U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 04:00 PM

9,732 posts, read 11,183,563 times

Advertisements

Other then a fantastic memory, having total recall I do not have any "gifts". Wish i did, Like telekinesis, So I could bounce a frying pan over a certain gentleman's head from across the room for giving me such a hard time recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 07:29 PM

4,278 posts, read 6,962,801 times
I have a slight "sensitivity" or something, I always have. But I have never been able to harness it in any way that is useful. It's more like "fleeting thoughts" that are completely random at the time I think them. They are mixed in there with the million other random thoughts that go through my mind on any given day, so I don't distinguish them as having any significance.

And then something happens and I realize I had that "thought" about the occurance, or the object, or whatever it is. It's rare, but it's happened enough times that I can't just write it off to coincidence. And sometimes the "thought" isn't exactly correct in the details. I also have plenty of thoughts that never, ever, come to fruition. I tend to worry far more than I need to.

If any one else has this, they will know what I mean.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,099,106 times
Empath and claircognizant with no desire to develop the latter to provide readings. It's too much for me and I don't feel called to it.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 PM

44,075 posts, read 44,160,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I have a slight "sensitivity" or something, I always have. But I have never been able to harness it in any way that is useful. It's more like "fleeting thoughts" that are completely random at the time I think them. They are mixed in there with the million other random thoughts that go through my mind on any given day, so I don't distinguish them as having any significance.

And then something happens and I realize I had that "thought" about the occurance, or the object, or whatever it is. It's rare, but it's happened enough times that I can't just write it off to coincidence. And sometimes the "thought" isn't exactly correct in the details. I also have plenty of thoughts that never, ever, come to fruition. I tend to worry far more than I need to.

If any one else has this, they will know what I mean.
Yes, I do. I can't rely on it or call it up at will. But here's an example of something odd like that and it happened today. A few days ago I thought of a man who worked in the same home improvement store I did back in the 70s. I really didn't think of him--I just sort of "heard" his name, not a common last name, in my mind and remembered who he was. He was nothing to me more than a coworker. Nice enough guy. Weird that his name went through my mind some 35 years after I last saw him.

Today I visited my mother who lives about an hour away from me in the town where I used to live, and I read her local paper, which isn't available by me. The last name of the guy I was thinking about the other day caught my eye in the obituaries. I read it, and sure enough, my old coworker is listed as the son of the man who died. Or I assume it is him--it's the same first and last name and a town next to where we used to work.

But it doesn't really mean anything to me or have any impact on my life, just that it's some sort of coincidence but happens too often to be a coincidence.

Re the worrying. I am a first class ordained worrier, almost to the point of OCD except that I don't "do" things to prevent "it" from happening other than mental exercises or counting. It's as if NOT worrying will allow "it" to happen, whatever the it may be.

I was seeing a therapist for a few years after my divorce, and this excessive worry thing came up. The therapist said that he thought it was that I suppressed my natural intuition and that this was how it was manifesting itself. It made me think back--when I was a child, there were a couple of occurances when I knew a relative was going to die or with smaller things, like knowing who was on the phone when it rang before anyone answered it. I wonder if I suppressed that stuff because it scared me.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:11 AM

10,548 posts, read 17,860,928 times
Sort of like you -- my thing was hearing people come home before they came home. Started as a teen, where I heard my parent's car drive in the driveway, the crunch of the gravel, the car turn off, the doors slam shut, the door to our breezeway open and key go into the house door lock and...... nothing.

No one there, no car in the drive way, nothing. Scared me to pieces. And 15 minutes to a half hour later the whole thing would repeat, this time with parents.

While not like clockwork, it was a pretty regular thing and once, in fact, I did it in front of friends.... freaked them out too. As a psychic power -- pretty useless. It did it when it did it, so I couldn't count on it to keep me out of trouble. And if I wasn't home, it didn't happen.

And then it stopped.

And then, as I entered menopause... it started again, with my husband. Except now, I live in a dicey area... if I hear someone trying to get into the house, there are darn well better be someone coming into the house. The first time it happened, I was knee deep in the 1800's looking for ancestors online -- I didn't notice it was dark, it was just me and ancestry.com and censuses and old newspaper articles.... I heard my husband's truck pull up and the truck door shut after a couple of minutes. Very normal for him. That sound pulled me back into present day where I realized the whole house was dark and so was outside.....

I got up and started turning on lights as I heard his key go into the door lock.... and I flew to the door to get the porch light...

And nothing. No truck, no person ....nothing. I know what I heard. A small Toyota truck makes a distinctive sound as compared to the big Chevy and Ford trucks every one else drives around here.

And I KNOW I heard someone on the porch.

Freaked me out.... and as I walked around my house it dawned on me what happened.

It happened a few more times and the last time, I stood in the living room and said out loud -- Listen, all this is doing is freaking me out, you gotta make it stop.

Apparently, he listened..... hasn't happened since.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Status: "the sun is not yellow, it's chicken" (set 4 hours ago)

18,527 posts, read 17,972,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canvasart View Post
I'm just curious if there are any people on this forum with true psychic abilities be it a medium or otherwise?
I knew you were going to ask that

Old 05-02-2013, 06:35 PM

4,278 posts, read 6,962,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, I do. I can't rely on it or call it up at will. But here's an example of something odd like that and it happened today. A few days ago I thought of a man who worked in the same home improvement store I did back in the 70s. I really didn't think of him--I just sort of "heard" his name, not a common last name, in my mind and remembered who he was. He was nothing to me more than a coworker. Nice enough guy. Weird that his name went through my mind some 35 years after I last saw him.

Today I visited my mother who lives about an hour away from me in the town where I used to live, and I read her local paper, which isn't available by me. The last name of the guy I was thinking about the other day caught my eye in the obituaries. I read it, and sure enough, my old coworker is listed as the son of the man who died. Or I assume it is him--it's the same first and last name and a town next to where we used to work.

But it doesn't really mean anything to me or have any impact on my life, just that it's some sort of coincidence but happens too often to be a coincidence.

Re the worrying. I am a first class ordained worrier, almost to the point of OCD except that I don't "do" things to prevent "it" from happening other than mental exercises or counting. It's as if NOT worrying will allow "it" to happen, whatever the it may be.
Exactly, this is exactly the same thing that I experience. I tend to "think" so much sometimes that it becomes almost exhausting mentally. And, I have also always been a chronic "worrier". To be honest, the constant worrying often forces me to take action, and many times it has been very necessary and proven vital that I do so. But maybe it's that constant sensitivity to everything that's going on around us, or COULD go on, that allows those random thoughts, the ones that turn out to come to fruition, to enter.

I've often wished I could be one of those "non-fretters". The ones that don't seem to get too rattled about much of anything, and don't ponder things beyond what's immediately in front of their noses too much. They seem so much more content and poised. But, I also find that they don't think "outside the box" very often. Their situational awareness is very narrow in many ways. You know the ones I mean, their comfortable line of thinking is that tomorrow will always be just like today, and so on. I don't think that way. For better or worse, since childhood, my "dark" side, if that's what it is, is a constant part of me, whether I like it or not. One of those blessing/curse deals. Only time will tell which one it really is.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,043,385 times
I don't know where I fit into the ability phase, though I know I have some. My maternal grandmother used to read tea leaves. With me, it started when I was in my teens. I would dream about things and they would happen. I also have the ability to see babies before the mothers even know they are pregnant, right down to the sex of the baby, and month thy will be born. I can also see sickness in people as if it was an xray. I do not speak with the dead, except to say when my husband died, I saw him in a dream. Same with my Mom, and my Dad, and my cousin who was killed in the Beirut bombing. I used to do readings, but no more. I also would tell someone right away if I could not read them.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:18 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,371,440 times
I can recite the alphabet backwards, halfway. Does that count?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:41 PM

8,819 posts, read 11,582,885 times
Premonitions. Useless, but very well observed and noted through years of existence in this body. I can tell ahead of time, when a song will be played on radio, or show will be in media. As in - I either start humming it, or thinking of a particular artist or movie, and here they come. Like I said - useless, but nice.
My dreams, the vivid ones, always come true. Always. Never missed. You just need to know what they mean. It got to the point my wife even believes me. I predicted several deaths in the family this way. Useless also.
But it's encouraging.
Like someone here said - we all have this and that, we simply refuse to see it the right way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal