U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 05:58 AM

10,375 posts, read 4,083,513 times

Advertisements

Did the show state why she stayed at the Cecile? With so many hotels in L.A., did they pick the Cecile because of it's creepy history? How odd the show never mentioned her being bipolar when that's the reason most are saying she died because of her mental state, being paranoid, jumping into the tank afraid someone was following her and so on.
If the show never stated she had issues with being bipolar, how did they explain this away? Also, if she had been killed by someone, the coroner certainly would have found bruises or some signs of there being some kind of struggle, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 01:59 AM

4,482 posts, read 7,532,531 times
^ No the show didn't say why she chose the Cecile, but they made it look like she chose that place on a whim (w/ the suggestion from that seemingly helpful guy stranger she ran into), which I find odd. If I'm traveling alone to ANYWHERE & especially another whole country, I'm going to have everything as planned out, mapped out, itineraries, etc. down to a tee as much as possible to hopefully avoid as much trouble down the road as possible (getting lost, not having a place to stay, etc.).

The show said the coroner's report for cause of death: Accidental drowning...that's all.

By the way, do a search for "Cecil Hotel" and "Elisa Lam" & you'll see the other threads on this board about it. There are other threads in the Los Angeles, True Crime, etc. sections.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:10 AM

4,482 posts, read 7,532,531 times
Well, this was a short-lived show only showing 2-3 episodes. I haven't heard any more about it.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:36 PM

571 posts, read 360,467 times
- It doesn't seem she was playing. It's wrong to think this way. If you see someone you think he acted as a playful, after that, he was found died in unexpected place with unexpected situation. So obviously What you've seen as a play was not a play. In general anyone would look at the video would understand that there is something wrong was going on right there ( unrest, scare, worried, chased,danger.... whatever) After that, she disappeared then found died. In this situation, the logic said look at the last moment she was found. The last moment was in the elevator and the seen was not good which represent that there is something was happening right there. So, I guess there is a relationship between that and what had happened.
- If someone was playing with anybody, he would laugh or smile even if he was alone in the elevator, at least once. But she didn't smile and her moving with her eyes not represent that she was cheerful.
- The elevator might get stuck by pressing all the buttons once.
- She might try to let the elevator opened. Specially in the second time she entered. Both situations are possible to assume.
- It seems from the video that from the time she entered the elevator, she wasn't feel all right. From the beginning there was something going on.
- It seems from her moving that she would feel safe if she stay in the elevator while she would be unsecure if she get out of the elevator, so that's why she put her legs out of the elevator in a certain way to make sure if it's OK if she get out of the elevator or not.
- At the end, there are a lot of questions with no answers. So, It's better to discuss this case first in the true crime forum.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:14 AM

11,564 posts, read 17,496,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
- It doesn't seem she was playing. It's wrong to think this way. If you see someone you think he acted as a playful, after that, he was found died in unexpected place with unexpected situation. So obviously What you've seen as a play was not a play. In general anyone would look at the video would understand that there is something wrong was going on right there ( unrest, scare, worried, chased,danger.... whatever) After that, she disappeared then found died. In this situation, the logic said look at the last moment she was found. The last moment was in the elevator and the seen was not good which represent that there is something was happening right there. So, I guess there is a relationship between that and what had happened.
- If someone was playing with anybody, he would laugh or smile even if he was alone in the elevator, at least once. But she didn't smile and her moving with her eyes not represent that she was cheerful.
- The elevator might get stuck by pressing all the buttons once.
- She might try to let the elevator opened. Specially in the second time she entered. Both situations are possible to assume.
- It seems from the video that from the time she entered the elevator, she wasn't feel all right. From the beginning there was something going on.
- It seems from her moving that she would feel safe if she stay in the elevator while she would be unsecure if she get out of the elevator, so that's why she put her legs out of the elevator in a certain way to make sure if it's OK if she get out of the elevator or not.
- At the end, there are a lot of questions with no answers. So, It's better to discuss this case first in the true crime forum.
Regardless, experts in body language said her actions appeared playful in the elevator, not fearful. The elevator was stuck for a moment because she pushed the pause or stop button, which also explains why she started pushing the other buttons in her confusion.
She had a lapse of reality due to her severe mental state which explains her actions in the elevator and her climbing up and dropping into the tank. There is zero evidence that anyone else was involved. Zero other people appeared in the elevator video. Her action will never make sense to us because her mental state was detached from reality and logic, but once you understand what her mental condition is capable of, then there are no further questions. Case closed.

To answer other people in why she chose the Cecil? Probably that same reason other people chose it - it was dirt cheap - an hotel adjacent to downtown LA at a bargain price. What they don't advertise is it's in a crappy part of town with a large homeless population, and it's an aging fleabag hotel.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Did the show state why she stayed at the Cecile? With so many hotels in L.A., did they pick the Cecile because of it's creepy history? How odd the show never mentioned her being bipolar when that's the reason most are saying she died because of her mental state, being paranoid, jumping into the tank afraid someone was following her and so on.
If the show never stated she had issues with being bipolar, how did they explain this away? Also, if she had been killed by someone, the coroner certainly would have found bruises or some signs of there being some kind of struggle, no?
The show never mentioned her mental illness because not mentioning it made for more mystery and drama. Essentially they were deceiving the audience.

There were the medicines she was on:
•Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) - just 2 10mg capsules, loose •Stimulant prescribed for ADD/ADHD & narcolepsy
•Lamotrigine (Lamictal) - 100 mg •Anti-convulsant and mood stabilizer prescribed for epilepsy & bipolar disorder
•Quetiapine (Seroquel) - 25 mg •Atypical anti-psychotic prescribed for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder
•Venlafaxine (Effexor) - 225 mg •SNRI Antidepressant prescribed for major depressive disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and social phobia
•Bupropion (Wellbutrin) - 300 mg •Atypical antidepressant prescribed for depression and smoking cessation

Some very serious meds here, much more than standard bipolar, but to prevent serious psychotic episodes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM...ng_link_heavy/

Old 05-26-2018, 09:16 PM

10,375 posts, read 4,083,513 times
Whatever happened to her, it certainly adds to the Hotels creepy history.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:15 PM

571 posts, read 360,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Regardless, experts in body language said her actions appeared playful in the elevator, not fearful. The elevator was stuck for a moment because she pushed the pause or stop button, which also explains why she started pushing the other buttons in her confusion.
She had a lapse of reality due to her severe mental state which explains her actions in the elevator and her climbing up and dropping into the tank. There is zero evidence that anyone else was involved. Zero other people appeared in the elevator video. Her action will never make sense to us because her mental state was detached from reality and logic, but once you understand what her mental condition is capable of, then there are no further questions. Case closed.

To answer other people in why she chose the Cecil? Probably that same reason other people chose it - it was dirt cheap - an hotel adjacent to downtown LA at a bargain price. What they don't advertise is it's in a crappy part of town with a large homeless population, and it's an aging fleabag hotel.
I'm not going to say this is a crime or this is not a crime. I don't know. I might tend to believe something like the other who put theories or let's say hypotheses but I can't claim it as a certain thing.
I just want to bring your attention to something important. IN GENERAL if there Is 0 evidence, it doesn't ALWAYS mean there is no crime. Not necessarily. Because don't forget the TIME. Time is very important in any case. In this case, they discovered her corpse after about 2 weeks. It's enough relatively to the evidences to be hidden. Also, they never found her mobile. And for someone who want to travel to a foreign country and alone also, I couldn't assume that he/she will not take a mobile. According to me, I just I don't find an answer to a lot of questions that I wonder about it in this case in order to think that this seems just happened for normal reasons. Not because it's difficult to be answered, it's not, but no body wonder or speak about it. No certain info about it. Even in the documentary. I remember wrote these wonderings as a post in another thread in this forum. I might check for it later.

- Now, May I ask you a question please, how can you explain her body being with no clothes (naked) in the water tank?

Thank you Dd714

Old 05-29-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
- Now, May I ask you a question please, how can you explain her body being with no clothes (naked) in the water tank?

[/b]
Her clothes were found in the water tank, indicating that she took off her clothes in the water. That makes sense as she was probably treading water and was being weighed down with the clothes, or again in her mania she simply decided she wanted to skinny dip.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:29 AM

5,164 posts, read 2,994,994 times
Here's a podcast about the Cecil's history I listened to this week:

https://player.fm/series/once-upon-a...l-hotel-part-1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal