Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 12:10 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

Does your granddaughter/her family have a dog?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 12:54 PM

302 posts, read 474,167 times
Anifani- they do not have a dog, but they do have two cats and a hamster.

AdotAllen and Lerner- we have no intention of scaring the child or even making a big deal out of it in front of her. We did show her the picture, along with pictures of herself, etc. and asked her who they were. She identified everyone including herself, and for this picture she told us "I see it at night". Whatever it is, it does not seem to bother her in the slightest, and we intend to keep it that way.

Whether or not you see something in the picture, or simply feel it is a "pattern of light", that's your interpretation and your opinion, which you have every right to express. I see something in the picture, it frightens me, and I have every right to explore explanations as to what it is and why it's there. One of my favorite quotes is from the movie "City of Angels"- to paraphrase: "Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it isn't true".

Old 03-15-2013, 03:32 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
I've been following this thread for a few days now. Yes, the picture does look creepy & I can see how it could look like the form of a person standing in the picture. I can also see how another poster said it looks like the bottom part looks like the tip of someone's finger taking the picture (that looks like the upper body) & maybe a ceiling light that looks like the "head" of the figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
...They often have "weird" stuff happening in their apartment...doors closing for no reason, an odd voice here and there, but this picture is creeping us all out...

...My daughter has been seeing shadow people since she was very young, but nobody except me and a couple of other people believed her. Weird stuff happens wherever she is living, so I think something is attracted to her, and maybe her daughter. They do hear the child talking to something in her room sometimes at night, but she's a three year old and they are just weird anyway. The child doesn't seem to be frightened or anything....
But, when you said what you said above, I tend to think that there's more to it than just a hard-to-figure-out picture. You said wierd things happen in their apt & your daughter has always seen shadow people & your GD is talking to someone in her room out loud.

I personally don't have any idea what it is or what to do about it. I'm not into the study of the paranormal. All I can say is I hope you all stay safe & are never physically harmed!

Old 03-15-2013, 04:03 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,199,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Yeah, because most people see shadow people walking around their rooms...
Its a blurry picture.
Nothing else

Old 03-15-2013, 04:16 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post

In addition to smudging:

I thinka that tinka or someone was already been smudging a finger on the lens!

If there were real ghosts,,don't you think they would have high quality pictures, voice and video on all those Ghost Series? They have loads of sophisticated equipment, and all they ever find are short snippets of camera artifacts or loud belches from the sound man.

Oh, and smudging causes asthma attacks according to the Surgeon General.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 PM

302 posts, read 474,167 times
I asked my daughter to take a picture of the area in the bedroom where we believe the camera was pointing when the original picture was taken. The angle may be a little different but I'm pretty sure this is the right spot...
Attached Thumbnails
Three Year Old Granddaughter Took This Picture in Her Room-100_0548.jpg  

Old 03-16-2013, 09:13 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
omg thats creepy if its real! Look closely at the head and it looks like its turned looking at her with its mouth open.yikes

Old 03-16-2013, 09:25 AM

319 posts, read 612,390 times
Moderator cut: off topic

Here is a enhancement to the photo, grain with white and increased brightness

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	108804

Last edited by Marka; 03-17-2013 at 06:31 AM..

Old 03-16-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
omg thats creepy if its real! Look closely at the head and it looks like its turned looking at her with its mouth open.yikes

Hi Neighbor!

Old 03-16-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugManTPC View Post

Back on topic:

Here is a enhancement to the photo, grain with white and increased brightness

Attachment 108804
Another enhancement, Original Photo: Sharpened, added hue and contrast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	108805
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal