U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:58 AM

11,413 posts, read 19,407,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Taking off your clothes and throwing them into the water tank before you jump in might be bizarre for a normal person, or in the eyes of someone who doesn't understand how delusions work. I saw crazier behavior than this in people who are in the grips of a psychotic break. I understand what you're saying here -- and based on my experience as a mental health professional, I stand by my comments -- people who are delusional don't think like normal people do. You're reading the details incorrectly.
I listen to Dr. Drew on the radio, and he is talking at length about the amount of mental illness in the homeless population. He says, after a person is medicated and out of the psychosis, even they don’t have explanations for what they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 09:44 AM

11,560 posts, read 17,468,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
Look at what you did in my post. I emphasized the points you put to my post in the RED COLOR, please complete reading carefully. Don't cut speaking like this. Of course I will be not understand at all in your view because you also not understand me correctly as well. I didn't write just one part. Read WHOLE comment carefully. My reply was a comment on the Dd714 reply. After you finish, look at the last paragraph that I wrote it in BLUE. Thank you
OK I am back.
Not everything will be explained in this case, how could it? There are no witnesses. We can only assume what happened based on the evidence we have, and dismiss other conclusions: 1.) we can dismiss that she was murdered because there is no evidence that she was - no signs of assault, no one seeing her with anyone that day, and I would find it highly unlikely that someone carried her body or alive up a series of stairs and put her in a water tank. 2.) we can dismiss "evil spirits" because (well, I would say because evil spirits obviously do not exists and even a consideration of this is silly and childish, but this is the paranormal forum...) again there is no evidence of the supernatural event beyond a mysterious elevator video which is perfectly explained, in fact almost perfectly matches (with the hand movements) one undergoing a manic episode due to her illness. Plus why would Mr. Evil Spirit put her in a water tank, why wouldn't he do something more....well, EVIL like nail her upside down on the ceiling or something.

You specifically asked if she can swim - I don't know if anyone has that information. You asked about the watch - once again no one has that information. Why would she take it off? Possible explanations are that 1.) in her mania she wanted to remove everything, 2.) in her treading water she wanted to remove everything (and yes it's very easy to disrobe while treading water), 3.) watch was in her pocket and not in her wrist, 4.) it's also possible she was suffering from hypothermia, likely in fact, the final stages of which are "paradoxical undressing" and she disrobed everything including her watch.

The question I am wondering about is even in her manic state how would she know to get into the water tank. I have some theories on that - pictures from the roof show an abundance of graffiti, some bottles and beer cans. Obviously hotel guests frequently make there way up there. The hotel swears there are alarms on the stairs to the roof but I have doubts on if a cheap hotel like that maintains or cares about those locks or alarms. Regardless, there is also a fire escape that goes to the roof one floor down. There is also a ladder where (in spite of what has been incorrectly published that it is hard to get into the tanks) one can easily climb up to a building adjacent to the water tanks). I suspect she had been on that roof before during her stay, possibly with other guests (she was sharing a room at first with other girls until they kicked her out for acting strange) and went on that roof again in her manic state to play around alone. This in turn matches her playful state seen in the video.

Last edited by Dd714; 06-07-2018 at 09:58 AM..

Old 06-23-2018, 11:51 PM

188 posts, read 48,633 times
That place just has a lot of negative energy.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:52 PM

188 posts, read 48,633 times
Were there no cameras by the tank exit door?? I don't think it has anything to do with ghosts....its proven she had a mental illness.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:06 AM

10,332 posts, read 4,053,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattaty25 View Post
Were there no cameras by the tank exit door?? I don't think it has anything to do with ghosts....its proven she had a mental illness.
Yes, but nothing can ever be proven either way. If you believe in the paranormal and or evil entities which some people insist are at this hotel, then her mental illness made it quite easy for such an entity to influence her and cause her demise, after all this didn't happen at the local Holiday Inn.
Aren't such entities looking for the weakest people to manipulate?

Old 06-24-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattaty25 View Post
No cameras other than apparently in hotel lobby and elevators. This is a cheap budget hotel, don't expect the proper level of maintenance.
Parents of the poor girl apparently sued hotel for not having proper security over access to roof (no, no mention of "evil spirits" in court transcripts) - it was dismissed however.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:51 PM

4,768 posts, read 2,583,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Yes, but nothing can ever be proven either way. If you believe in the paranormal and or evil entities which some people insist are at this hotel, then her mental illness made it quite easy for such an entity to influence her and cause her demise, after all this didn't happen at the local Holiday Inn.
Aren't such entities looking for the weakest people to manipulate?
If there were such entities they would be monetized.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:08 AM

10,332 posts, read 4,053,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
This forum is about Mysteries and Paranormal after all, so entities are a legitimate discussion here.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:22 AM

4,768 posts, read 2,583,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
This forum is about Mysteries and Paranormal after all, so entities are a legitimate discussion here.
I did not say they were not. How do we monetize this clean, renewable, energy?

Old 06-25-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
They are to a certain degree, just the superstition itself - TV shows about ghosts, both reality and ficitional; hotels and other tourist spots advertised as "haunted" in order to attract guests; "ghost" tours in various cities (I love the ones in Prague and Edinburgh.

Now if we can get spirits to like service automobiles or make pizza we would be all set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal