Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 10:58 AM

621 posts, read 1,614,589 times

Advertisements

Not me, but my wife. When we first started dating, I lived in Tampa, she lived in St. Pete. She worked at a county park and nature center on Weedon Island. The visitors center was relatively new, maybe 5 years old, but was built very close to some native american burial grounds where they have done digs and found ancient Indian artifacts. She never mentioned anything to me, but the first time she did a program in the evening, i was at the back of the large multi-purpose room, waiting to close the doors for the program to start. I kept hearing what i thought was little kids running and laughing down the hall, so i kept peeking out the door, saw nothing. Then i realized, it was an adult only program, no kids. As we were cleaning up and everyone had left, i asked her about it. She said everyone who works late hears kids playing..i made it a point to come after work more often. We would routinely hear conversations on the second floor office area, with no one else in the building. It seems the whole area had a storied history, with an air strip on the island near the center, and African Americans being found lynched hanging in the hangar. Just awful things. Now that i have an EMF detector, digitial recorder, infared thermometer, and more goodies, i wish we could go back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
I work in a tiny 85 bed hospital that used to be a TB hospital for children. One of our doctors on the night shift said he couldn't sleep because of the kids running through the halls and making too much noise. It was the middle of the night and there were no kids there. I had a strange experience twice in the same room. Someone left the water running so I turned it off. A couple of minutes later it turned itself back on again. I had a clip board sitting on the heater that only hung over about two inches. It came crashing to the ground but nobody was near it. I was helping someone set up the same room for a new patient and I was telling him about the room. We went to the break room across the hall and something was banging around in the room but we couldn't see anything moving. He was freaked out and told me that I was the one making things move. He also had a strange experience back in a procedure room. He said he heard someone call his name. He ignored it the first time as no one but him was back there. He heard it a second time and answered but got no response. At another hospital I worked at I was in the break room with another therapist and these stethoscopes that were hanging on a door knob started swinging back and forth and we were feet away from them. I was telling some family members about my spooky house at the same hospital and this tub flew off of the bedside table and landed on the floor. We all had this nervous laugh and they said something is following you. These strange things have been with me since childhood. I don't understand them but have come to accept them as part of who I am. I guess it's no coincidence that Halloween is my favorite holiday.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:50 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
I once worked for a department store chain and heard some stories from one of the older sales associates about a painting of the store's long deceased founder that was acquired and hung in the store's offices being haunted. Lights mysteriously turned on at night, in the store when no one was there, foot steps, etc. On numerous occasions, police were called because of a suspected break in. No one was there and there was no explanation for the lights being on. I never experienced this myself, because the painting had long since been removed by the time I started to work there.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:24 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I used to work at a very old, creepy prison. I swear, there were places in that building that were ice cold, any time of the year. And the lighting was odd. Strange shadows in places, with full light. You would walk down some hall or something, and all of the sudden, get goosebumps or strange chills.

Some people felt nothing. I think the more attune you are to others, the more likely you are to feel those things. A sociopath who has no feelings, would probably not even notice. There is a very thin line between prison workers and those in prison.

I actually felt so creeped out one time, I decided to get a different job. And I had a cush job...basically no supervision, I taught classes to inmates.

I often wonder if that one day of a "really creepy feeling" was a warning of danger or something. I don't know. But I gave a two week notice that day, to a good job with benefits. I found another job, no problem, right away too...
LOL! Good call, Jasper, on the thin line between workers and inmates. I got a kick out of that one. I am in corrections too.

I had an inmate in a wheel chair come to my office once and there was a man behind him. I thought it was his ADI orderly. He told me no one came with him, no one pushed him in his wheelchair that day. I even got up and checked the hallways. I described the person to him.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:28 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,670 times
Worked in a nursing home. Many...many...many deaths happened there. Used to work in a U shaped unit. There were cameras on the long parts of the U and the nurses station was in the short part of the U. Routinely used to see many interesting shadows and movements on camera. Doors creeping open by themselves and just a general feeling of creepiness in certain rooms...like you're always being watched. Other co-workers said they were touched or saw apparitions in certain rooms when they went to take naps on night shift. I never slept so I never experienced that.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:54 PM

524 posts, read 843,260 times
I love reading these stories!

Old 03-22-2013, 12:29 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
I'm oddly interested in reading more too, even though this kind of stuff gives me the creeps & I wouldn't want any expriences to happen to me.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
I'm saying "supposedly" because I never saw any concrete proof that convinced me, but I worked at a Dairy Queen in an old building. It was said that once a guy hung himself there, and supposedly nobody could wipe his name off where it was frozen in the same spot in the freezer all the time. Everybody was afraid to go up in the attic storage room after dark and I always did it. I just figured it was talk so who knows.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:25 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
The Most Haunted Prisons To Visit

Apparently, haunted prisons and hospitals are common. Interesting.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:36 PM

311 posts, read 466,986 times
I worked in a store that was an original country store in the 1800. The owners family made it into a store w/candy, coffees, dishware all kinds of neat things. When I first started the outside screen door would open, by itself, I use to check, there was no wind. The people that worked there said it was their grandpa. Well one day I was grinding coffee in the old machine and the sign above the grinder fell from the ceiling and just missed me. another time a dish fell from a display cabinet from about 6ft high and didn't break..There was a 2nd floor, when I use to work till closing I would go up there to turn the lights off and talk to "grandpa" as I was doing it. I didn't want any surprises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal