Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 09:39 AM

317 posts, read 474,498 times

Advertisements

Some people might think I'm crazy, but here goes:

I worked night shift laundry in a nursing home maybe twelve years ago. It was a sad place to work. Our residents died all the time, unfortunately, and stories about strange experiences were common among the employees. The month of January seemed to be when the death rate was highest.

Anyhow, one night I finished up my shift and started my car to go home. The feeling that somebody was in my back seat and watching me drive was incredibly strong. It was so strong, in fact, that twice I stopped on my way home to get out and check my back seat thoroughly for animals or something (or someone) else. I never found anything. I even felt like I knew which side of the back seat my watcher/mystery passenger was on (the passenger side). That feeling followed me all the way home. It was really, really creepy.

The next day, I learned that one of the residents, a man in the Special Care unit, had died maybe forty-five minutes before I finished my shift the previous night. I remain convinced to this day that I gave that old man a ride out of there that desolate winter night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 03:54 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedivec View Post
Some people might think I'm crazy, but here goes:

I worked night shift laundry in a nursing home maybe twelve years ago. It was a sad place to work. Our residents died all the time, unfortunately, and stories about strange experiences were common among the employees. The month of January seemed to be when the death rate was highest.

Anyhow, one night I finished up my shift and started my car to go home. The feeling that somebody was in my back seat and watching me drive was incredibly strong. It was so strong, in fact, that twice I stopped on my way home to get out and check my back seat thoroughly for animals or something (or someone) else. I never found anything. I even felt like I knew which side of the back seat my watcher/mystery passenger was on (the passenger side). That feeling followed me all the way home. It was really, really creepy.

The next day, I learned that one of the residents, a man in the Special Care unit, had died maybe forty-five minutes before I finished my shift the previous night. I remain convinced to this day that I gave that old man a ride out of there that desolate winter night.
Creepy is right. I believe you though and don't think your crazy. It's the simple, plain, unembellished stories that ring true.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:13 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Creepy is right. I believe you though and don't think your crazy. It's the simple, plain, unembellished stories that ring true.
Sounds real to me.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:55 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,427,156 times
I once worked in a NAAFI (Navy Army Airforce Institutes) bar. The building was divided into 3 bar areas, the Lounge, the bar and the event space had the 'lower bar'. The event space was used a couple of times a week for bingo and also for daytime activities and also for disco's and entertainment. Both the Lounge and the bar were fine but some of the staff wouldn't work in the lower bar area as strange things would happen, more than once the gas for the beer taps would turn off, when we went to look each of the gas taps had actually been turned off and none of us had been into the cellar area which was kept locked. Another time the club secretary opened the door to her office and found literally hundreds of money bags all over the walls, attached to the ceiling ... everywhere. She came rushing up to the Lounge to tell someone and when they went back all the bags were on the floor.
Eventually we gave the ghost a name 'George' we got so used to strange things happening in the lower bar we would talk to him to see if we could ease the chaos.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:02 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
My office is located in "an historic building" that served as an old hotel in its early days. Because of work requirements, I have occasionally had to be in the building at all hours of the day. I have even had "ghost hunters" come to the building and ask about "ghosts" in the building.

I have never seen anything that would lead me to believe there are any. My staff feels the same way.

Just one more reason, I don't believe in ghosts.
So you're answer is no, then?

Old 08-27-2013, 07:28 AM

1,289 posts, read 722,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
So you're answer is no, then?
Lol. Think ya nailed it. Needs to find the "Anyone Work Anywhere... Normal?" thread.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:10 PM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
My restaurant is haunted. It wasn't until about 3 years ago, when the dishwasher died. We think that's who is haunting us

Old 10-19-2013, 08:58 AM

1,289 posts, read 722,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
My restaurant is haunted. It wasn't until about 3 years ago, when the dishwasher died. We think that's who is haunting us
How so?

Old 10-19-2013, 06:14 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
Until you actually have an experience for yourself, you won't ''believe''.

Then you may or may not care if no one believes what YOU saw! LOL

Old 10-22-2013, 09:26 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Until you actually have an experience for yourself, you won't ''believe''.

Then you may or may not care if no one believes what YOU saw! LOL
I personally believe, I just hope nothing paranormal ever happens to me! I'd be so terrified, I wouldn't know what to do. That's actually my main fear these days.

There's got to be some truth to ghosts & the paranormal. There's enough TV shows about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal