Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 04:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

John Wayne 'Rio Grande' Movie UFO Solved

I don't believe it was a remote control flying toy either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 09:03 PM

15,060 posts, read 8,622,286 times
I haven't shared this with too many people, and for the longest time, I had considered my experience just a dream. It's important to preface the following story with some context ... this occurred whe I was about 5-6 years old, and long before there was any real entertainment media depicting anything like what I'm about to account that could have influenced this "dream".

One night as I lay in bed, I awaken (or become aware) and find myself floating out my second story bedroom window (summer time, window open, no screen as I recall), slowly and gently all the way to the ground, where a classic (by today's standards) saucer shaped craft sat in our side yard (the property was unusually configured with a very large side yard on my bedroom's side of the house). This craft, as I recall clearly today was not very large at all, perhaps 15 ft or so in diameter, with tripod like legs ... classic tapered saucer like shape. The very odd thing was the two occupants that I recall looking quite normal (not your classic alien gray), with a distinct resemblance to my parents ... not identical, just similar, and familiar to me, as if I had met tjem before. They wore shiny silver metalic like suits that I distinctly recall receiving a static discharge like shock when I touched one of them.

The only other thing I recall of this encounter is their assurances that we would see each other again. The next thing I recall is waking the next morning with this vivid memory of this very brief encounter. Unlike any other dream, this dream remains just as vivid as it was 50 years ago.

It was decades later before I considered this anything other than a dream. However, the vivid image of the craft fit drawings made by others ..... as did this floating experience fit others accounts. It was also at about this same time frame that I experienced reoccurring bouts of nose bleeding, similar to accounts of abductees recounting implantations via instruments stuck up their noses, causing lots of bleeding.

I don't recall anything happening to me in this encounter, other than the floating to the ground, seeing the craft and the two occupants, and what seemed like a quick hello, which was rapidly followed by a goodbye, with nothing occuring in between, at leastfrom the perspective of what I am able to recall.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:13 AM

513 posts, read 695,387 times
"The English Roswell" as the history channel show called it. 3 Legitimate air force personnel (one was captain I believe) were on record stating what they saw and asking for answers. They had a live recording of what they saw and how they were reacting. They also claim to have taken pictures that they were never able to recover.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:54 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,083,401 times
I have never seen a UFO or anything similar. I don't discount the possibilities, but until one lands in the pasture and I shake hands or tentacles with it's pilot, I remain skeptical.

Having said that, some years ago I got a midnight phone call from a pal who was very agitated. He lives on a remote ranch a few miles from mine. He is pretty much of the same mind as I am regarding these things. At the time, he and his wife had their house under construction and were staying in a small camp trailer. A mutual friend of ours had come to camp for the weekend at his place and help my buddy with some building task or other. He and his girlfriend were tented about a hundred feet away from my friend's trailer. Earlier in the evening before bed, they had had a nice campfire outside and chatted for a while and watched some odd, darting lights that appeared to be above a ridgeline about a mile away. They came and went for quite some time and eventually stopped.
Everyone remarked about what fun it had been and how curious the lights were, said goodnight and went to bed. He was awakened by a low humming sound and a vibration that went thru his entire trailer. He described it as a rapid shaking, more vibration than if the wind was rattling it, and there was no wind. Soon it became apparent that there was a bright light outside. Looking out the trailer window, he could see that it was coming from overhead. He described it as "bright as day". He could clearly see our friend's tent a hundred feet away. The light lasted a minute or two during which time the trailer continued to vibrate. Then it stopped. The shaking quit and the light went out. He opened the door and looked out, calling to our friend. Nobody answered, so he got a flashlight and went to the tent, finding our friend and his girlfriend sound asleep in their bags. They woke up and claimed not to have heard or seen anything. Returning to the trailer he woke his wife up and she too claimed to know nothing. Needless to say he stayed awake all night but nothing else happened, that night or ever.
The interesting thing is, a couple of years later I brought the incident up in conversation and he claimed he had no idea what I was talking about. I tried to remind him and he claimed I was crazy. He hasn't ever spoken of this again. I know it wasn't my own weird dream, because my wife woke up when he called on the phone and heard the entire conversation I had with him.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:06 PM

275 posts, read 455,143 times
The Dolce Base stories intrigue me..

Old 01-01-2014, 04:47 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times
Ask the Marine and Navy guys stationed out on Adak Alaska in the 60's-70's. They'll tell you, they are here and they are real!

Old 02-22-2014, 01:24 PM

4 posts, read 3,717 times
Was a failed USSR probe sent to Venus. Booster failed.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:39 PM

1,094 posts, read 882,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I saw another UFO last week and reported it to a few UFO websites. It was in the morning and I heard a jets engines flying overhead. I scanned around to see it and it was overhead flying west leaving a contrail. But right behind it, following it was a white orb almost the size of the jet( nose to tail, wing to wing), but a round ball in shape. It flew straight, left no trail and seemed to overtake it just to the jets left when they both flew behind some clouds. I looked on Youtube and it looked similar to some videos they have on there. Now I guess I'm going to have to check out more jets during the day to see if anythings following them, at least on cloudy days.
As far as Fire In The Sky, I detailed on here what happened to my brother and me some 30 years ago when we were in school. We went to school one morning, as usual, and were given absentee slips for our parents to fill out and bring in. We asked why and were told we hadn't been in school the day before. We said we were, the school( teachers we asked, friends we had lunch with, other students in class) said we weren't. We were sure we had been in school although we drew a blank when we tried to remember what we did in school. And if we didn't go to school, we couldn't remember what we did or where we went. It was like we were hypnotized to think we had been in school but had no specific recollection of being there. Our dad dropped us off at school and he said he had done so. And they knew we weren't home, our dad was retired and our grandmother lived with us, they'd have known if we showed up or stayed home. We even asked them if we went somewhere with them and just couldn't remember. That's what was odd, and made the whole thing very confusing. We avoided trouble and hand our parents call the school demanding to know why we were marked absent, it made no sense. The school said to let it go, they'd take our word for it. That was odd, too.
For a long time I thought something was up at the school, like we were grabbed just as we entered the school and hypnotized into forgetting what happened. Like we'd been brainwashed or interrogated or something. I really didn't think about aliens until years later and have no memories of aliens. And I did have a feeling that we should let it go, like there was a threat against our family if we didn't forget it.
A couple things. I got a creepy feeling whenever I saw the movie " The Manchurian Candidate". It was like that movie struck a nerve. Like being violated. And years later, the movie "Men In Black", the part with that memory erasing pen. Same thing.
And on the Men In Black. Around that time we noticed, my brother and friends in our group together, noticed that a car seemed to follow us around for a while at nights and keep tabs on our activities when were together. We thought it was a joke, like we had been mistaken for spies or something. We joked about being Russian agents or spies and laughed about the CIA bugging us and watching us. The car would pull up at the end of the street when we'd get out and then turn around and drive off or just sit there and then pull away. Our friend said a car followed him home after he dropped us off. With this business about the NSA, maybe they thought we were serious, who knows. My thoughts at the time were that we played Dungeons and Dragons and there was some hysteria about it, about it being dangerous and devil worship. It was the Reagan years and maybe they were just overly paranoid. Watch Tom Hanks "Mazes and Monsters" if you want a laugh but it was like that. I leaned towards it being the government run amok and not aliens for a long time. I don't know which would be worse. If they interrogated us they saw we were harmless. But I'd like an apology. If it was aliens, then uh oh.
Nothing like that happened again( that I know of) so I'm glad about that. I still lean towards the government being up to no good and having secret hardware we don't know about and they may have access to alien technology and keep their existence a secret. But I hadn't seen a UFO until a few months ago. Now I'm more intrigued.
I would suspect a sexual predator who used the date rape drug before I would suspect a UFO abduction. A car following you is a sign of a sex fiend operating in the area.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:49 PM

1,094 posts, read 882,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
John Wayne 'Rio Grande' Movie UFO Solved

I don't believe it was a remote control flying toy either.
A smuggling ring was using model airplanes and model rockets to smuggle drugs across the Rio Grande from the late 1960s until 1977, when the last of them were rounded up. Constant UFO reports in the area were what tipped off the DEA.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:05 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
I was BBQ'ing, went inside to the bathroom and when I came out all the meat on the grill was gone.

Could only have been aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal