Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 10:09 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

^ Woah, your daughter & others have actually talked to these ghosts?!

If I wasn't so terrified of ghosts, I'd ask them for some money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 10:12 PM

1,665 posts, read 973,349 times
I do.

I'm a full time firefighter and witnessed a few occurrences. There were times when someone passed by the radio room. Nobody was there. Also heard sighs. The urinals would flush by themselves. I also saw a woman in the kitchen. I thought it was the dispatcher, but she was in her office.

At the station I'm working at tonight, you can feel someone watching you.

I'm not the only one that has had experiences. There are others too.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:26 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Just hearsay (can't verify) but, I once had a temporary job in college where I worked in the gift shop of a cemetery during the day. As i got to chit chatting on breaks, some of the full employees told me, confidentially, that they regularly saw weird stuff such as things being moved, doors being opened and lights going on and off. They also said it gets really weird after dark. But they didn't let it bother them, as they were working with the dead, who were really harmless.

I once had another job at an old NASA plant where they tested rockets, etc. Was told that people had died there during experiments and that ghosts haunted the place. For example, a light in a vacant room would flicker off and on and the door would open and shut. Nobody was ever in there. So it was accepted that the place was haunted and employees were told that when they were 1st hired.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:02 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
I have a relative who works stocking at Wal-Mart, graveyard shift (pun intended). There's a ghost in the stock room (I'm relating what he told me). It's a benevolent spirit who seems to like him and tries to be helpful. It's active from autumn to early spring, then is dormant. Three incidents come to mind that he told me about (but there are more):

There were pallets of a particular candy my relative is very fond of, that they only carry at Halloween (it's a Mary Jane-type peanut taffy wrapped in black and orange paper). That night, he was in the stock room ALONE (as they are always short staffed). There were some pallets of this candy delivered, but shrink wrapped and unopened, otherwise he would have bought some. He was disappointed that he'd have to wait until later to buy some of this candy, but didn't mention this to ANYONE. A few minutes later, he went back and noticed that there were several pieces of this candy sitting on top of one of the UNOPENED SHRINK WRAPPED pallets. They were not there before. None of the pallets of candy were opened.

Another time, he was having a problem with some annoying ear wax buildup. He was stocking pet supplies, and planned on buying himself some Ceruminex (sp?) after his shift. He didn't mention this to any co-workers. When he was done stocking, he found...sitting on a shelf in pet supplies...a bottle of CERUMINEX.

One night a customer was looking for lemon juice. There were no other employees around (this is important) except my relative who was stocking shelves, and he directed him to the bottles of lemon juice. The customer didn't want the lemon juice in a bottle...he was looking for the juice in plastic lemon shaped containers, which are kept in Produce. My relative directed him to where they were located, and went back to the stock room. Sitting on top of an unused sample cart was a PLASTIC LEMON SHAPED CONTAINER of lemon juice.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:49 PM

^ Wow, that's the nicest, most helpful ghost I think I've ever seen! I still wouldn't want it to happen to me...I'd be too freaked out still.

Old 12-08-2019, 12:33 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
We ate out at a restaurant that was supposed to be haunted. It was in Central Florida when we lived there. We had a great meal, but at some point during the meal (can't recall which now), the candle on our table blew itself out. There were lights, too, so not dark, but no draft or window open, etc. It just went out.

Another thing, different state, we went to a Native American museum. Wanted to go, heard great things. As we are walking in, I smell a very aromatic smell, like a strong floral smell, hard to describe at the time and my husband does, too. I look around, no flowers anywhere (it was the desert, too), no woman walking by w/ perfume, no anyone in back or front of us. Wasn't like a perfumy smell anyways. Just a strongly aromatic "flower" smell, which I ascribed to a spirit most likely.

Old 12-01-2022, 10:20 PM

1,289 posts, read 722,499 times
Long time, no type, CityData. Hello again.

Old 12-06-2022, 10:38 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
I worked in a haunted home health care agency that was located in the bottom 2 levels of an old 19th century Catholic hospital. Lots of unexplainable things went on there. Smells of cigars, window shades going up and down, doors opening and closing, elevators traveling the floors on their own, and even a pair of old fashioned trousered legs in high button shoes walking the hallways. A nun in dark blue habit was seen frequently walking the halls in the lower level. One skeptical co-worker saw her and came running into the break room, saying she had finally seen the "lady in blue" walk through a halway door. When asked which door she replied hysterically. "You don't understand. She walked THROUGH the door!" I always felt watched no matter which office space I was in. Just creepy. One weekend I was visiting there with my dog who loved to roam the hallways when the the office was closed. I rolled a ball for her down a long corridor and she returned to me without the ball. A few of us looked everywhere for that ball and could not find it. We were standing in the medical records room talking about what could have happened to that ball when we looked over and it was right in the middle of the room. This after I had leashed my dog in preparation to go home. Beyond chilling.

Old 02-25-2023, 07:23 AM

Very interesting! Any more stories?

Old 02-28-2023, 02:41 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Very interesting! Any more stories?

My dad's old house was mildly haunted but we didn't let the problems get to us.

A funny current haunting tale- my partner's old house is currently haunted by the last purchaser and I feel sad about the situation (the poor guy died of cancer right after he moved in.) I guess the bank is stuck with the house for the time being..............................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal