U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 10:43 PM

112 posts, read 140,551 times

Advertisements

Hate to burst anyone's bubble BUT darn right "they" can, from poor man to priest and everyone in between.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 02:09 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,304,698 times
I followed the lore of the Tupilak while living in Alaska and Canada. The natives will tell you absolutely with 100% certainty that evil spirits can and do kill.

I knew a girl in high school who had her blankets ripped off her numerous times and her ankle grabbed and flung across the room by what she called an evil spirit. She was so shaken by it she sought professional help. She told her mother and her mother slapped her. She told her not to talk about it, or it would get worse. This girl grew up and got into drugs heavily, got into the satanic church and later killed herself.

So yea, I believe it.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:17 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,752,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I followed the lore of the Tupilak while living in Alaska and Canada. The natives will tell you absolutely with 100% certainty that evil spirits can and do kill.

I knew a girl in high school who had her blankets ripped off her numerous times and her ankle grabbed and flung across the room by what she called an evil spirit. She was so shaken by it she sought professional help. She told her mother and her mother slapped her. She told her not to talk about it, or it would get worse. This girl grew up and got into drugs heavily, got into the satanic church and later killed herself.

So yea, I believe it.
Or she was just suffering from psychosis. Being a "flung" across a room by your ankles would certainly cause physical harm and likely broken bones. That would have been kind of hard to miss.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:58 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,304,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Or she was just suffering from psychosis. Being a "flung" across a room by your ankles would certainly cause physical harm and likely broken bones. That would have been kind of hard to miss.
She was covered in bruises all the time. Something visited her room at night.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:46 AM

17,310 posts, read 15,561,581 times
I've watched the different variations of "Paranormal Activity" and I'm left wondering, why don't they do one where they encounter an angelic being? Maybe not scary enough but if there are evil entities there have to be good ones, right?

Old 12-15-2013, 12:37 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,150,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post

My experience is that an evil entity is more like a parasite that wants to keep you alive while "feeding" off you... you are no good to them dead.
Your experience? What experience would this be

Old 12-16-2013, 11:14 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,054,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Not necessarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I've watched the different variations of "Paranormal Activity" and I'm left wondering, why don't they do one where they encounter an angelic being? Maybe not scary enough but if there are evil entities there have to be good ones, right?
That's pretty much the reason, right there. These are horror movies. It would be like if Jason had a little brother named Troy who went around and gave a puppy to a child for every time his brother killed someone

(BTW, I realize this post could come off as very snarky, believe me it's not intended that way and I mean no offense. I'm fine with the idea of movies with angelic beings, in fact I think there have been plenty of those made, I just don't think it fits in with the Paranormal Activity franchise.)

Old 12-16-2013, 01:50 PM

3,610 posts, read 2,938,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
This girl grew up and got into drugs heavily, got into the satanic church and later killed herself.
Influence of evil spirits or not, it was her choices (drugs ... Satanic church ... Suicide) shaped by whatever psychological problems she struggled with that led to her death.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:48 AM

4,255 posts, read 7,165,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
The Cecil Hotel (now called Stay on Main) is one of LAís most famous hotels, in part to its dark history. Home to murderers, maniacs, and ghosts, some say the Cecil is anything but your average hotel, they say itís cursed.

For all those intrigued w/ this hotel, there will be a new TV show called Horror at the Cecil Hotel starting Oct 16th on the Investigation Discovery channel:

https://www.investigationdiscovery.c...e-cecil-hotel/

Not that I kept up with the history of it, but I'll be watching!
It's the 2nd episode, airing on Mon., 10/23 that will specifically be about Elisa Lam.

Old 10-24-2017, 01:50 AM

16,872 posts, read 20,651,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesugar View Post
I do believe that being in a place like that, with it's sordid past and twisted history, it can have an effect on a person. A certain darkness can overcome them - whether it's paranormal or not can be up for debate.

Evil entities exist and they can kill.
I think this is a distinct possibility. The past of this hotel is ghastly. When a place has this type of reputation, It will attract guests who are not upset by, or are even attracted to, the dark side.

Richard Ramirez, the night stalker, stayed there for a while, as did an Austrian serial murderer and journalist who was, ironically, sent to the US to investigate serial killers. Funny how they both chose to stay at the Cecil. Evil attracts bad human beings, and negative entities.

Personally, I would have zero desire to spend one night in this dive.

It could be psychological or paranormal or a combination of both that caused her to behave that way in the elevator. It is more probable that she was killed by an employee, who was attracted to working in that place. It seems, that Alissa had no knowledge of the Cecil's checkered past. So, I do not think that she was attracted to it's sordid history.

The idea that some people actually want to stay there after all of these horrific events boggles my mind.

To my mind, from the water that flows through the building, to the disposal of bloody garments used in the commission of a crime, that place is soaked in death and tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or