts, read 5,676,066 times
My double was the daytime custodian in my High School, My friends even called him my name sometimes..
He was lost on this but certainly he must have seen a resemblance..
We also had a guy who was an exact double for the Iron sheik of WWF fame... He knew it though..

Old 08-12-2014, 05:30 AM

130 posts, read 166,177 times
Saw mine in a magazine, I've since lost the magazine but at the time was around 17/18. It was definitely weird but very cool at the same time.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:44 AM

13,721 posts, read 22,354,374 times
Have never seen mine -- but my husband is a dead ringer for Rainer Werner Fassbinder, a German director. He picked a film book once and handed it to me. I couldn't believe it wasn't my husband.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:26 PM

23,583 posts, read 24,785,228 times
I have long suspected that I am the doppelganger for some other guy, not the other way around.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:38 PM

2,966 posts, read 4,596,820 times
When I was younger a lot of people thought I was Jodie Foster.

My mother used to take me to a Chinese restaurant once a week and the owner/host would always bow to me and say "ooh heylow der Jodie Fost-her."

Several years later at a concert, I was down on the floor in the mosh pit and a group of guys kept following me yelling "Jodie" at me.

I always assumed these people were joking at the time...thinking back, maybe they thought I was really her?

A she has aged, her features have become a lot more sharp/hollow with a wider jaw, so we mostly only look alike from the eyes\cheekbones up. In our late teens, we could of been twins.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:06 PM

2,845 posts, read 1,700,273 times
I have never seen mine, but other people have--I'm not sure if it might be the same woman or different women.

When I was in the Army, I'd pass by a building, and a First Sergeant would keep saluting me....I was a private at the time. I couldn't figure out why he was doing that, and I honestly wasn't quite sure what to do about it. One day I was walking by, and said First Sergeant started chasing after me, yelling, "Ma'am! Ma'am! You're needed on the--" caught up to me, got a good close look, and said, "You're not my company XO." He seemed completely stunned by this. He worked with this woman every day, but I still looked enough like her that he apparently didn't look closely enough at my uniform and just presumed by face that I was the lieutenant. (He did actually ask if I was her sister. I told him I wasn't.)

Years later, here in the city where I live now, an ex-boyfriend of mine went to a restaurant and did a double-take when his waitress first came up--he thought she was me for a minute there, until he looked at her eyes. (Mine are blue, the waitress's were brown.) He called me the next day, absolutely stunned by the resemblance. This is a man who knew me well, and still was in my social circles, even if we weren't dating anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal