U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 03:44 PM

4,291 posts, read 7,266,144 times

Advertisements

OK, so I watched the TV show, Horror of the Cecil Hotel show featuring the Elisa Lam story. Here's how the show portrayed things:

- It was never said that she had any kind of mental issue nor taking any meds

- It said all the hotel employees were interviewed, which it didn't say how many that was, but it showed them interviewing 2 on the (just hour-long) show. They really made the front-desk check-in guy to be a suspicious type

- They portrayed the access to the water tank to be quite a feat to get to & didn't say anything about it being open to the public or tampered w/ in any way.

- It didn't mention anything about any paranormal forces being involved

- It did show the elevator video showing Elisa acting peculiar & there was mention about a 1-min lapse in the video, but the police don't think the video was tampered w/

- She was found naked, but the show didn't say if there were clothes nearby.

- Her cell phone was never found

- About a month after her death, a mysterious post on her blog/website showed a tarot symbol meaning that a person wanted to be alone in solitude. The police thought that was like a mockery from the killer to hint that possibly she wanted to die alone (maybe to look like she committed suicide)

- The coroner report just said accidental drowning w/ no evidence of any other method of death (NOT strangling, drugs in system, etc.) This shows she's alive one minute & drowned the next, but I don't believe she was in some mental state to just jump in the tank herself.

- It did show that she met some seemingly nice/helpful guy when she first arrived to L.A., who gave her his # to genuinely be a friend if she needed help finding herself around town. They interviewed him, but he proved he wasn't in L.A. anymore around the time she was killed.

I personally think some seedy hotel guest character (& there were a LOT) OR a hotel employee killed her & dumped her body up there late at night & they just never caught the guy. Overall, it was a well-explained episode & I hope they find out who did it some day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 09:54 AM

2,502 posts, read 1,324,965 times
Good points. However, (and I could be wrong about this), but I don't think any of the hotel employees committed the crime here. They would have been fools to do this, because the body was in the water tank & they should have known that it would pollute the water in the hotel itself, and would eventually be discovered.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:44 PM

4,291 posts, read 7,266,144 times
^ Would anyone of high caliber (unless they're unfamiliar out-of-towners like Elisa Lam) even be involved (guests, employee, etc.) w/ that hotel at all? I think not. So, an employee who doesn't have much to lose, possibly worked the late-night/overnight shift, would know all the inner-workings of the hotel, have a uniform on & won't cause suspicion, have access to keys and non-access to the general public, know when alarms are set to go off, etc. MAY have done it. You think they'll care if the water gets funny? They'll be long gone by then by skipping town, acting natural during the investigations, etc.

I still think it was an unsavory, hotel guest who did it mainly, but it could very well have been an employee.

For ex., here's a possible scenario: An employee could have quietly knocked on her door at night in which she would have opened the door to let them in. They'll make a legit excuse for their visit such as, bringing in towels. Little does she know they have a cloth of chloroform which they quickly caught her off guard w/ & put over her nose, knocking her out. They quickly stuff her in her own suitcase (because she was probably very petite) & zipped it up leaving the room, walked down the hall, took it up to the roof & dumped her in the water tower, doing it all quietly in the wee hrs of the night all while she's unconscious.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:25 AM

9,097 posts, read 3,474,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
^ Would anyone of high caliber (unless they're unfamiliar out-of-towners like Elisa Lam) even be involved (guests, employee, etc.) w/ that hotel at all? I think not. So, an employee who doesn't have much to lose, possibly worked the late-night/overnight shift, would know all the inner-workings of the hotel, have a uniform on & won't cause suspicion, have access to keys and non-access to the general public, know when alarms are set to go off, etc. MAY have done it. You think they'll care if the water gets funny? They'll be long gone by then by skipping town, acting natural during the investigations, etc.

I still think it was an unsavory, hotel guest who did it mainly, but it could very well have been an employee.

For ex., here's a possible scenario: An employee could have quietly knocked on her door at night in which she would have opened the door to let them in. They'll make a legit excuse for their visit such as, bringing in towels. Little does she know they have a cloth of chloroform which they quickly caught her off guard w/ & put over her nose, knocking her out. They quickly stuff her in her own suitcase (because she was probably very petite) & zipped it up leaving the room, walked down the hall, took it up to the roof & dumped her in the water tower, doing it all quietly in the wee hrs of the night all while she's unconscious.
The problem with that theory is the coroner would have found any kind of chemical including chloroform in her system. Also, stuffing someone's body in a suitcase small enough to carry upstairs and into a hard to reach restricted area like where the water tanks are would have caused some kind of physical marks on her body no matter how petite she was. Even if she were only 90 pounds, it's not that easy to lift that weight in a suitcase and not make it noticeable to others you have something very heavy in there. Just saying......

Old 10-28-2017, 08:07 AM

13,082 posts, read 12,827,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Even if she were only 90 pounds, it's not that easy to lift that weight in a suitcase and not make it noticeable to others you have something very heavy in there.
And the autopsy report states that she was 5'6", so it's doubtful that she weighed less than 100 lbs.

Old 10-29-2017, 03:11 PM

6,442 posts, read 6,286,021 times
Absolutely yes, no, or maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2wqkD2KVM

Old 10-30-2017, 09:29 AM

4,642 posts, read 2,403,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

None of this explains the way she was acting in the elevator.

Her clothes were found in the tank.

She was on medication or should have been. She talked about it in her blog or social media:

Ether Fields

Tank access was not a problem. Usually people show pictures like this:

And avoid pictures like this:

Old 11-05-2017, 05:21 PM

50 posts, read 16,912 times
I have been attack myself by Evil beings. cuts and would appear on my body. When I lived at one of my childhood homes growing up so yes they can kill people because they can hurt them.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:41 PM

50 posts, read 16,912 times
I have had spirits try to lure me away to the otherside beings who are dark it a unfortunate side affect of witchcraft.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:33 AM

478 posts, read 329,701 times
I just googled this name and knew her story. I watched the video several times and the end of it was very creepy. When I read about Cecil Hotel in Wiki, it surprised that it was built in 1924 !! Historical!!
In general, in any incident, whatever was strange, the FIRST thing we must do is to think about normal possible reasons, NOT paranormal. If we did sure 100% there was not any normal reasons, then it is OK to think about other things.

But in my view, this is not completely applied on this incident which means No one said 100% proved that was not any normal reasons, it seems that there is confusion about it specially if there was no evidence that justify her death which means they can not accuse anyone even if there is some doubts.
I see, still there are a lot a lot of questions that need answers to it.
We don't need just to understand her behavior in the elevator, but also her situation before and after being in the water tank. And the time she was dead.

The things that I stopped on it from the beginning I read this story are tow :
1- Her mobile.
2- The body was not clothed inside of the water tank. Furthermore, her clothes and personal stuff such as ( sandals, watch, hotel card key ) were inside the water tank, too !!

About the first point, it is not mentioned any thing about her mobile!
Where & when did she lose it ?
In hotel or out of hotel?
How did she lose it?
did her family, roommate, or anybody else had asked her about her mobile whether or not was stolen as example or broken or what happened exactly to it?? ( This is very important to investigate about it).
What was her answer?
it did not mention any thing about her roommate specially when she complained that Elisa had an" odd behavior"?
Which kind of "odd behavior"? like what? There was no describing.
Due to that complaint, it is mentioned that the Hotel staff changed her room to a private room.
Who decided to change her room ?
How did they tell her about that? Did they tell her the real reason ( her odd behavior like what her roommate said) ?
What was her answer?
When did they change her room ? (Date, Time).
changing a room in hotel to a private room is usually more expensive than a sharing room?
Did they ask her to pay more or with the same price ?
When they have changed her room, did they change it to a private room in the same floor or another floor?

If it was not the same floor, was there anybody (guest) already booking in the new floor she moved to it?
If yes, were they a lot of guests there or few?
Did she have someone ( friend or relatives) in LA so that she traveled there as a tourist to visit them?
Was there someone invited her to Los Angeles?
If there was a study during the incident time, it surprised me to break her school just to travel to LA. It must be a reason that deserves that.
Was there anybody recommended her to book in the C Hotel? ]
Before or even after booking in the hotel, did she have a previous idea about the history of the C Hotel?
Does she know how to swim ? ( we can get the answer from her parents or sister ).

In her "Patient history File", have they ever mentioned that she had suffered from hearing voices or seeing things, or just a sever depression? ( They can ask her doctors in Canada )
If she brought her laptop with her, did they find it in her room ?
How about the other bags or stuff?
when she stayed in the hotel, did she bring expensive things like jewelry, ..etc. something has value even if it were few things?
Is it really true what said that the floor she moved to was not have any camera in the hallways except the elevator?
According to the autopsy, did she die the same day she was seen in the elevator?
What was the time when she was in the elevator?
About her watch, when they found it in the water tank as mentioned, does it work or not? What was the time in both situations? if it works, does it give an accurate time or not?
what is the brand of the watch?
Was it smart watch or normal?
Did the C hotel record any soon strange incidents before Elisa incident ?
Did the C hotel record any soon strange incidents after Elisa incident ? ( Not talking about old incidents which written in wikipedia).
About the roof of the hotel & the area of the water tank, ladders and also the cover of the water tank that had the corpse, was there amount of sand ? (SPECIALLY When they discovered Elisa's corpse )
In addition, how about the other 3 water tanks covers? was there any amount of sand right there?

Look, too many many questions without answers. Therefore, it is early to think about paranormal as a reason that lead to her death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal