Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,233,451 times

Advertisements

It happened tonight. I'd but away some money in my desk several days ago. It's a roll top with a key. We are moving soon and I'd sold some things on Craig's list. It was too late to go to the bank.
So I decided to pot a few hundred buck (300) in the locked desk drawer. Where the other $300 was.

Only now it was gone. This is not the first time. I've had money appear also. I've had it vanish too, and sometimes reappear at an odd time.

Also plain tickets. They reappeared when it was too late to use them.

Anyone have any ideas? Someone I know says that it's evil spirits. Another playful ones and still another that sorcerers take the money.

What ever the hell it is I can't stand it! Is there anything that can be done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 07:54 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Lets look at possible explanations first. You mention "we". Anyone maybe move it accidentally and then put it back not wanting to admit it? How secure are the locations you placed it in?

Its curious that it only goes missing for a limited time. Anything else go missing? Like something sentimental to you? Since you are moving maybe get the money deposited In the bank or keep it on you until you reach the new home.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,233,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Lets look at possible explanations first. You mention "we". Anyone maybe move it accidentally and then put it back not wanting to admit it? How secure are the locations you placed it in?

Its curious that it only goes missing for a limited time. Anything else go missing? Like something sentimental to you? Since you are moving maybe get the money deposited In the bank or keep it on you until you reach the new home.
I have looked at those. I don't first look to the supernatural. And there are no natural explanations. My wife and I keep important documents in this desk. We each have keys. No one else does and no one else was in the house without one or both of us.

The location was secure this time. It has happened other times. And as I said, sometimes the money appears to return. To the same place, or another.

What was odd this time is that it was the same exact amount of money. I'd just completed selling something and when the transaction was complete, I intended to put it in the desk with the other three hundred. It was for a particular purpose.

I have had it mostly with documents and money. My wife has had it with jewelry. Sentimental things that are not always valuable but mean something to her. Some have disappeared into thin air. Or so it seems.

I am very security conscious and I'm a Private Investigator. I just think that it doesn't feel right. It feels "off". Especially with those exact amounts of money.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:14 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Set up cameras.

I had this happen at a place I worked. It used to be an old doctor's office. One of the first buildings on the block of an old city. It was OLD. A lot of people died there as it was something that just happened at that crude time in medical care. It was an art gallery/coffeehouse when I was there.

Things that would go missing and or turn up later:
Spoons, knives, mugs, books, bar service gadgets, placecards, cds

Things that would get thrown: Coffee urns, mugs, silverware, knives, glass candy jars
(you would be on the floor and hear a crash in the kitchen and things were on the floor in the kitchen despite not being in a position to slide or fall.)

We all laughed about it because when the owner of the business bought the building it had the haunted story attached. Nothing was happening though until there for a few years when renovations started on an upper level and in the basement. The owner thought people might be stealing the mugs (customers or workers) set up cameras. Things still went missing. Cameras were off at night. Alarm code system would log any access. Coffee bags would be moved to odd places: Shelf to top of industrial fridge or table in the basement. just weird nonsense.
At that point all the workers though the boss was just messing with us! LOL

Around holiday times a couple girls thought they kept seeing faces in the back window on the delivery door. Just glimpses. That was the door where they used to wheel out the dead. Owner put up a camera (night vision) but never caught anything despite people still seeing glimpses of faces fading into the darkness. I thought I may of saw it once but I didn't try to look! I got an immediate chill and looked down,dismissing it as light glare on the glass and a touch of mass hysteria.LOL And then the body contact began. A lot of people would feel taps on the shoulders. I thought they were just being paranoid. While in the kitchen my apron string tugged and fell loose. I dismissed it as a loose knot that I caught on something hustling around. It happened again and I felt a tug and it fell loose again just standing still in the middle of the room. I called the owner who lived on the top floor down just to not be alone. I was so freaked.

I quit soon after that. LOL

The money was never really affected. The owner upstairs started noticing things moving around on her flat though.
Her dogs would stare at things that were not there. Nothing was ever caught in cameras or heard but things definitely were moved around or went missing. It was happening way too often to just be a random absent minded incidents.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:43 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
It seems that quite a few - or at least a couple of folks are making fun of the OP.

This is a forum about unexplained events - and this was certainly unexplained.

Why are several of you making fun? I mean fairies??? If you mean that could you expound?

Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
I had an old desk and the drawers were off -- it was very easy for all sorts of things to squidgle up, over and behind the drawer, and the drawer still still shut and locked. Can you remove the drawer and check behind?

Other than that I can't say -- a friend has gone to England one year to stay with her uncles, and took 4 flower combs for her hair. Her uncles saw them, laughed and told her about the gray lady they had. She left a lot of things alone, but she loved the posies.

As the uncles figured, within weeks all her combs were gone. Sometimes she'd find one in an odd place but a day or so later it would be gone again. A few she never got back. Two of them were found months later by the uncles, stashed away in a sideboard cupboard that held a little used silver tea service. They cleaned it a couple times a year. Opened the door and there in the sugar bowl were two silk flowers. When he picked up the flowers the combs came with.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:37 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Is it possible that your wife is taking some money and then replace them later on hoping you will not notice it? Did you asked her?
Try to install a camera or an alarm sound.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:35 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
It seems that quite a few - or at least a couple of folks are making fun of the OP.

This is a forum about unexplained events - and this was certainly unexplained.

Why are several of you making fun? I mean fairies??? If you mean that could you expound?
The Wee Folk of Ireland?

By the way -- does this mean you two aren't in the new house yet?

Old 03-07-2013, 12:48 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Sounds like around here---my ds is light-fingered. He steals money, credit cards, etc. Recently my grandmother's jewelry went "missing". we informed him a police report had been made, and the jewelry was engraved, so it was identifible. The jewelry re-appeared in a place we had looked before. The solution---go to counseling, where they tell him its a compulsion, he can't help it. Guess we should call in an excorsist

Old 03-08-2013, 02:32 PM

588 posts, read 1,014,828 times
Here's my thoughts: either you have a really bad memory or someone is a thief. If others wanna know why people would make fun, it's because it's ridiculous to think that a ghost is involved. Either you forgot, or someone took it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal