Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 03:22 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,320,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Okay -- if you are getting harassing rep points and want them gone, DM me and let me handle it.
I am so dumb...what is DM and I probably don't know how to do it.
Sorry. And the others...will you DM Tallysmom, too?
When we know what that is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 04:56 PM

15,635 posts, read 26,207,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I am so dumb...what is DM and I probably don't know how to do it.
Sorry. And the others...will you DM Tallysmom, too?
When we know what that is?
Easy peasy -- go up to my post and click on my name. A box will come up with four options -- see my public profile, send me a Direct Message, Find all my posts, and Add me your contacts Click on send me a direct message, it will take you to that screen, fill out the message box and hit send.

And you're not dumb -- I've been doing this mod thing for a few months and you guys have been so good I hadn't had the need to find out where to go to remove nasty reps.... and it took two other mods a couple of back and forths to get me to figure it out....

Old 07-14-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Easy peasy -- go up to my post and click on my name. A box will come up with four options -- see my public profile, send me a Direct Message, Find all my posts, and Add me your contacts Click on send me a direct message, it will take you to that screen, fill out the message box and hit send.

And you're not dumb -- I've been doing this mod thing for a few months and you guys have been so good I hadn't had the need to find out where to go to remove nasty reps.... and it took two other mods a couple of back and forths to get me to figure it out....
Thanx,....other Forums say PM for private message, now I get it.

But, ya know what, I don't need them removed...I thought we could find out who it was.
So I'm sure u have better things to do, why bother.
Thanx

And perhaps, if they are still reading here they will stop.
They are just stupid, not a big deal.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:25 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,769,364 times
I have not received any of those "reps" but I'd like to reply to him--perhaps this person is lurking still. Did you all say he claims to be Christian? Well first of all I'd like to say that I don't really like the way the LoA is presented in The Secret either--they made it look all mysterious and new age, and it can be. Or not. The truth is--there is no secret. Everyone who is familiar with it is willing to give the information away for free, just as they are willing to tell about God's love for free. Same thing, right? So let's just forget the silly movie--the LoA was around long before that was. In fact you can read about it in the scriptures:

Quote:
High Vibration Scriptures

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2)

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. (Philippians 4:8)

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him and have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)

Give thanks for all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 2:11)

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:34)

He will give me the desires of my heart. (Psalm 37:4)

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way to get the prize. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8)

God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
A good thing about the scriptures is that they remind us that there is a certain level of responsibility that goes with this--the Lord will give you what you desire in order to free you up for His work. No, not the grudging type that you're hoping will buy your way into heaven, but your mission in life. So the closer you are to following your mission, the easier it will be to get what you desire, and when you have what you desire, the path to your mission will be smoother. It's beautiful when it's all aligned and everyone else will feel the harmony also.

Another responsibility that we all have is to not ask for anything that goes against the will of someone else. It's not fair to ask the Lord to send back your straying spouse, no matter how excellent your case may be, b/c we all have free will. When you ask for love, do not name someone specific--you can make a detailed list of the qualities you're looking for, but you may not name the person.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:32 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,091,145 times
Quote:
I am big on the Bhagvad Gita...Ch 10 being my favorite...but I don't know if people can relate...I save it for other threads.
I have tried on many occasions to read it but all the incredibly long names make my brain short out. I guess it's a cultural thing.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-15-2013, 12:47 AM

720 posts, read 764,770 times
Hello all,

It's taken me some time to read through all of the posts but now I have. I have no idea how I landed on this thread but I am so glad I did. it's late now and I have to go to bed, but I'll be back!

Old 07-15-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have tried on many occasions to read it
but all the incredibly long names make my brain short out.
I guess it's a cultural thing.

20yrsinBranson
Ya gotta read a translation that takes each verse and comments and explains.
I have many incredible translations with insights after each individual verse.
Example: "I am the self, O Arjuna! Abiding in the core of all beings, I am the beginning,
middle, and end of all beings." ~Ch 10 v20

See, that was beautiful.
And it is also on topic....LOA has everything to do with God, as Stepka brought up.
We are co~creators with the essence of this Superior Being within us.
Ah, when we unlock this knowledge of who we are...Bingo!!!

(My life couldn't be better realizing who I am, my potential and power.)
Branson, eh? Always wanted to drive there and listen to Kevin Moore, pastor...he's got
it goin' on.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:55 AM

Correction on Psalm 37:4 in full context it is...(and this also is very on topic with
LOA) ..."Delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Now, how does someone delight in something?
A puppy, a friend, a partner, a sunset?...Same way delight in "Him",
your Creator and Sustainer...all part of this topic.

Note: And,no, the person sending messages to us, is not a declared Christian, in fact could be
an atheist...he just says we are being dupped and LOA is New Age nonsense...it is not
mean or nasty, per se....just stupid...imo, that is.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:10 AM

25,476 posts, read 17,182,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
...........According to Lynn Grabhorn though, the biggest thing that people do is think about what they don't want. This is exactly what I was doing when I was worried about dating a man who'd turn out to be crazy. I got exactly what I put in the order for and I'm going to be a lot more careful about my thinking from now on..........
Made me smile.
My wife and I were married in 1990, when we were both 45. She had been single for 15 years, and had raised 2 daughters.
When she decided to get married she made what she called a "Treasure Map". It was an outline of her goals, and she had it tacked to the inside of her bedroom door.
I had the same thing in a binder I always called my "Goal Book". I learned the technique back in '69 when I first became interested in sales and personal motivation. I had used the technique to lift me to the top of the sales force at a Fortune 500 company.

The odd thing is, our goals were nearly identical - we even had some of the same pictures. She had put an order in for me, and I had put an order in for her.

To this very day, I maintain my goal book. There is always some way to improve oneself.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:27 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,769,364 times
Quote:
Correction on Psalm 37:4 in full context it is...(and this also is very on topic with
LOA) ..."Delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Now, how does someone delight in something?
A puppy, a friend, a partner, a sunset?...Same way delight in "Him",
your Creator and Sustainer...all part of this topic.

Note: And,no, the person sending messages to us, is not a declared Christian, in fact could be
an atheist...he just says we are being dupped and LOA is New Age nonsense...it is not
mean or nasty, per se....just stupid...imo, that is.
Ah so I'm duped into believing that I'm 10,000x happier than I used to be. and yes, the reason is because I've learned to delight in those things. Last night I could have been so lost in my thoughts that I would have driven straight to my appt without noticing the gold of the sunset on the river. It was incredible. Well don't worry about it folks. I just wish the poor man would give it a try--just try it out on a little thing and see what happens. You lose nothing--not even the respect of your friends because no one needs to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal