U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 01:59 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,669,980 times

Advertisements

Well again, this is why I couldn't explain it as just normal...

A) there was nothing at all ANYWHERE that could have made that impression. We looked and looked. It was a little car, and clean.
B) it did not feel like what it feels like when you rest against something, absolutely zero irritation
C) I was not resting my wrists on anything, they were suspended over my lap with my hands on the bottom part of steering wheel, wrists not touching anything
D) it lasted for way longer than any sort of impression from wresting on an object. I mean, even when you wear pants that are too tight and the seams make lines on your skin, or if you fall asleep with your face pressed against something with texture that makes "lines" on your cheek, it doesn't take hours to go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 02:05 PM

1,269 posts, read 602,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It's pretty much impossible to say over a random internet forum.

I'm just saying that random heart-shaped skin impressions that appear out of nowhere and disappear are not really noted as part of "paranormal cannon" per se, but are a very common part of normal life when you rest your skin on an object for too long.

Look for a mundane explanation before jumping straight to the supernatural.
Always do. It's still unexplainable to me, especially since it seemed to be in the skin, not on it.
Oh well......

Old 04-04-2013, 07:30 PM

12,446 posts, read 11,140,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
..."paranormal cannon"...
What kind of projectile would that shoot?

Old 04-05-2013, 03:09 PM

8,193 posts, read 22,501,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
Well again, this is why I couldn't explain it as just normal...

A) there was nothing at all ANYWHERE that could have made that impression. We looked and looked. It was a little car, and clean.
B) it did not feel like what it feels like when you rest against something, absolutely zero irritation
C) I was not resting my wrists on anything, they were suspended over my lap with my hands on the bottom part of steering wheel, wrists not touching anything
D) it lasted for way longer than any sort of impression from wresting on an object. I mean, even when you wear pants that are too tight and the seams make lines on your skin, or if you fall asleep with your face pressed against something with texture that makes "lines" on your cheek, it doesn't take hours to go away.
Why did it have to appear right there in the car? You wrote that it lasted for hours before disappearing and that there was no indication that it was even there until you visibly saw it. Is it not very possible that it was there for hours prior to you noticing it? And before you reply that you gave yourself a complete physical inspection prior to entering the car, so therefore it was not there, keep in mind that we as humans can look directly at something and still be "blind" to what we are looking at. Have you ever looked into a drawer for something, searching through every corner and not finding what you are looking for, then, you decide to give it one last look after searching under the bed and what do you know? There it is sitting right out in the open.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Why did it have to appear right there in the car? You wrote that it lasted for hours before disappearing and that there was no indication that it was even there until you visibly saw it. Is it not very possible that it was there for hours prior to you noticing it? And before you reply that you gave yourself a complete physical inspection prior to entering the car, so therefore it was not there, keep in mind that we as humans can look directly at something and still be "blind" to what we are looking at. Have you ever looked into a drawer for something, searching through every corner and not finding what you are looking for, then, you decide to give it one last look after searching under the bed and what do you know? There it is sitting right out in the open.
Ok, let's pretend that it was there for several hours before I "noticed it". Still doesn't make any sense. All that means is that it was possibly present for even longer? If you mean that it could have been caused by something I rested against hours before, then that would mean that pressing against something could cause an imprint that lasted *several* hours (before I saw it and then for hours after)?

That seems just as unlikely to me as any other weird/mysterious answer... like I said, when I have slept against something and it made a line in my face, the impression was always gone within 30 minutes or so.

Of course I didn't give myself a complete physical inspection prior to entering the car but I think we tend to notice something that is on our hands or wrists, especially when we aren't wearing long sleeves, because we use our hands so often (driving, texting, etc). I could see not noticing it if it was on my upper arm or ankle or something.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:03 PM

15,087 posts, read 12,172,434 times
So you don't know if you had these white raised welts elsewhere? Could have been hives, which are raised and come in red or white. Hives can appear suddenly for no apparent reason and then vanish with no explanation. People can develop temporary allergies with no rhyme or reason.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So you don't know if you had these white raised welts elsewhere? Could have been hives, which are raised and come in red or white. Hives can appear suddenly for no apparent reason and then vanish with no explanation. People can develop temporary allergies with no rhyme or reason.
No, I have not had these elswehere. It was one imprint on my arm. I'm pretty self-aware with regard to my body.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:51 PM

12,143 posts, read 8,537,723 times
That sure is weird Sally and I don't have an explanation for you but weird things happen. When I was a teenager I had a bloody spot appear on both my palms? Stigmata?? I don't know where they came from or why but they lasted for a few days then went away??
Also in my teenage years I was interested in the paranormal and astral projection and over time had the concentration ability to lower my heart rate down to nothing. I would usually do this at night and try to project myself but mostly I would just fall asleep. One morning I woke up with a weird rash on me that moved around my torso and legs for the next 3 days then it went away. I took it as a sign that I should stop the astral projection experiments and did.
Weird, and kinda scary.
Watch for other things to happen to you and just hope you don't spontaneously combust.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,801 times
What brought me to this webpage is a strange thing that happens to my granddaughter's husband. It has happened a couple times, maybe three. He wakes up and somewhere on his skin is one or two imprints that look like someome pressed a meat tenderizer on him. An imprint of squares. Completely weird. No reason has ever been found. The imprint does not match fabric on the bed nor buttons of any kind. The imprints are usually on his shoulder or waist.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:09 PM

2,321 posts, read 2,123,626 times
This is beyond what I've ever seen or experienced, but it made me think of alien abduction stories I've heard over the years. I can't give an opinion because I don't have one. This link might be helpful; I don't know, and certainly don't want to scare anyone, but it just occurred to me:

Another Scoop Mark Reported
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal