Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 12:08 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

I work at a school (not all 5 days a week), but I'm still there. Two custodians who've worked the night shift have told me the school is haunted. The school ws built in the 1920s or 30s. One custodian said a child died in one of the students' bathrooms (don't know how) & he's been in/near there & heard someone say HELLO. He said he keeps the radio on to keep him company. The other custodian says it's haunted & has heard talking in her ear.

I can believe it becauses the school is old. I'm so glad I haven't had ny experiences there & it's going on my 2nd year working there. I admit all this ghost stuff does give me the creeps!

Any workplace hautings & stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 12:21 PM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
used to work in a hospital.
rm 3 in ccu was the last one they'd put a patient in. I'd never seen or heard anything in that room but certainly felt something a few times.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:27 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I used to work at a very old, creepy prison. I swear, there were places in that building that were ice cold, any time of the year. And the lighting was odd. Strange shadows in places, with full light. You would walk down some hall or something, and all of the sudden, get goosebumps or strange chills.

Some people felt nothing. I think the more attune you are to others, the more likely you are to feel those things. A sociopath who has no feelings, would probably not even notice. There is a very thin line between prison workers and those in prison.

I actually felt so creeped out one time, I decided to get a different job. And I had a cush job...basically no supervision, I taught classes to inmates.

I often wonder if that one day of a "really creepy feeling" was a warning of danger or something. I don't know. But I gave a two week notice that day, to a good job with benefits. I found another job, no problem, right away too...

Old 03-10-2013, 03:21 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
My office is located in "an historic building" that served as an old hotel in its early days. Because of work requirements, I have occasionally had to be in the building at all hours of the day. I have even had "ghost hunters" come to the building and ask about "ghosts" in the building.

I have never seen anything that would lead me to believe there are any. My staff feels the same way.

Just one more reason, I don't believe in ghosts.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:44 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,821,978 times
I used to work in a store where we would sometimes hear strange noises after closing. One night such a strange noise (as if someone banging two trashcan lids together) followed me from the stockroom to the front of the store, and I was the only one on the sales floor at the time. At first I thought the manager I was working with was playing a prank on me, but he was in the office counting money at the time, and two of my other coworkers were outside at the time. Others there have had similar experiences. Supposedly it is the spirit of an assistant manager who worked there, loved his job and the store, was in line for a promotion, but had a fatal motorcycle accident before that happened. He still checks in on the store from time to time after closing.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:20 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
The condo building I clean was built over an old elementary school. The school had been gone for years when the developer bought the land. I've heard from residents in the middle of the night you can hear children playing.

And the rumor has it that a man who lived on the third floor committed suicide by hanging himself off the back of a first floor staircase. He was found by a resident when she came out of her unit to go to work that morning. Since it was such a weird somewhat complicated hanging to do, the police fingerprinted the painted iron beam. The powder was all over the beam, in swipes.... and it won't go away. It won't come off with cleaning, and when it's painted over, it comes back.

For years the elevator he used also stopped on the third floor all the time. No one called it -- no one sent it -- no buttons were pushed.... but there it stopped and opened. I've witnessed that -- but there was no eerie feelings. AND -- the elevator was totally overhauled mechanically. Total rebuild of the electrical system and hydraulic system, with new buttons and everything -- and it STILL happened. It did stop about a year or two ago, with it happening less and less as time went on.

And then there was the guy who I think was haunted. He was having locked doors to his balcony open every night on him while he slept. I've been there 15 years and I've seen a number of people who lived there -- it's a rental. He's the only one who reported this to me. He stayed a few months and left. No one else has any problems there. Most people stay there long term, leaving for good things like new jobs, or marriages, or buying their own home....

Old 03-10-2013, 08:15 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
I worked in a haunted office area that occupied two floors of what used to be a 19th century Catholic hospital. Our offices took up part of the first floor and basement, which had been the ER and morgue.

The rest of the ''hospital'' became apartments and a nursing unit for seniors.

In my 7 years there I heard many stories and had a few experiences myself. I always felt I was being watched in the hallways and workrooms.

There were cold spots, odors of cigars and pipes, shades that went up and down, and objects that disappeared and reappeared. Several people saw full body apparitions, others saw legs walking past doorways with no one from the waist up!

It was just a creepy place.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:29 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,546 times
I have worked in two places. One sometimes when the machines were off you could hear footsteps walking around the equipment. They never came near me, but you could hear them very clearly and they were deliberate and at a leisurely pace.
The second place it was hard to get anyone to work in a certain part of the building by themselves. You would have something blow in your ear or tug on your clothes. Just a blast of cold air on the back of your ear or a good pull on your coat sleeve or back of your coat.
I won't post the names of the companies, as they are big ones. Just one is in Tennessee and the other is in Wyoming.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:55 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
used to work in a hospital with a haunted OR suite---at night one could hear the sound of patient guerneys wheeling in the corridor--and everytime some of us would venture up to the area with security--one could find all the lights on in that suite and no evidence ofguerneys nearby--this would happen almost nightly at least twice----and our security guy would never go check it out alone

Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM

1,275 posts, read 1,931,597 times
I have not, but my Mom used to work in a haunted bar/restaurant built inside a cave network in St. Paul, MN. The spot is known as the Wabasha Street Caves. The restaurant was called The Castle Royal back then--it was a bar/disco/restaurant combo. Apparently, it was a gangster hangout in the 1930's---a speakeasy of sorts. My Mom was the assistant manager there in the 1980's---and was even featured on a television show called "That's Incredible" that featured her workplace as a haunted spot. Because of the shootups and deaths of gangsters in that place, it is said that their ghosts still haunt the caves. Both my Mom and my little brother (who bussed tables there) both have had encounters with apparitions. After too many weird encounters, my younger brother quit and refused to work there. My Mom stayed on though---she seemed to love having these paranormal experiences. I went there many times during the 80s and did not experience anything out of the ordinary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal