U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 08:44 PM

511 posts, read 429,038 times

Advertisements

I see mine every morning while I'm brushing my teeth.
EXCEPT...his left arm is on the right side and his right arm is on the left side.
THAT'S CRAZY!!!!!
He just mocks me with his left handed right hand.
Drives me nuts.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 09:48 PM

3,482 posts, read 3,230,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem125 View Post
I see mine every morning while I'm brushing my teeth.
EXCEPT...his left arm is on the right side and his right arm is on the left side.
THAT'S CRAZY!!!!!
He just mocks me with his left handed right hand.
Drives me nuts.

YES!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKTT-sy0aLg

Old 08-23-2014, 08:05 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,666,742 times
I have had many people say to me, "I have a friend/neighbor/aunt/sister, etc. that looks just like you!" But I have never seen anyone myself. When I was in my late teens/early 20s, people used to say that I looked like Linda Blair (the actress that played Regan in The Exorcist---egads! LOL!).

Old 08-23-2014, 09:16 PM

17,580 posts, read 8,001,805 times
Very interesting thread!

When we lived in Boston, people often came up to my husband and told him that they saw him in a certain location. The problem was that it wasn't my husband they were seeing. Then one day I was on the train going home from work and sitting right across from me was a guy who could have been my husband's twin! He was even wearing glasses like my husband wore before he met me. My husband used to wear glasses that were aviator style but had a clear plastic frame. This guy was wearing the very same style. It got me wondering if this was the guy people were seeing that they thought was my husband.

When we moved out of state, one day my husband met one of my co-workers. She told him that he looked just like her parish priest who was Irish-American. My husband is more than half Irish descent. Then other people approached him to tell him the same thing. I suggested that my husband go to mass at the church to see for himself. He, however, is a fallen-away Catholic and refused to do so

As for me---only once have I had someone tell me that I looked exactly like someone else. One day I was paying for my groceries when I noticed that the cashier kept staring at me. Finally, she told me that I looked exactly like her sister. I asked her if she had a photo of her sister as I would have liked to see it. She didn't have one but every time I went shopping and was in her line, she always mentioned the resemblance.

People used to tell my mother that she looked like Judy Garland and some of her friends would even call her "Judy". The funny thing is that when I was in college I had a part-time job and my boss told me that I looked like Liza Minelli---although I, myself, don't see the resemblance

Old 08-24-2014, 11:46 AM

17,333 posts, read 9,318,363 times
I have yet to see mine but over the years I've been told many many times that I look like so and so. I must have one of those generic faces.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:22 PM

501 posts, read 909,875 times
Never saw mine but had been told by a lot of people how I look exactly like so and so. Had a lady where I worked several years ago tell me I looked exactly like her deceased brother. I talked the same, dressed the same, had the same sense of humor and more. She even brought her sister to work to show her and she said the same things.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:05 PM

1,947 posts, read 1,933,634 times
I sat next to mine for nearly every year of grammar and high school. My last name starts with Ma and hers Mu. She has a good 6 inches on me but from a seated position we looked nearly identical. My eyes are green and hers blue.

She now has a little girl who looks just like me nephew. Minus his buzz cut. He looks eerily like me and she like her mother.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:23 PM

1,593 posts, read 1,981,045 times
I had a pretty annoying one in a previous city.

There is a former professional sports team owner who was fairly high profile and of course he and I look like identical twins.

I have been asked for autographs and people get ticked when I would tell them that I wasn't him. People yelling from moving taxis, people trying to buy me drinks...

All in all it was annoying.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:06 PM

5,779 posts, read 4,494,139 times
Yesterday, I saw Ed O'Neill's double in Union Station, Chicago after my morning commute. Spittin' image of Al Bundy, but with a bigger nose, if you can imagine that. Except he had a foreign accent so that kind of broke the spell, and there was no Peggy Bundy by his side.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:36 PM

2,030 posts, read 1,084,088 times
When I was a teenager my 8-year-old cousin drowned. A few months later at a restaurant I saw a boy about the same age who looked exactly like him. It was kind of unsettling, but it made me smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal