Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 02:18 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,963,620 times

Advertisements

Someone posted this on the True Crime forum.

I though someone here might have a psychic impression on the case, or maybe some people just want to speculate -

I saw this recently on Disappeared, the show, and it is some case. I don't have a link right here,but mother/father/2 boys went off one day and no word from any of them.

Popcorn in bowls left on the sofa, car found near a Toys R Us store. Toys in abandoned car.

Video tape of the 4 (possibly) crossing the Mexican border on foot, late at night. They found on the hard drive inquiries about passports/Mexico.

Family says wife disliked Mexico, no criminal background of any kind for either spouse, no underworld connections and 100,000 left in joint bank account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 12:01 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,221,768 times
I'm thinking that they were involved in something illegal that they couldn't get out of.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:23 AM

455 posts, read 898,083 times
I'm not thinking anything except that a family is missing and the best thing to do is to either find them or find out what happened.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:28 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,963,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I'm thinking that they were involved in something illegal that they couldn't get out of.
I was thinking that it looked planned and they did not take their money. So either taking all that money all at once would trigger something OR they had in some way acquired a stash of cash that someone would come looking for.

I am not sure how long they were gone before the dog was found. Did they leave not enough food or water for the dog? If it were planned one would think that they would have left some provision for the dog, no - or they would have known that the dog would be found almost immediately.

If they were involved in something illegal it seems to me that there would have been coercion or they would have profited from it. If they had profited then there might have been regular deposits in the bank account? Maybe you're right and they were building a stash under the mattress. If that were the case, then, I'd think they would have found a home for the dog a long time before they decided to split.

If the wrongdoing were under coercion they would not be found guilty.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,123,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I agree, Looks staged and well planned. They took off to live under different names and a different location. After a long period of time missing people are often declared deceased in absentia.. Though there have been cases of people being discovered decades later and having to face their past once again.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:40 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,149 times
I remember this case - very odd. Maybe they had to get out fast - maybe their lives were in danger. Supposedly they have a lot of money in the bank that has been untouched all these years and that they also owned property in Mexico.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:14 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,480,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

I am not sure how long they were gone before the dog was found. Did they leave not enough food or water for the dog? If it were planned one would think that they would have left some provision for the dog, no - or they would have known that the dog would be found almost immediately.
Maybe the bowls of popcorn on the couch were left for the dog and the dog had access to one or more toilets for drinking water..

I suppose the popcorn would be a little less obvious than leaving a bunch of extra dog food and water dishes around.

It does have a bit of a planned feel to it. Hope they are o.k.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:40 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,213,865 times
Here is another fascinating story of a family that vanished, only to be rediscovered generations later:

For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII | History & Archaeology | Smithsonian Magazine

Old 02-16-2013, 03:03 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,435,548 times
Family of three missing since 2009. Their pickup truck was found near a heavily wooded area in Eastern Oklahoma. $35,000 in cash was found in the truck. There has been no sign of the parents and 5 year old daughter since that day. Due to the large sum of money authorities wonder if the disappearance is somehow connected to marijuana, since it is the main cash crop for the area.
Family is still missing » Local News » McAlester News-Capital, McAlester, OK

Old 02-16-2013, 03:04 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,795,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Here is another fascinating story of a family that vanished, only to be rediscovered generations later:

For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII | History & Archaeology | Smithsonian Magazine
What a moving article. Thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal