U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 01:04 PM

22 posts, read 16,411 times
Question Strange drops of water

In the house my boyfriend and I live(along with 2 other adults,4 kids,and 5 dogs),he and I have both experienced this:a lone,freezing cold drop of water,it feels like water but also so cold and quick as to be almost like a tiny electrical Zing!out of nowhere!Indoors!No drips or signs of water damage on the ceiling above,and no other obvious source of water,like a freshly watered plant,or open windows-rain,sprinklers,etc!In fact,we have both experienced this on the underside of an arm,or chin-as if it "dropped" from the floor up!Has anyone heard of anything like this,or have any ideas on what might explain it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 PM

7,062 posts, read 5,018,567 times
Some sort of static discharge from somewhere or a hard electrical source is the likely explanation. Are there any wires running anywhere near the incidents? Do you live in a very dry climate?

This reminds me of a situation at my friends house. his house was very cluttered at the time, And he told me he kept seeing an very faint discharge coming up from the floor. I was skeptical until i saw it. Turns out an extension cord that had a crack in it was discharging.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:35 PM

1,288 posts, read 998,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldongirl View Post
In the house my boyfriend and I live(along with 2 other adults,4 kids,and 5 dogs)
Who are those people?

Old 05-19-2013, 12:37 PM

22 posts, read 16,411 times
Default replies @ strange water drops

I dunno about the electricity thing,but there are no exposed wires,or frayed cords-but we do have a LOT of electronics plugged into 2 or 3 outlets in our room,and a jumble of cables and wires-phone,internet,wireless,cable,stereo,surround sound,bass amps,DVD,not to mention various power cords,and connecting cables!!!!There is no carpeting,but what about static electricity?Also,the smoke alarm is hard-wired into the house,and it still occasionally beeps,as if the battery were dying!To the next question-the other occupants besides my boyfriend and I are:his daughter,her mother(yes,his ex),and a teenage daughter,and usually her bff,also!The house,we just found out from a neighbor,was falling down,room by room,due to water leaks,around the old lady who lived here,and then someone who was either her relative,or someone who bought it cheap,gutted it,and redid it,however the rooms are not the original lay-out.I wonder if she died here......

Old 05-19-2013, 02:36 PM

10,891 posts, read 9,067,869 times
Small pools of water that are unexplained and seemingly appear "out of no where", have been linked to poltergeist activity. Poltergeist are not ghosts of the dead, but frequently, where there are poltergeist, there are other types of activity.

Poltergeist seem to be more prevalent in homes where adolescent girls reside.

Droplets of cold water and leaks are also less frequent but recorded in poltergeist hauntings.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:56 AM

280 posts, read 88,684 times
Hell yes! I have experienced this quite a few times. In my toilet lol. I was getting these signle water drops on my back or shoulders sometimes. I don't remember whether my mother had ever experienced that too. But at the same time I remember like she told me she noticed something once too.
We also see no signs of water on the ceiling above, but the feeling is pretty strange. We have no back wall in the bathroom, there's just a hole through which you can see waterpipes heading up to the next apartment above and below us. But whenever I touch the pipes they are dry as dry can be!

Old 08-08-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
In the house my boyfriend and I live(along with 2 other adults,4 kids,and 5 dogs),he and I have both experienced this:a lone,freezing cold drop of water,it feels like water but also so cold and quick as to be almost like a tiny electrical Zing!out of nowhere!Indoors!No drips or signs of water damage on the ceiling above,and no other obvious source of water,like a freshly watered plant,or open windows-rain,sprinklers,etc!In fact,we have both experienced this on the underside of an arm,or chin-as if it "dropped" from the floor up!Has anyone heard of anything like this,or have any ideas on what might explain it?
Poltergeist frequently use water - cold and hot. Strange puddles of water are not uncommon.

Are any of the kids pubescent or pre-pubescent? Or teens?

Old 08-08-2013, 03:54 PM

11,246 posts, read 9,579,858 times
Anybody heard of this story before?... minus the rap video at the end, anyway.

Don Decker - Make It Rain - YouTube

Old 08-08-2013, 05:08 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,017,338 times
Quote:
I know exactly what you are talking about because this has been happening to me a lot in the last 3 weeks.
It's hot and we have no air conditioner, just fans and spray bottles. At first I thought my son was sneaking up behind me and spraying me, but it would only be one cold drop - on my neck, face, arms, legs, wherever - without warning and never in the same spot twice.
I feel it "hit" me and feel the skin and it is not wet, but it is always cold in that tiny spot.

No drops of water coming from anywhere to actually be causing this, and since I don't even feel any wetness, I do wonder what the heck is causing it.

I like the electrical zing because that could also describe it.

I was happy to read this old post because this is something new for me. I really never even gave them much thought until I read this post. (Now I might have to do some research. )

Old 08-08-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I know exactly what you are talking about because this has been happening to me a lot in the last 3 weeks.
It's hot and we have no air conditioner, just fans and spray bottles. At first I thought my son was sneaking up behind me and spraying me, but it would only be one cold drop - on my neck, face, arms, legs, wherever - without warning and never in the same spot twice.
I feel it "hit" me and feel the skin and it is not wet, but it is always cold in that tiny spot.

No drops of water coming from anywhere to actually be causing this, and since I don't even feel any wetness, I do wonder what the heck is causing it.

I like the electrical zing because that could also describe it.

I was happy to read this old post because this is something new for me. I really never even gave them much thought until I read this post. (Now I might have to do some research. )
That sounds horrible. The "zing" could be from the cold or hot - or an electrical charge. I would worry more about the very real possibility of water mixing with electric - in any case, than I would about researching a poltergeist!

All of these things exist and frequently to cause harm. I don't think that any people on this forum should be making fun of anyone else - or their problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal