U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:18 PM

302 posts, read 342,334 times

Advertisements

My granddaughter has a toy camera that takes videos and still photo. She mostly takes pictures of the ground, her feet, her toys, etc. Sometimes she turns on the video and forgets about it and sets it down somewhere and it records her playing and singing and whatever else a three year old does. Yesterday my daughter plugged it into her computer and downloaded what was on it, mostly just to clear it out so she could take more pictures, but also to see what was on there. Among all the typical stuff she takes pictures of, was the one attached.

The figure in the photo is NOT a shadow of one of her parents, or anyone else we know. Smoking is not allowed in their home let alone the child's bedroom. We do not know if she took it intentionally, or how it got on there. My husband says it's a shadow, but shadows don't block out what's behind them. They often have "weird" stuff happening in their apartment...doors closing for no reason, an odd voice here and there, but this picture is creeping us all out.

Any thoughts or explanations would be welcomed!
Attached Thumbnails
Three Year Old Granddaughter Took This Picture in Her Room-tinkas-ghost.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 09:33 PM

2,986 posts, read 3,159,381 times
Creepy! Looks like you captured a shade or a shadow person. Have you considered trying an EVP session in the areas of the house with the most activity?

Old 03-14-2013, 05:45 AM

3,446 posts, read 7,660,397 times
It looks like it can be anyone - are you sure that is not her father?

If not - I would move out of the apartment ASAP - otherwise your child is in danger if not physically but mentally

Old 03-14-2013, 07:40 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,434,918 times
That picture is creepy. Looks like a movie poster for a horror film almost. Do you think it could be a sheet over the camera? That is the only thing I can think of logically that would create that.

Still gave me chills. Sage burning time!

I saw something like that as a kid waking up. I dismissed it as a dream. Although an old lady died in my childhood bedroom. Old Victorian homes usually had a death in them or a showing.

Have you researched the history of the property?
Checked to see if doors can be closed by drafts or other doors/windows being opened/closed?
Are the voices traveling from the other units?

Old 03-14-2013, 09:19 AM

302 posts, read 342,334 times
My daughter and her husband are going to set up a laptop in the child's room tonight and record audio and video. I am going to try to find an audio enhancing program to download to see what we can hear that might be unusual.

They live in an apartment that was built in the 80s, and as far as I know nothing weird has happened in that particular unit. They don't usually leave windows open at night, so a draft of wind is probably not causing anything.

My daughter has been seeing shadow people since she was very young, but nobody except me and a couple of other people believed her. Weird stuff happens wherever she is living, so I think something is attracted to her, and maybe her daughter. They do hear the child talking to something in her room sometimes at night, but she's a three year old and they are just weird anyway. The child doesn't seem to be frightened or anything.

I am going to have my husband smudge their apartment with sage again. We burn it a lot at our house but my daughter doesn't like the smell, or else he probably would have done it sooner.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:06 PM

2,319 posts, read 1,983,486 times
I agree with all other posters on all accounts -- feels/looks to me like a woman's outline, but a definite shadow person -- can you get land records to see what property/house was there in the mid- to late 1800s? Looks like she's "wearing" late Victorian-style clothing with those mutton sleeves, shoulders, giving it that "poofy" look, and buttoned up to the neck.

Feels like she lost a child and now wants to claim your grandaughter as her own. I want to feel sad for her, but she's too dark, too creepy, as others have said, to garner a real sense of sympathy. Smudge and salt away! Keep us up to date, too - would be interesting to see what comes of this.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:18 PM

12,904 posts, read 18,464,697 times
I guess it's my turn to be the voice of reason (or stick in the mud).

The round bottom part looks like a fingertip right in front of the camera lens. The blobby "head" is probably a random shadow and would not look anything like a figure with the "fingertip" removed and would naturally be distorted because half the lens is obscured.

Don't freak out, this probably isn't paranormal.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:27 PM

6,209 posts, read 6,587,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I guess it's my turn to be the voice of reason (or stick in the mud).

The round bottom part looks like a fingertip right in front of the camera lens. The blobby "head" is probably a random shadow and would not look anything like a figure with the "fingertip" removed and would naturally be distorted because half the lens is obscured.

Don't freak out, this probably isn't paranormal.
I'm using Photoshop to invert the image and it could be a finger on the lens. It looks to me like a man who is looking away from the camera with his finger on the lens.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:06 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,260,273 times
this is so creepy

Old 03-14-2013, 04:30 PM

5,387 posts, read 6,271,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post

My daughter has been seeing shadow people since she was very young, but nobody except me and a couple of other people believed her. Weird stuff happens wherever she is living, so I think something is attracted to her, and maybe her daughter. They do hear the child talking to something in her room sometimes at night, but she's a three year old and they are just weird anyway. The child doesn't seem to be frightened or anything.

I am going to have my husband smudge their apartment with sage again. We burn it a lot at our house but my daughter doesn't like the smell, or else he probably would have done it sooner.
I believe you...that photo is incredibly creepy!!

In addition to smudging: have you thought at all about calling a priest or a pastor (assuming here that you are religious; if not, my apologies), to bless your home and drive away the evil spirit? I think if I was in your shoes atm, I would prolly be calling an exorcist, right now!

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 03-14-2013 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: Edits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal