U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:04 PM

1,357 posts, read 2,660,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Maybe they are not finished yet?

Toxicology Tests: What They Are and Why They Take So Long

""Some of the tests take days, weeks, months," says Alan Hall, MD, a board-certified toxicologist and consultant in Laramie, Wyo."
Interesting analysis and comments from readers:

The Elisa Lam Case What are they Hiding? | Stray Musings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 04:50 PM

11,096 posts, read 18,830,615 times
Sometimes the public ISN'T told things because police have a key figure under surveillance and spilling the beans could spook him.

There was a murder of a little girl in Fairfield CA and the police were VERY not forthcoming with information, roundly criticized for it, and picked the guy up within a week.... got the feeling they knew from the very beginning who did it and they just got all their ducks in a row to arrest him.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Sometimes the public ISN'T told things because police have a key figure under surveillance and spilling the beans could spook him.

There was a murder of a little girl in Fairfield CA and the police were VERY not forthcoming with information, roundly criticized for it, and picked the guy up within a week.... got the feeling they knew from the very beginning who did it and they just got all their ducks in a row to arrest him.
You watched too many cop movies.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
You watched too many cop movies.
Nah -- not movies -- TV. And for a long time I wrote mysteries. Never finished, never published. Might get back into that some day....

Old 04-28-2013, 02:21 AM

3,933 posts, read 5,355,105 times
In the meantime, I'm checking this thread every day. I really want to know why she was acting so strangely in the elevator. I wish we could see all of her, especially her hands when she was standing outside of the elevator. She seemed to be moving them a lot.

When the elevator closed, then opened again, it closed again pretty quickly. I don't know much about elevators, so I'm curious as to why it closed again so quickly when it didn't the first time. Hmm, this case is really bothering me.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:08 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,208,123 times
There is just no news on this at all. The latest stories are weeks old and in the Asian media.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
In the meantime, I'm checking this thread every day. I really want to know why she was acting so strangely in the elevator. I wish we could see all of her, especially her hands when she was standing outside of the elevator. She seemed to be moving them a lot.

When the elevator closed, then opened again, it closed again pretty quickly. I don't know much about elevators, so I'm curious as to why it closed again so quickly when it didn't the first time. Hmm, this case is really bothering me.
It looks to me like she pressed an elevator hold button, which is why it stayed open for so long. It's like a lock. Not every elevator has them (a lot of them have keys which are only given out to staff). Then she out of the elevator, got back in, messed with the buttons again (which are obscured by her hair, and got out again.

Who knows why it took the door that long to close after she messed with the buttons the second time and left, but I'm guessing the elevator had to reset itself. Our elevators do that a lot -- something causes a "fault" and the elevator's computer runs a diagnostic, and then resets and works normally. Takes less than a minute.

While it's eerie, it does look like she was hallucinating. She looked as if she was playing with someone.

People do take drugs -- and a lot of people take drugs they aren't aware of. Someone could have slipped her something.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:58 PM

5,145 posts, read 10,163,448 times
Well you don't ride an elevator alone. City smarts you check your back and watch for someone following you. A lot of sexual assaults happen just like that(elevator ambush).

I don't know why people keep saying drugs? Because she checked her back and appeared to be talking to someone with her hands? Looks to me like they (person she was talking to) just knew to stay out of the camera shot and led her away. She didn't have on her glasses which would make her squint at the buttons. At most maybe a bit drunk?

She looked to be talking to someone. Someone holding the down button or a key will prevent an elevator from closing from the lobby wall. It does look like she hit the hold button because the last push did not light up(unless it was burnt out). My guess is that its a crappy elevator. I lived in a building long ago with an old elevator and it would malfunction/freeze. Which usually made me try a different button to see if it was the button although I think its strange she did a whole row...unless its some part of her mental issues? Or drunk?

But back on the talking to someone. Perhaps someone she recognized guided her up stairs? Worker or person that lived there? If you lived there awhile its not like it would be that hard to steal keys or just have them if you worked there.

Interesting :
message from former Cecil Hotel customer !

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread927981/pg8

Also strange: Not only no glasses but no purse, no parcels....
Why?

Last edited by Opsimathia; 04-28-2013 at 03:14 PM..

Old 04-29-2013, 12:40 AM

1,240 posts, read 1,653,610 times
It looked to me like she was pushing all of the different floor buttons in the elevator. After she exited the elevator and didn't return, it looked like once the elevator started moving it stopped at every floor of the buttons that she pushed. I wonder why she was doing that? Was she just trying to get the elevator to hurry up and move?

Old 05-07-2013, 07:58 PM

3,933 posts, read 5,355,105 times
Wow. Here is some more reading on this case.
UPDATED! ELISA LAM MYSTERY - ALL THE HIDDEN STUFF YOU DIDNT SEE | Alternative
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal