U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 07:37 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,669,980 times

Advertisements

Ok at the risk of sounding nutty...

You know how when you rest your arm on something too long, or wear clothes that are too tight, you get an imprint on the skin, right?

Well, one day, I was sitting in the car with my wife, waiting for our daughter to be released from school when I noticed, on my left inner wrist a very distinct heart shaped imprint. It was slightly raised and appeared whiter than the rest of my skin. It was about the size of a nickel. It showed up right where peiople commonly get wrist tattoos, right there on the veiny/pale area of my wrist. It kind of looked like those tattoos done in white ink.

It was not red or irritated, it did not hurt at all, and there was absolutely NOTHING anywhere in the vicinity that I could have pushed my arm up against for it to do that. I wasn't wearing jewelery.. I was just sitting in the car with my hands on the steering wheel, really. We (wife and I) looked all over for something in the car I could have rested my wrist on to cause that and there was NOTHING.

So, it lasted for about three or four hours. Then it was gone!

I took pics but I think they are on my old computer because I just looked and cannot find them. This happened a couple years ago, but seeing this subforum here reminded me that I wanted to ask others about it. My wife and kids saw it and the only response was "Wow! Weird!" which is all I could think of myself!

It was a perfect heart though and literally just appeared out of nowhere then vanished the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 07:43 PM

8,233 posts, read 11,368,957 times
I would ask if you had the thought of someone that passed near that event? Had someone been on your mind? such as a parent or grandparent that had passed. I would guess it was their way of giving you a physical symbol of their love for you and perhaps your children since you were involved in an activity around them.

Sounds like a nice confirmation for you.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:01 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,669,980 times
Hmm.. I honestly don't remember but that could be it.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:22 PM

1,269 posts, read 602,610 times
I had something similar happen to me. I awoke one morning with a red square on the left side of my chest, about 6" x 6", with a large X through it. It was not on as much as it was just under the top layer of my skin. I was sleeping with my wife, but she is a pretty hard sleeper... and not a prankster. I still have no clue what in the world that was!! It dissapeared a short time later.
I even took pics and emailed them to Art Bell... nothing. :-\

Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,828,652 times
That is a very strange happening. I read this to my son. We have no explanation for it.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:18 AM

2,967 posts, read 4,261,829 times
I had the same thing happen to me and it freaked me out. I casually rubbed my shin with my hand and jumped up when I felt a hole forming right next to my shin bone. I almost panicked, thinking something serious was wrong.

After about 1/2 hour of worrying and trying to figure it out. I realized that I had been sitting indian style in a chair for 1 hour previously, and the hole was exactly where the heel of my foot was pressing in next to my shin bone. It was really creepy and weird seeing that "hole". It looked like someone pressed a golf ball into my leg right next to the shin.

I would guess you did press into something without knowing it, and just never figured out what it was.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 AM

42,677 posts, read 44,869,022 times
I think it may be a sign from a past life.

Psychic Birthmarks

Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 AM

13,146 posts, read 19,400,456 times
This is definitely the result of a sasquatch abduction. Are there any large unexplained footprints in the garden, tufts of hair on the bushes or giant holes in the walls of you home?

Seriously though, it sounds like a perfectly normal skin impression just like you say it seemed like. You could have rested your arm on something without even realizing it. A paranormal conclusion should be LAST, after all mundane explanations have been ruled out.

Most "past life" birthmarks tend to be permanent and match death causing wounds or scars of a previously deceased person. I'm not sure I buy that either but that is the only consistent physical correlation invesigators of reincarnation have found.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:23 PM

1,269 posts, read 602,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HolyNinja~ View Post
I had something similar happen to me. I awoke one morning with a red square on the left side of my chest, about 6" x 6", with a large X through it. It was not on as much as it was just under the top layer of my skin. I was sleeping with my wife, but she is a pretty hard sleeper... and not a prankster. I still have no clue what in the world that was!! It dissapeared a short time later.
I even took pics and emailed them to Art Bell... nothing. :-\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
This is definitely the result of a sasquatch abduction. Are there any large unexplained footprints in the garden, tufts of hair on the bushes or giant holes in the walls of you home?

Seriously though, it sounds like a perfectly normal skin impression just like you say it seemed like. You could have rested your arm on something without even realizing it. A paranormal conclusion should be LAST, after all mundane explanations have been ruled out.

Most "past life" birthmarks tend to be permanent and match death causing wounds or scars of a previously deceased person. I'm not sure I buy that either but that is the only consistent physical correlation invesigators of reincarnation have found.
What about in my case? It certainly was not something that I laid on. Any guess?

Old 04-04-2013, 12:53 PM

13,146 posts, read 19,400,456 times
It's pretty much impossible to say over a random internet forum.

I'm just saying that random heart-shaped skin impressions that appear out of nowhere and disappear are not really noted as part of "paranormal cannon" per se, but are a very common part of normal life when you rest your skin on an object for too long.

Look for a mundane explanation before jumping straight to the supernatural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal